Tradewars® Rising multiplayer strategy MMO (Canceled)
Participate in completing the remake of famous classic space strategy massively multiplayer onilne game Tradewars® then going beyond.
First off, thanks to:
Sylien Games team for just being awesome at what they do.
We'd like to thank John Pritchett of EIS for allowing us to use the Tradewars® Trademark to create Tradewars® Rising.
This project has been in the works over several years mainly as a passion of ours… We've never really had the time and means to really go all-in, which had been really limiting our abilities to develop our full vision into reality, the next generation platform and to full proper web based Tradewars® Rising, production quality and super mod tools to allow players to modify their experience with their friends.
The timing is perfect right now to get this thing Kickstarted into a really high quality web strategy game, as it should be, and of course introduce on the game engine new games, give players, more customizability and expand the offering into something that will blow people's minds... assuming there are funds to go the long haul, way past the required amount to make a cool go at it.
To visit the current game beta as it is, feel free to visit Tradewars® Rising any time.
Descriptive videos on the game (more to come):
Check the Kickstarter Updates for more gameplay videos moving forward.
To get a full idea of the full list of features that will be added and bugs that need to be fixed (evolving with the community), feel free to play the beta game a bit, visit the Sylien Games Kickstarter Forums and put in your 2 cents.
As you can see, we have big plans, some of which are hinted at in the video. Feel free to visit our Forum for details and we WILL post new information here as the Kickstarter progresses explaining exactly what the different steps are all about.
In order to make this interesting, when people pledge, we're giving away the following elements as part of packages:
- Free Premium Subscription time: Gives you access to all the ships, perks and benefits involve in the game including full access to the Game Creation and Modding tool.
- Backer badges and Medals: Show off you backed this project up to make it into what it will be to the community.
- Get included into a Backer's only Game Event (or Event(s)) where you will compete against hundreds of players at the same time.
- Receive the Tradewars® Rising Mousepad depicting the mighty Imperial Starship flying near StarDock.
- Buy a couple of your friends Premium time so you can group up and set up a Corporation together.
- Get the really cool black TWR t-shirt.
- We will also be sending out a bunch of signed posters by the core Sylien Games team, which will include the CEO (Sylvain Rochon) and the game engine designer (Jordan Janisson), and a couple other guys that participated in the coding and art for the update.
- And of course, for those of you with a passion for collectibles, we're having up to 200, fully painted and treated, 3D printed 25cm versions of the most powerful Federation ship in existence, the Federation Starship, numbered and with certificates of authenticity included, to either hang on your ceiling, or put on a stand. The photo below is a Version 1 model from a 3D file we created a couple years back. The Actual models you will receive will be much more detailed, with slight improvements and will have exhaust effects physically added (Version 2)
- We even create a super high levels for those REALLY committed to the creative process where you get to custom design and 3D print your own new TWR spaceship, but also take part in the creation of a brand new game on the engine and have the title Associate Game Designer for it. Neat huh?
We hope you will be part of the ride with us, and when we are done, use that subscription time and Event invite to test the game out fully later this year.
Estimated date of launch of first new Milestone Update: Fall 2013
Risks and challenges
Since this is software development, we don't really know when the new update will be ready for sure, as testing can take a bit of time. But given our experience with our own game engine, we feel pretty confident we'll be able to get things done in only 3-5 months of development time after the Kickstarter is over with.
We're always heavily engaged with our community, so in the Sylien Games Forums, we'll be letting everyone know what's going on step by step and asking you all to provide insights and feedback on where the project is going, and what to do next. So if you feel strongly about the game, get involved!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)