We have made some updates and changes along the way so wanted to summarize them all here to make it easy to find them:
4 Stretch Goals have been unlocked which means:
- All physical editions of the book will include a signed bookplate
- Reimagined MyExtraLife strips will be done by artists Scott Kurtz, Steve Hamaker, Mary Varn, John Kovalic, Len Peralta and Krishna Sadasivam and included in the book
- These strips will also be available as options in any level that includes a choice of 8x12 print.
- They will also be available as add-ons when the surveys come out
- All physical reward levels will now receive 12 stickers and all digital only reward levels will now receive 12 avatars of those stickers. This was originally announced as 10 but we bumped it up to 12.
Add-ons are available for any level which includes a physical reward. You can add to you pledge to cover additional items and when surveys come out, you will be able to select the specific items. Add ons, with their pricing (shipping is included in these amounts) are:
- Physical copy of the collection $20
- Choice of 8x12 print $10
- Choice of Individual Pin $10
- Choice of T shirt $25
We added a hard cover edition
- The new Vincent 4:Vincent Harder level includes a signed and numbered with personalized sketch HARDCOVER edition of the collection! Plus, the avatars, 3 pins, digital edition, and 8x12 print as well. Based on limited stock, the hardcover is unlikely to be available as an add-on.
We sweetened the pot on some of the reward levels:
- The Snowhedge: now includes a 3rd pin (Henry, Scott's World of Warcraft pet) as well as a choice of 8x12 print
- The Mendoza: now includes a 3rd pin (Henry, Scott's World of Warcraft pet) as well as a choice of 8x12 print
- The Vincent: all 4 Vincent levels now include a 3rd pin (Henry, Scott's World of Warcraft pet) as well as a choice of 8x12 print
- The Henry and The Steve: Both of these levels now include the hardcover edition in place of the softcover
We gave all backers 20 extra avatars. These are available now before the end of the campaign and a link is included on backer exclusive Update 6. These are in addition to the avatars included in the reward levels and can be downloaded now.
Stretch Goal 5 announced $75,000
If we hit $75,000 before the end of the campaign, I am going to add a digital collection of all my Experience Points strips to every level from Seahollow on up! Every backers $10 and above will receive a digital edition collection of every Experience Points strip.
I started ExtraLife in June of 2001, mostly as a way to keep drawing all the time. Seemed like a good way to improve my skills and MAYBE grow a little audience online. It turned out to be one of the smartest things I had ever done with my life. It's opened so many doors, created so many relationships, and was the gateway to a whole career for me online.
Nearly 15 years later, I figure it's time to finally bow to fan desire for a physical collection. The time is right, and I'm ready to do it. So let's go.
The comic has evolved a lot over the years in both content and format, but at it's heart, it's always been a lifeline to the things I love so much in life: Movies, pop culture, video games, TV, nerd life, and even my own life and family.
So many people and creators have inspired me for so long. I don't have room here to thank them all.
The at least 100 page book will feature cover art by the incredible Howard Porter. (DC, Marvel, JLA, The Flash, etc.)
A wonderful forward by the venerable and talented writer / creator, Gerry Conway. (Marvel, DC, The Punisher, Firestorm, Law & Order, etc.)
As you might have heard in the video, there will be lots of little extras thrown in as well, and if we break a few stretch goals, even more! We've got lots of cool rewards--check them out over on the side there--and more surprise guest artists to announce if we get to some of those mystery stretch goals along the way!
$70,000 - ???? Who knows!
$80,000 - ???? Crazy!
$90,000 - ???? Bonkers!
$100,000 - ???? Have to get there to see!
Risks and challenges
Putting out a collection like this is NOT easy for anyone, and there are a lot of logistics involved in printing, shipping, and managing a project like this. But we have an experienced team that handles our production and fulfillment and have run a number of successful Kickstarters already so we are ready to do this!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)