Core Worlds Digital will be initially released on the iOS platform for both iPhone and iPad, with an Android version available shortly afterwards.
The ancient Galactic Realm, ruled from the Core Worlds of the galaxy, is waning. Now, the barbaric kingdoms that lie beyond the galactic frontier are amassing their strength, choosing this pivotal moment to strike at the heart of the fading republic, establishing new empires built upon the ashes of decaying civilizations.
But these outer systems are not yet strong enough to engage the forces of the Core Worlds directly. The young kingdoms must first gnaw at the edges of the crumbling frontier, developing new types of units and shrewder tactics. They must build up their energy resources to launch magnificent fleets and overwhelming ground forces. Then, when the time is right, they must strike at the galactic core itself, claiming the most exalted planets for themselves. The barbarian kingdom that achieves these goals will carve out the greatest empire in the galaxy.
Each player controls a barbarian Star Empire. Throughout the game, players will invade Worlds and draft new Units and Tactics into their Empires. Each Unit and World you acquire is worth a certain number of Empire Points. The player whose Empire contains the most Empire Points at the end of the game is the winner!
Core Worlds Digital is a game based on the original Core Worlds deck-building card game. The following are the central concepts of Core Worlds Digital:
- Central Zone: Throughout the game, new Units and Tactics are drawn from the five Galactic Decks in the Central Zone, the game's common play area. These draftable items include new Units and Tactics that the players can draft into their Empires, as well as Worlds that they can invade and conquer.
- Empire: Each player represents an Empire that begins with a Home World and a Starting set of Units and Tactics. A player's Empire consists of all of the cards in his hand, draw pile, discard pile, and Warzone (tableau).
- Fleet Strength: Each World possesses a Fleet Strength that represents the starships that defend it from attack. A World's Fleet Strength must be matched in order for that World to be successfully invaded. Many Units possess a Fleet Strength that a player can use to invade a World.
- Ground Strength: Each World possesses a Ground Strength that represents the infantry and other ground forces that defend it from surface assault. A World's Ground Strength must be matched in order for it to be successfully invaded. Many Units possess a Ground Strength that a player can use to invade a World.
- Invasion: In order to add new Worlds to his Empire, a player must launch Invasions. A player performs an Invasion by discarding enough units from his Warzone in combination with any tactics to match the Fleet Strength and Ground Strength of the World he is invading.
- Warzone: Each player's Empire includes a Warzone, an area in front of the player where her conquered Worlds are displayed. Players also deploy Units from their hands into their Warzones, and later use these Units to invade new Worlds.
Core Worlds Digital will allow for a new streamlined, interactive, and engaging cinematic experience for all users. Core Worlds Digital will include multiplayer support via Game Center, AI opponents, pass-and-play, tournament play, match play, in-game rewards and limited edition cards that will allow you to customize the look and feel of your empire. Experience the beautiful artwork of the original table top game, intuitive UI and an interactive 3D experience that brings the Core Worlds to life. Core Worlds Digital takes an "easy set up & play" approach that appeals to both avid and casual gamers!
Why not Kickstarter? We believe Kickstarter is the greatest social tool to providing incredible feedback and insight into what the market is looking for. We don't have investors, all development being done is for the love of the game. By raising development dollars through Kickstarter, we plan to go the extra mile by including new features & functionality that we wouldn't otherwise be able to fund.
Founded in 2007, BrokenMyth Studios is a digital design and custom application firm that is deeply rooted in gaming. As a developer of both corporate focused solutions, and gaming industry solutions, BrokenMyth has an excellent list of loyal clients that rely on them for leading them through the ever-evolving world of technology. BrokenMyth focuses on finding creative ways to solve challenges using gaming technology and strategy. Their passion lies within all things gaming. Thursdays are designated "game day" at the studio. Making every effort to stay fresh on what's hot, what works, and what's fun, we sit down as a team and play some of the latest and greatest games on the market. BrokenMyth Studios LLC is a Limited Liability Company formed in the State of New York, USA.
Stronghold Games LLC is a publisher of high-quality board and card games in the hobby game industry. Since 2009, Stronghold Games has released many highly-regarded games, including the best-selling “Survive: Escape From Atlantis!”, the most innovative deck-building game, “Core Worlds” and its expansion “Core Worlds: Galactic Orders”, and the latest smash-hit game line “Space Cadets” and “Space Cadets: Dice Duel”. Stronghold Games publishes great game designs developed both in-house and in partnership with European publishers.
Core Worlds introduces a vast empire and galaxy, we want to explore that universe as much as possible within the game. We are asking for $20,000 so we can include as much as possible within the initial launch of the game. The remaining amount will help us finish development with the extra sizzle and shine this game deserves.
The campaign goal
A Core Worlds Digital mini-expansion of approximately 12 cards will be free for Frontier Pioneer supporters or higher. (This will be at a later date following the initial release)
Core Worlds: Galactic Orders Digital expansion will be green lighted and will be free for supporters of the Industrial Tycoon level or higher. (This will be released at a later date following the initial release)
Core Worlds: Revolution Digital expansion will be green lighted and will be free for supporters of the Luxury Baron/Duke levels or higher. (This will be released at a later date following the initial release)
Special for Kickstarter we have a few add-on items, some exclusive to this campaign only! To receive these special add-ons simply add the corresponding amount to your pledge. Following the campaign we will ask your choice of t-shirt size (Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large).
- T-Shirts (Exclusive to Kickstarter) - $20.00 (+$10 shipping worldwide)
- Core Worlds (Base Game) - $31.50 (30% off of MRSP) (+$12 shipping to North America and Europe / +20 shipping to Australia and Asia)
- Core Worlds: Galactic Orders - $24.50 (30% off of MRSP)
(+$12 shipping to North America and Europe / +20 shipping to Australia and Asia)
- Core Worlds (Base Game) + Core Worlds: Galactic Orders - $56.00 (30% off of MSRP) (+$16 shipping to North America and Europe / +30 shipping to Australia and Asia)
- NEW! Core Worlds: Revolution - $21.00 (30% off of MRSP) (+$12 shipping to North America and Europe / +20 shipping to Australia and Asia)
NEW! Core Worlds: Galactic Orders + Core Worlds: Revolution - $45.50 (30% off of MSRP) (+$20 shipping to North America and Europe / +40 shipping to Australia and Asia)
NEW! Core Worlds (Base Game) + Core Worlds: Galactic Orders + Core Worlds: Revolution - $77.00 (30% off of MSRP) (+$20 shipping to North America and Europe / +40 shipping to Australia and Asia)
NEW! (10) brand new DIGITAL pre-game draft cards! (3 of these are KS exclusive, the other 7 may or may not be released at a future date) -$10
NEW! (10) brand new PHYSICAL pre-game draft cards! (All 10 of these are KS exclusive) -$10 + $1 shipping
Risks and challenges
Although we are passionate about traditional board games, as well as video games, we understand that replicating that "in-person" experience a board games allows for is a tall task. Fortunately the unified expertise that we have with Stronghold Games & BrokenMyth Studios will allow us to approach this project from all angles.
We believe that one of the most challenging aspect of development will be building an intuitive AI that allows for a challenging single player experience. But with your support and feedback, we're confident we will achieve our goals!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)