The Misfits: I like me, do you?
The Misfits: I like me, do you?
If you love stop motion, stuffed toys on a mission to do good and two twins attempting to solve a world of insecurities, check it out!
If you love stop motion, stuffed toys on a mission to do good and two twins attempting to solve a world of insecurities, check it out! Read more
About this project
Meet the misfits! An adorable family of characters who are on a mission to solve a world of insecurities. Impossible? We think not.
These dolls are all about embracing ourselves, for who we are, as we are. With a whole lot of empathy and a little bit of humor too, we can all learn to see the bright side of any of our not so favorite traits. This is the misfit mission.
Bigger than Cabbage Patch Kids? Literary Geniuses? It's hard to say, but we sure are passionate about this project.
We have been working on our little guys for several years and we're ready to get our misfits out into the world. We’ve done our research, we know the genre and our audience. We know that people see the value and importance of what we are doing. And we've received amazing feedback that our stories and dolls are having the positive effect that we hoped they would.
We also know that really great projects are often the result of an awesome collaboration. We love working together and our friends, family and colleagues have helped us get this far; but Kickstarter is the ultimate collaboration. With your help we can finally expand our handmade operation and share the misfits message "solving a world of insecurities, one felt doll at a time" with a much bigger audience.
So, in order to make a high-quality color printed book and a doll that is safe for all ages we need to raise $12,000 to cover the costs of: manufacturing, publishing, shipping and distribution - all these things really add up. Although we have been happy and fortunate to fund this dream so far, we have chosen Kickstarter to help make our project really come to life.
What are the stories like? I wanna look in a book! Here ya go.
Here are all of our 28 storybooks for you to choose from:
Below are snippets from some of our favorite stories, to give you an idea of our writing style and the format of our storybooks.
Woolley: The woolly man - myth
- Did you know that many people suffer from cold back? Not Woolley. He is one of the lucky ones because warmth he does not lack.
- And in the summer while cruising the street, Woolley knows best how to beat the heat, though not dressed, he still looks his best and fools the rest with his shaggy chest vest.
- So, if Mother Nature has knit you a sweater, Woolley hopes you are starting to see why your sweater is better!
Petite Pauline: Feel Small? Stand tall!
- Convinced that being petite is a cheat? Don't see how being naturally small is a treat? Well think again, my vertically challenged friend, it’s not the worst you always come first!
- In a group photo Pauline is easy to spot, she is brought front and center because tall she is not.
- Take it from Pauline who is technically small that petite has its plusses and she loves them all!
Broad Claude: YBFF: Your Big Framed Friend
- Meet our friend Claude who loves his broad bod. He is solid, stocky and strong and with his extra big heart he can never do wrong.
- From helping friends move to mending a broken heart, he’s the one they all turn to right from the start.
- Claude is a shoulder to cry on, dependable and true, without him his friends just wouldn’t know what to do.
- So you see it’s not just his brawn that his friends have come to rely; it’s his big heart and generosity that make Claude such a great guy.
There is also an entire page dedicated to you, where you get to write all of your reasons why you love that unique part of you.
Here is 7 year old Callie's list of reasons why she loves her bum (on the left) and our translation (on the right).
Here are some of the illustrations included in the 28 storybooks:
So, if you want to see a product in the world that promotes self-acceptance and individuality as well as empowering kids, young and old to be proud and happy of who they are, then please help kickstart our project. We really appreciate you taking the time to find out more about us and our misfits. Please contribute, if you can.
If you want to come along with us on the misfits adventure, we will be posting updates here:
Our Blog: http://ilikemedoyou.wordpress.com/
Our Website: www.misfitsbyusus.com
Here is a breakdown of which dolls we will be manufacturing, for each successful level of pledges we receive:
$12,000: If we reach this goal, we will be able to manufacture the first 6 members of our Misfit family: Frankie Four Eyes, Farty Marty, Broad Claude, Courageless Carson, Curly Connie and Petite Pauline.
$24,000: If we are fortunate enough to surpass our first goal and raise double this amount, we will be able to manufacture 6 more members of the family: Windy Cindy, Spotty Dotty, Frances Funbags, Mustache Mac, Timmy Toothtacular, and Brainy Lainey.
$36,000: Amazing! If we receive triple our initial asked for amount, we will be able to manufacture an additional 6 members of the family: LL Rule K, Monty Monobrow, Flatty Patty, Leggy Peggy, Woolley and Benny Big Ears.
$48,000: Mind Blowing! If we receive quadruple our initial asked for amount, we will be able to manufacture another 6 members of the family: Booty Bobby, Solo Sally, Megan Muffintop, No Rug Doug, Wilt Stilts and Small Saul.
$60,000: Phreakin' Phenomenal! If we receive five times our initial asked for amount, we will be able to manufacture another 6 members and complete the current family: Hilda Hips, Hairietta, Broad Maude, Holly Jolly, Bad Breath Seth, and Lance Can't Do Up His Pants.
Let's get to the GOOD STUFF and talk REWARDS!!!
Support this project
- (30 days)