Round 10 is a modular tabletop RPG system designed to be simple and easy to play without losing strategy or depth. Play in any setting! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on July 23, 2012.
About this project
What is the Round 10 RPG System?
Round 10 is a tabletop Role-Playing Game Engine that was designed with two very simple goals in mind: 1.) To create a tabletop game that anybody, from rookie gamers to experienced veterans, can enjoy, and 2.) To create a tabletop game that isn't limited to one play-style or genre.
With Round 10 you and your gaming group can experience the magic-wielding, arrow-slinging adventures of high-fantasy gaming one week, and then trade in your Elves and Dwarves for mobsters and crime lords in a 1920's gangster session the next week. The Core Rulebook provides the basics, the simple information on how to use this system, and then what you do with it is up to you. The only limitations to Round 10 gaming are the ones you put forth. Play the game you want to play!
This initial project will fund the Core Rulebook, as well as the first official Round 10 Setting Module, Zimildran. With everything in this project, you will be able to experience Round 10 gaming, bringing you and your friends into a game system that's all about simplicity and adaptability.
What about Round 10 sets it apart from other role-playing systems?
- A simple, streamlined system! All you need to play are two dice, the Core Rules and a Setting Module. It's easy to learn, yet still provides the same depth and complexity you've come to expect from tabletop games.
- Modular play! Want to change-up what your gaming group experiences without having to learn a new system? Round 10 is designed to accommodate any setting or genre you and your play group want.
- Easily adaptable! Create your own Settings with relative ease! Experience your favorite films, video games, or other tabletop settings using the Round 10 rules. GMing has never been so simple!
- New, Official Setting Modules released periodically! After Zimildran, expect to see future setting Modules, allowing you to play Round 10 in other amazing locales and in new and interesting ways. Also, Setting Expansions will be released as well, taking the Settings you already know and love and expanding on their capabilities.
What is the Setting Module, Zimildran, like?
- Zimildran is a medieval-fantasy setting in which traditional fantasy monsters, like trolls and dragons, have been replaced with creatures from prehistoric Earth. Adventurers must stay alert or else they will be overtaken by vicious predatory dinosaurs, territorial woolly mammoths, and cunning saber-tooth cats.
- The civilized world of Zimildran is divided into four distinct nations: Harsonia, the trade-capital and engineering hub of the continent, Kotokai, the imperialistic and spiritual jungle region, the Snow Marches, a clan-ruled tundra in the north, and Ukinda, a loose affiliation of nomadic tribes who roam the arid west.
- A largely primal and untamed world, Zimildran offers plenty of adventure and danger for the daring and bold: ancient ruins of unknown origin dot the landscape, hiding relics and artifacts worth a king's fortune. An unknown evil stirs in the far west, labeled as demons by the Ukindans. In the thick forests of the east, a terrible, unnatural disease spreads, returning once-dead beasts to life as reanimated corpses. All of this on top of the already tense diplomatic relations between, and even within, the four cultures.
What has to be done to make Round 10 possible?
This is where you come in! Thanks to Kickstarter, and your generous donations, we hope to raise $4,000 to finish the production of the Round 10 Role-Playing Game System. The writing of the Core Rulebook and the Zimildran Setting Module are almost complete already! Your support with go towards finishing, editing and revising the manuscripts, designing the layout of the books and the character sheets, fully illustrating the project, and getting it completely ready for digital download, print-on-demand, and publication. This book will be produced through Createspace.com.
To help show our appreciation for your contributions, we have a number of rewards set up to say "thanks." Everything from free copies of the game, to having your name published in the book, to having your likeness drawn as an illustration in the book, are all available.
Be sure to follow the Tumblr already set up for the system, and thank you for your interest and for your support!
The Core Rulebook + Zimildran reward ships to US for a $45 pledge. For overseas donations, an amount of $70 should be donated to compensate for foreign shipping.
- (30 days)