Cup North is a two day coffee event with the aim of bringing together a strong selection of coffee and foodie businesses and showcasing them to the public of Manchester and beyond.
Our event will open its doors on the morning of Saturday 1st November. Visitors can expect:
- Loads of amazing coffee to taste - you will taste coffee like you have never tasted before
- Participate and learn about coffee tasting alongside the best people in the coffee industry
- Chance to learn how coffee blends are made and to make your own blend
- Learn about the journey of coffee from bean (farm) to cup (cafe/home) and its impact on the local communities
- Watch Tamper Tantrum (the TED talks of coffee) live - listen to the best experts in the coffee industry debating and talking about coffee
- Taste delicious food and drink from original and authentic street food traders and craft breweries hosted by GRUB
- Access to a Family Area - hosted by Coffee Kids - a charity involved in supporting families that are involved in the coffee production - kids under 12 go free to Cup North
- Demos from roasters and baristas but also from other foodies
- Live music across the day, with great local upcoming bands
- As well as coffee there will also be high quality tea and chocolate exhibitors - showcasing delicious drinks for non coffee bods
- Enjoy a beautiful art installation commissioned to the mancunian art collective “Makers Dozen”
As you can see we have an action packed few days planned and whilst we’re in the early stages of preparation we need some financial support.
We have secured use of Artwork which is an old light bulb factory that has been restored and is now housing creative start-up businesses. The building has many of its original features which we will be utilising through the event.
Our fundraising is split into three groups.
We primarily need to raise funds to improve the marketing of our event. We need to use a high quality website, professional PR and promotional activities to spread the word on Cup North.
Secondly we need to raise money to cover building costs associated with hosting businesses and people. These costs include power supply (coffee machines need lots of this!), additional lighting, furniture hire, security and insurance.
And finally but by no means least we would like to raise funds to cover the costs of hosting Tamper Tantrum. Tamper. Tantrum are the TED talks of coffee, organised by Steve Leighton of Has Bean and Colin Harmon of 3fE. The talks usually consist of a well regarded industry professional waxing lyrical on a chosen topic for 40 minutes or so. The topic is then opened up to the crowd and we get the chance to contribute and question ideas. These talks have been hosted by some of the most prestigious coffee events around the globe and having them at Cup North would put us and everyone involved in Cup North on a worldwide stage.
"Tamper Tantrum is the TED talks of coffee, providing a library of videos that is ever growing and free. We have done these shows in many countries, Ireland, France, Vienna to name a few. And now we want to bring it to Manchester to be part of the amazing line up of Cup North"
Your investment in Cup North will provide you with a range of benefits depending on your donation amount. We will consider every investor a friend of Cup North and your name will be highlighted on our website and at a special location within Cup North.
Larger investment from businesses will see sponsorship benefits and exposure throughout the event and beyond!
about the video: Our kickstarter video showcases a few of the speciality coffee shops in Manchester. It was kindly filmed by Blue Boat Media.
Exclusive peak at our special edition bag designed by @sister_crafts
Risks and challenges
After achieving funding we will be challenged to organise, promote and succcesfully put on a great event.
The main financial risks are raising funds for the logistics and costs associated with hosting a large event. We have aimed to keep costs low to enable all types of businesses to be involved so we may need extra support for power and lighting.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)