A beautiful leather drink accessory for coffee and tea cups. Made in the USA. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on December 29, 2012.
About this project
Hi, I'm Kevin, head maker at Long Season Goods. LSG is my creative outlet for making objects outside of my normal work as a web designer. Over the years I've produced various types of things, mostly for friends and to scratch creative impulses. I started working with leather this year after seeing a friend make some custom shoes. Several leather failures later and the "Sipper" was born. This Kickstarter Campaign is to help fund the first production of the "Sipper", to be completely made in Los Angeles California.
Here are some things to know:
- 100% natural veg tanned leather. It will age to a rich color over time since the leather is not dyed or oiled. Leather weight will be 5-6oz.
- It fits most To-Go cups that coffee shops provide. Inside circumference at the top is 9 inches.
- Made in the USA. We have partnered with a small leather factory that has been in business for over 10 years. They make very nice heavy duty tool bags for a variety of companies. We wanted to be sure we could produce this item with professionals and deliver on time.
- Our logo is stamped on the side.
- Edges are hand painted a dark brown color to seal the edge and give it contrast.
- It ships in a simple muslin tool pouch to keep it clean before you start to give it character.
For a pledge of $10 or more
If you happen to be in LA, I will meet you for coffee or tea to personally thank you for supporting our campaign. If you are not in LA, I can do skype. We can chat about anything you'd like. It would be a great way to meet other Kickstarter supporters.
For a pledge of $25 or more
Limited to 100. You will receive 1 Sipper at a special price as thanks for supporting us early.
For a pledge of $30 or more
You will receive 1 Sipper and a Thank You note included in your pouch.
For a pledge of $40 or more
Limited to 100. You will receive 1 Sipper with your initials stamped into the leather. Provide up to 3 letters in the survey we will email to you at the end of the campaign and we will stamp it on your Sipper before we pack and ship it.
For a pledge of $54 or more
A Perfect Pair. You will receive 2 Sippers (no Initials stamped) and a Thank You note included in your pouch.
For a pledge of $70 or more
Limited to 100. A Stamped Pair of Sippers. You will receive 2 Sipper with initials stamped on each. Provide up to 3 letters for each Sipper in the survey we email to you at the end of the campaign and we will stamp it on your Sippers before we pack and ship it to you.
Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges
We have partnered with a reputable leather factory to try to ensure timely production and keep quality consistent. They have been in business for over 10 years and produce high quality goods for larger companies. Also, if our campaign goal is exceeded by a large amount, we will have the capability of handling a larger production with this partnership.
For many years, I was producing an independent clothing line. We designed, manufactured and shipped our product to Asia, Europe, and the US. This gives us the experience to handle producing a well-made product, prevent delays and delivering on-time. We will apply that experience to making the Sipper a successful first production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We just added two more rewards for the perfect pair. See above for descriptions.
- (30 days)