Kubifaktorium Progress Report #3
Hello there! In today's update I bring you the third Kubifaktorium progress report. Let me know what you think! :)
- There is now a active modding screen which you can access from the main screen. When there is an error in a mod, the game no longer crashes. Instead, you can mouseover over the erroneous mod (which shows an X as its icon) and read the error message, which should assist in figuring out the problem. If you are making a mod and find issues, please let me know!
- Added a tutorial menu to the menu screen. The game now keeps track of tutorials you complete.
- Added mood thought bubbles which popup when your colonist are unhappy.
- You can now rename colonists and animals. Just click on their name in the info panel and start typing.
- The colonist info panel now contains a line describing what he/she is doing at the moment.
- Colonists are now smart about which ingredients they use for construction/production. First, they'll pick the one that's closest to them, afterwards they pick the ones closest to the production / construction site.
- You can no longer build on sand.
- Added support for non-square buildings.
- When mining a mountain, you now get perfectly usable grassland + some rubble that disappears over time.
- Workshops can now have multiple outputs! Task generation, UI, tests etc. have been extended accordingly. The first recipe to take advantage of this is the bread recipe.
- Robots can now operate in multiple modes. The mode effects their movement speed as well as their fuel consumption.
- Both ambient light and torches are now brighter at night time.
- Added monoliths to the game (scenery).
- Clicking on the idle colonist display in the top now lets you cycle through your idle colonists.
- Added a warning flag to logistics system targets that accept nothing.
- Added a warning counter to the info bar in the top. Clicking on it will cycle through all objects which have warnings.
- You can now drag around the tech/production graph.
- The tooltips now have nice icons. Some messages now have nice icons.
- When placing a bonfire, the game now highlights the area you would gain.
- Added little frames to the skill boxes in the colonist screen.
- Added a warning flag to active trains that have less than 2 targets or no valid path.
- Added a warning flag to train stations that are not linked to the logistics system properly.
- Added a status text label to the train info panel.
- Trains now spawn correctly in train factories.
- Trains now navigate to the next station on their schedule.
- Train stations now work correctly as part of the logistics system.
- Goods stored at the train station are now loaded onto the train.
- Goods loaded onto a train are now correctly unloaded at the target location.
- Trains now turn correctly in a station if their next target is behind them.
- Fixed numerous bugs that prevented parts of the transport and logistics systems, as well as their serialization.
- Train stations now have names and can be renamed.
- Trains now have schedules (which are ineffective for now). The UI is a bit clunky but it works for now. To add a station to the schedule, select the train and right-click the new station. To remove a station, click on its entry in the schedule.
- Added the train factory as a proper building and removed the factory button from the track laying UI.