About this project
IMPORTANT: Rewards will not be shipped to Canada. See FAQ for details.
Windcatcher Air Pakk
Go Everywhere. Dream Anywhere.
1) Self inflating, Adjustable Padding
In addition to making the Air Pakk super comfortable to use as both a pillow and pad, as shown in the demo below, the adjustable padding also helps to protect your valuables.
2) Removable Outer Cover
The Air Pakk's Quick Cover can be quickly unzipped and used as a clean place to set your items when laying on the Air Pakk. Additionally, when zipped back onto the Air Pakk, the Quick Cover also covers up the side of the Air Pakk that touches the ground, thereby making sure you stay clean too. BACKER FEEDBACK WANTED: The final style of Quick Covers that we'll be offering will be based off of your feedback. So please let us know what type of styles, patterns, materials, and colors you would like to see for our Quick Covers.
3) Lay Flat Zipper
Its full length, lay flat zipper allows the Air Pakk to be opened completely and ensures the zipper never gets in the way of comfort. This also makes packing up and finding things within the Air Pakk extra easy.
4) Pocket Strap
5) Internal Removable Pockets
BACKER FEEDBACK WANTED: The final functionality and look of the internal pocket will be determined by you the backers. Want a place to store your pens? Need to have see-through pockets? Please let us know!
6) Removable & Reconfigurable Straps
Windcatcher AirPad 2
Like the original, the new and improved Windcatcher Air Pad 2 inflates in seconds without any power or pumping. Our one-of-a-kind valve also allows for instant deflation, making packing up a breeze.
- G-hook Fastener: Quickly and easily open and close the Windcatcher valve. More durable and reliable (and stylish) than ever.
- Quilted supports = more comfort
- No Stuff Sack Required: The built-in elastic band attaches to the G-hook, allowing you to keep the AirPad 2 rolled up without the need for a stuff sack.
Air Pad 2 Specifications:
- SIZE: 21 x 72 x 4 inches
- WEIGHT: 27 onces
- Not Insulated
Air Pakk + AirPad 2
The Air Pakk and AirPad 2 are the perfect combination
- Lounge Chair - Great for when you want to use an iPad or read a book.
- Pillow - So comfy you'll probably forget to wake up
- Foot Rest - Great after a long day of hiking
- +12 Extender - Too tall for the AirPad 2? Use the Air Pakk to extend the length by 12 extra inches for a total of 84 inches / 7 feet / 213 cm
The money raised on Kickstarter will be used for the following:
- Place an initial order with our manufacturer for the Windcatcher Air Pakk and Windcatcher AirPad 2
- Materials with custom colors and specifications for the AirPad 2 and Air Pakk
- Shipping - Since the AirPad 2 and Air Pakk are both being manufactured overseas, we'll need to hire FedEx again, to ocean freight the products to the US. From there we will distribute them using our network of Shipwire warehouses.
In addition to the manufacturer that we used to produce the Air Pad for our first Kickstarter, we have also lined up the top manufacturers in our industry. Once we have received the feedback from our Backers about the Air Pakk, we will incorporate those ideas into the final design and being production.
The prototypes for the AirPad 2 are near final, retail ready versions with only minor details like logo placement and packaging awaiting completion.
Risks and challenges
With any product design project, there's always a chance for unexpected issues that can delay when the product ships. Issues with products clearing customs, unexpected supply shortages, and delays during shipment can all impact when our rewards will ship.
As our second Kickstarter campaign, we're confident that we have given ourselves enough time to account for the unexpected.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Soon I'll be updating the page with the Air Pakk's current dimensions as well as posting a video of what the bag can hold.
The final dimensions will be determined by the feedback we get from Backers. However, the Air Pakk won't get any smaller and will at least be big enough to hold a 15 inch mac book pro.
We've partnered with another company to bring Windcatcher products to Canada. As such, they'll be the only company that is able to sell our products in Canada.
Support this project
- (30 days)