PSA: All About Add-Ons
Oh, yeah... that 400 count stack of printed sketch cards?
Yup, still available as an add-on. We mention this because:
1) It seems The Gathering brought a lot of new people to Kickstarter.
2) Some people seem to think that because the True Collector tier is sold out, so are the cards. That's not the case.
3) Some people aren't really sure what an add-on is or how to get one.
So, let's have a quick Beginner's Guide to Add-Ons!
What is an add-on?
An item that you can add to the pledge you have selected by simply adding the appropriate cost to your pledge total.
How do I purchase an add-on?
- If you've already pledged, the big green button at the top of the project page marked as "Back This Project" should now be a big blue button that reads "Manage Your Pledge". Click that button.
- Now, select your pledge total and manually add the cost of your chosen add-on to your current total.
- Click "Continue to the Next Step". Then, after you've checked your new total is correct, click "Confirm". You're done!
- A couple of weeks after the campaign is over, everyone receives a survey. Besides questions like asking for your mailing address, the survey will ask you to list what add-ons you purchased and this is where you would put the name of the items you've chosen.
That's it! No, it's not the most streamlined of processes but add-ons (and stretch goals) are things that have grown out of Kickstarter campaigns over the last couple of years. Kickstarter wasn't built with these additional elements in mind, and it may be awhile before Kickstarter adds some coded functionality to make these processes simpler.
So Kickstarter wasn't created with add-ons in mind? Are they going to allow these extra sales?
Absolutely. Hundreds of Kickstarter campaigns use add-ons.
So I can add anything I want to my pledge?
Not quite. Numbered collector's editions of The Gathering are very limited. We're not allowing anyone to order additional numbered collector's editions as add-ons.
Here's the current list of add-ons. As we're into the last week, we are lifting any purchase limit on these items. You may purchase as many as you wish -
* The Library Add-on is a special option where a softcover edition of The Gathering is mailed to a U.S. library of your choice. You will be asked for the library's address when you receive the survey. If the library's address isn't legit, your $25 will be refunded.