The Buckham Boot project represents our first step into the world of made-to-order footwear. The boots are handcrafted from start to finish in our small shoe shop in Flint, Michigan.
We have designed a classically-styled derby boot that is made from the best materials with the highest quality construction. The upper leathers come from the Horween Leather Company in Chicago, Illinois. The soling leather is from the famed Rendenbach Tannery in Karthauser, Germany.
We perform every step of the process in our shop, from cutting out the leather to hand-stitching the welt. In order to offer this boot in a wide selection of sizes for men and women, we need to purchase an entire run of shoe lasts up front. In order to create our very own boot style we have designed the lasts ourselves. This requires us to pay a shoe last development fee. Paying for the lasts alone will cost several thousand dollars.
Additionally, in order to offer the Buckham at a price that is comparable to other high quality American-made boots, we need to order the leather in bulk. To do this, we need to have our money raised up front.
1. Sutorial Bumper Sticker -A sincere thank you for supporting our shoemaking dreams!
2. Handmade Leather Key Chain -You have a choice between two vegetable tanned leather key chains, which will be stamped with Sutorial's logo
4. Buckham Boots - The Buckham is the reason for this Kickstarter Project. Help us keep the tradition of American handmade boots and shoes alive!
1. Natural Brown in Buccaneer Leather (light brown, with yellow tongue, and orange pull tab):
2. Havana Brown in Cavalier Leather (dark brown, with light brown tongue, and yellow pull tab):
3. Black with Light brown heel (only available after we hit $30,000)
Three Sole Choices:
1. Rendenbach leather sole & stacked leather combination heel
2. Rendenbach leather sole & stacked leather heel with Vibram lug half sole and heel covers
3. Vibram Cristy Wedge Sole
1. Cap Toe
2. Plain Toe
SHOE SIZING: We are offering sizes 8-15 in mens and 5-11 in women including half sizes. All boots are only offered in standard widths D for men and B for women.
If we reach our $30,000 stretch goal we will offer women's D widths and Men's E widths.
* At the conclusion of the campaign we will send you a shoe sizing chart which will allow you to select the proper size.
SHIPPING: We are taking international orders on a case by case basis for the cost of the boots ($500) plus whatever the shipping cost would be to your destination. If you are outside the U.S. but would like the boots, message us and we will figure out shipping costs. We can't cover damages that happen during shipping and in the unlikely event that you needed to exchange the shoes you would need to cover all shipping costs. So we need to make sure the right size is ordered.
We would like to thank: The Right Brothers for doing a stellar job making our video. Lindsay Decker and Tracy Truhan for our amazing photos. Also a special thanks to Eric Norman, Jonathan Gustafson, Oaklin Mixon, and Jessica Buchanan and all our friends and family that have helped us along the way.
Risks and challenges
We have worked to address any challenges we may face. We have spent years learning the craft of handmade shoes. We have spent months creating and refining the design of the boots, and sourcing the right materials.
We believe the only real challenge that lies ahead is making and delivering the boots on time. One pair of boots takes roughly 30 hours to make. However we have taken steps to prepare for this by hiring and preparing an appropriate staff and acquiring the needed tools. This will allow us to finish the project within the targeted time frame.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)