Imagine controlling your favorite video games and devices with simple intuitive hand gestures. That time has arrived and the future is now. CaptoGlove is the world’s first wireless wearable motion controller for PC, Mobile and Smart Devices. Take control with nature’s perfect interface: your hand.
As a wearable motion controller for video games, CaptoGlove delivers a unique and immersive experience on a wide variety of platforms and genres including first person shooters, ﬂight sims, virtual reality, augmented reality, mobile games and more!
- Compatible with all past, present, and future PC games right out of the box
- Use intuitive hand gestures to replace keyboard, mouse, and peripheral functions
- Fully customize one or a pair of CaptoGloves to control a wide variety of different inputs
- Download pre-set configuration profiles for immediate use or create your personal one
- More immersive, improves response time and adds unparalleled realism
One CaptoGlove provides plenty of flexibility for most games. Generally, a right hand glove is preferred since it is the hand that controls the mouse for most players.
For some game types such as flight simulators, players may prefer a left glove if they already have a joystick in their right hand.
With a pair of CaptoGloves, players can leverage the use of both hands to obtain maximum flexibility. For example, in this DCS World 2 video, the player is using one hand to control the helicopter and the other to interact with cockpit switches.
Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Compatible with all existing VR headsets, including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, Google Cardboard and more
- Delivers new level of realism and immersion to VR & AR applications
- Supports use of additional ‘CaptoSensors’ for more advanced positional tracking of arms and hands
- CaptoGlove has been selected by HTC Vive for integration with the Vive Tracker delivering even more versatility to CaptoGlove!
- Compatible with all iOS & Android smartphones and tablets
- Works with any mobile game that supports a game pad
- Will also control non-gaming functions such as making phone calls, etc.
Under Development - Bluetooth Gaming Consoles
CaptoGlove is immediately usable because it connects directly to the hardware it is controlling. No extra devices needed. It connects wirelessly and interprets natural hand movements as control gestures for a true plug & play experience.
- Add-Ons: CaptoGlove requires no specifically developed contents and additional equipment such as cameras, tracking devices or expensive PC
- Connects to devices via Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 (BTLE 4.0)
- 3.7V Li-ion Polymer Battery delivers 10 hours of continuous gaming or use on a single charge via mini-USB cable
- Usable Everywhere: From the mall or the beach, to your desk or your living room, CaptoGlove can be used anywhere without the need for area preparation
CaptoGlove has been designed to be as open as possible, allowing for an almost limitless number of potential uses and platform compatibilities.
- Mobile device control
- Professional training
- Healthcare Rehabilitation
- Digital development – 3D modeling etc.
- Unmanned systems control
- Smart home devices
- Many more!
- Microsoft Windows 8-10 via BTLE connection
- Microsoft Windows 7 via non BTLE connection (Windows 7 do not support BTLE, Wi-Fi required)
- Microsoft Windows 7-8-10 via USB cable connection
- iOS & 4th Generation and above Apple TV via BTLE connection
- Android mobile devices via BTLE connection
- Android Smart TV consoles via BTLE connection (coming soon)
- BTLE gaming consoles (coming soon)
- BTLE Raspberry Pi (Linux Support)
CaptoGlove’s textile was developed in Italy with the world-renowned sports glove maker Reusch. The design and manufacturing of the glove ensures a comfortable fit and long-lasting performance.
- Premium quality sensors & electronics
- Fully washable by removing a single easy-access sensor
- Breathable fabric, adjustable wrist strap and easy fit wrist opening ensure maximum comfort
- Capacitive thumb and index fingertips for an easy interaction with capacitive screens
- Easy undress rings add durability by providing stress-free removal
Global Trade Shows
It’s been said that necessity is the mother of invention, and CaptoGlove is no exception. In 2011 our inventor’s father suffered a stroke and lost the use of several body’s part.
After studying an advanced recovery method called “Motor Re-learning” in which movements such as bending and pushing were measured using “dumb objects”, the concept for CaptoGlove was born. He then created the first prototype of a glove fitted with sensors that connected to a PC, which provided a new quantifiable way to measure the recovery process.
CaptoGlove rapidly enhanced his training sessions and the rehabilitation was a huge success.
Enter Kickstarter! Over 5 years of relentless hard work and progress has led us to this moment. With your help, we can further push the boundaries of CaptoGlove and fund new features and capabilities.
By getting the Captoglove months before retail consumers, you can help shape future development by providing real-world feedback. We saw this first hand at the CES and GDC trade shows as others instantly imagined new uses: “teaching sign language”, “creating a virtual keyboard”, “learning to play the piano”, “game controls for the handicapped”, “3D image control” – the list goes on and on!
Our backers will have the possibility to exchange their configuration of CaptoGlove and benefit from others’ configurations and usage on a specific Capto cloud. A community of users will exchange best practice, lead new features to be implemented and shape development.
Through our free proprietary software applications, CaptoGlove is 100% customizable supporting a wide variety of inputs/gestures. That's even more if you wear a pair! It’s plug & play design and user-friendly setup will ensure you are up and running in a matter of minutes.
- Windows PC compatible
- iOS & Android Apps (to be released between July & September)
- SDKs (to be released between July & September) for independent development on Unity3D (Version 5+), Unreal Engine (Version 4), iOS framework (iOS 8.0), Android framework (Android 4.3, API level 18), Windows C# and Windows C++ library (Windows 8.1)
Engineered for simplicity, CaptoGlove comes with preprogramed, customizable algorithms and a powerful GUI that makes setup simple and easy, in just a few basic steps:
1. Install preferred software (PC, iOS, Android)
2. Connect CaptoGlove via Bluetooth
3. Import downloaded configuration profile, or create a custom one
4. Run calibration
5. Activate CaptoGlove with one-touch start/stop
6. Take Control
CaptoGlove is made by an extremely advanced Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) with 10 Degrees of Freedom (10DoF).
Powered by a 3.7V Li-ion Polymer Battery and connected to a flexible and reliable sensors suite for finger bending positioning.
CaptoGlove can be coupled to additional CaptoSensor to provide an advanced dead reckoning positional tracking, therefore obtaining 10DoF+10DoF capability (20DoF). CaptoSensor can be extracted from the CaptoGlove endoskeleton or purchased separately as a single sensor.
Depending upon the reward tier selected, our backers will receive the following:
- One CaptoGlove or Pair of CaptoGloves (left & right)
- Exclusive transport travel case – all tiers
- Mini USB charging cable – all tiers
- Two additional CaptoSensors – Kickstarter Exclusive tier only
KickStarter backer will have the opportunity to receive in their hands the KickStarter CaptoGlove Suite (2 CaptoGlove + 2 CaptoSensor), months ahead compared to retail customers.
CaptoSensor will enable perception of arm’s movement on additional axis in order to obtain an advanced dead reckoning positional tracking for specific applications (for instance, when a distant object should be seized with the hand). CaptoSensor can be installed on any part of the body.
We will ship to backers in any country. We have worked very hard to keep shipping costs as low as possible, but you will be responsible for any additional duties, tariffs, taxes or fees that arise from your country of origin.
- May for One CaptoGlove Super Early Bird & Early Birds. Note: Due to manufacturing constraints, only orders for right-hand CaptoGlove in size Large will be received in May. All other CaptoGloves in these tiers will be received in June.
- June for One CaptoGlove Basic Bird (Medium right and Large-Medium Left CaptoGlove), CaptoGlove Pair Super Early Bird and CaptoGlove Pair Early Bird.
- September for Kickstarter Exclusive Suite.
- Delivery could be delayed in some cases if quantities are exceeded.
CaptoGlove can be used as either a left or right single unit, or together as a pair. Use the chart below to determine the best size for you. Please consider that CaptoGlove’s textile is very elastic and therefore offers flexibility. When the Kickstarter campaign ends, we will reach out to you for your choice in hand & size. The most common sizing requested is Large Right.
CaptoGlove comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
If you have questions, you can reach us at email@example.com.
Why Order Now?
By ordering now you will:
- Get exceptional discounts that won’t be offered again
- Receive CaptoGlove months ahead of retail customers
- Be part of our development brainstorming process
- Help shape the future of CaptoGlove
We can’t do it without you!
Please support us by sharing CaptoGlove to your friends, families and followers on social media.
Risks and challenges
CaptoGlove has been under development for over 5 years by a tremendous team of diverse professionals including: Virtual Reality Experts, IT Developers, Hardware Engineers, Senior Executives, and Operations Managers. This collective expertise has built a reliable product and company.
We have planned and procured production agreements from component suppliers to manufacturers (Reusch for instance). Software is inherently trickier. A single bug can wreak havoc on even a stable library and cause disruption. It is for this reason that we have spent a great deal of extra time and resources minimizing these risks.
By leveraging research, we have been able to create comprehensive manufacturing plan for the proper roll-out of CaptoGloves needed in left/right and large or medium sizes. However, delivery for some may be delayed if those estimates are exceeded by great numbers.
We won't promise you amazing discounts or features that are only possible in fantasy.
Lastly, as previously stated, due to manufacturing constraints, only right-hand in size Large will be received by One CaptoGlove Super Early Bird & Early Bird backers in May. All other orders in these tiers will be received in June.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)