Get started with the first issue of a new 5 issue mini series!
Invisible Webs #1 is 22 pages of Sci Fi Action Thriller!
Think the Matrix meets the KillJoys in a new Sci Fi world!
What would you do to be free? What if you didn't realize you were in a prison? What if you were trapped in the Invisible Web?
It’s the year 2062. Ten years ago, the “Dark War” raged across the entire world. It wasn’t fought with soldiers, bombs or bullets; it was fought with hackers. When the digital smoke cleared, a shadowy organization known as the Authority dominated all electronic systems and networks around the globe. Finance, media, elections; they ruled it all.
Their control is about to unravel.
Our main cast:
Connor - A former Spec Ops soldier, trapped in an Authority cage.
Ash - A vigilante hacker avenging her Mother’s memory.
Sasha and Samuel - Twin heirs to a billion dollar industrial fortune.
The path to chaos and freedom can come from anywhere.
More Free Previews available at www.invisiblewebstudios.com
I woke up one night after a particularly vivid dream. I know, that sounds corny and ridiculous, but it's true! The dream centered around a world where every electronic device was controlled by one authority. In our modern world of connection and convenience, that seemed to me to be the ultimate power.
The only being who had any freedom in this world, to shape or make his own path, was the Engineer. I made some quick notes on my cell phone, ironic, and went back to sleep. The next morning, I started writing the concepts for what would become Invisible Webs #1, the first 22 page issue of a new sci fi comic adventure.
The team and I are very proud to bring this book to you and we are incredibly honored to have the amazing Collette Turner providing 2 of our variant covers!!!
Where's the money going?
Every cent from the Kickstarter goes into compensating the amazing art team who brought the comic to life. Absolutely no one who has worked on this project has been asked to do so "for exposure". Everyone will be compensated for their time, efforts, and talent. Anything extra goes straight to stretch goals and creating Invisible Webs #2.
Jeff Steeves - Creator, Writer, and overall Nut Job
Jacob Newell - Pencils, Inks, Greys and Covers
Collette Turner - Variant Covers
Toben Racicot - Letters
Christine Gordon Manley - Editing
Ash Lawson - aka "CrAsh"
- Hacker for Chaos Bytes liberation faction
- Late 20’s Asian Female 5 ft 8, 130 lbs
- Average build.
- She’s a hacker but she can run when she has to.
- Shoulder length black hair, slicked back
- Dark eyes
- Multiple tattoos on her arms and neck, breaking chains and technology No Dragons.
- Punk fashion, flaunting her outcast status
Ash’s Mother was an original member of the Frontiers of Information Freedom (the group that originally founded the Authority). Ash was taught hacking from a very early age, however in her early teens her mother disappeared. Ash firmly believes the Authority had her killed. A small cabal at the top of the Authority staged a coup to take control for themselves.
Ash rebelled hard as she grew older without her mother and had no relationship with any father type. Her constant goal is to strike at the Authority’s control of the Net and any bring their oppression to the world’s attention. Ash is a key founding member of Choas Bytes
- Grandfather of Sasha and Samuel
- Old school industry / shipping billionaire
- 60’s Male 5 ft 10, 180 lbs
- A stocky, bruiser kind of build
- Slicked back steel grey hair
- Handlebar mustache Dressed impeccably in 3 piece suit
- Background: Constantine survived the Authority’s takeover of all things technology by making sure to stick with old school industrial and shipping businesses. He slowly navigated the new world order and built a shipping empire by playing by the Authority’s rules but never losing sight of what they were capable of. Constantine’s oldest son and his wife died in a tragic accident, but he’s always suspected it was no accident at all and that the Authority was responsible. He raised his grandchildren from that point on. Constantine is a “rogue” meaning an un-authorized cybernetically enhanced individual. All his modifications were done illegally using the black market. He also secretly had the twins modified without their knowledge using advanced nano technology. They have no idea what powers they possess. Constantine believes it is only a matter of time before conflict starts and he wants to twins to have every advantage.
- Cybernetic Operations - Cy-Op Unit 1929.15.01 - Authority Substation Delta-005
- Mid 40's Male 6 ft 1, 200 lbs
- Firm, rugged build with lean lines
- Close shaved head
- No facial hair
- Dark, brown hard eyes
- Handsome but a haggard look on his face like someone who is trapped and sees no way out.
- Cy-Op standard uniform
- Background: Connor has an ex-military background that he doesn’t share. He’s no stranger to combat. When the Authority took over, he challenged their rule fiercely along with the rest of his unit. They were gunned down in a final showdown with Authority forces. Connor was revived however and forced into Authority service. As punishment he was thrown in menial Cy-Ops. Connor is desperate to find a path to freedom and has taken the risk of working with Chaos Bytes and Ash Lawson. Ash has promised that she can override the “chip” and give Connor back his freedom.
- Granddaughter of Constantine Rex
- 18 years old female 5 ft 6, 115 lbs
- Slim and athletic
- Short, spiky dark hair with blond tips
- Blue-green eyes
- Small snubby nose
- Delicate features
- Dressed in high fashion, expensive clothing
- A disdainful look in her eyes and on her face
- Background: Sasha is a socialite and a young lady raised in the cradle of privilege. That being said, her grandfather made sure she had the finest education his money could buy. Some secrets were too dangerous so he kept the cybernetic enhancements and the truth about the Authority until the twins were ready. Sasha is also a talented hacker and the more emotionally steady but coldly calculating of the twins.
- Grandson of Constantine Rex
- Twin brother of Sasha
- 18 year old male
- 5ft 5, 150 lbs
- Heavy set curly dark hair similar features to his twin Sasha but harsher and more masculine
- Sloppy clothes and manner
- A bored expression on his face.
- Background: Sam is a talented hacker. He’s been raised in privilege but considers the whole class system boring and disgusting in the way that lots of rich kids who have never had to deal with real life in the real world. Sam has no idea he’s been modified but he knows something isn’t quite “right”. Sam is very hot headed and emotional. He attacks the world head on with passion rather than careful thought.
Cybernetic Tactical Units
- Cy-Tac Units are the combat and enforcement arm of the Authority
- Each “Unit” has extensive cybernetic enhancements geared towards their purpose
- Scouts have optical masks
- Cy-Tac units wield advanced rifles that tie into their internal systems via direct hardware links to their arms / armor
- They are still a shadow force in a lot of ways
- Assault rifles Hand guns Full tactical SWAT style body armor Covered faces and helmets
Cybernetic Tactical Leader
- He’s the elite Cy-Tac Leader and the one given the critical assignments
- The same a similar look and feel as the other units, however clearly appear superior in his tech and upgrades.
- Hand guns only
- Uncovered face
- Cold cybernetic eyes
- Black haired
- Harsh, hawkish features
- 6 ft 1, 200lbs
Risks and challenges
Why take a chance on an Indie book or a creator you haven't heard of yet?
Because we love you! Other indie books think you're ugly, we've heard them say it! All joking aside, we have an awesome book with a free 10 page preview available. Give it a try and have a look!
Second, the book is DONE! Art, Lettering, Design, Covers! ALL DONE! This isn't a campaign where you have to wait 6 months to receive your rewards! If we can get our campaign to the finish line, your rewards will be on their way within 30 days!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)