Show of Force is a 2-6 player competitive card game for players of all experience levels. It mixes the fun-for-everyone aspect of a party game with the strategic gameplay of a trading card game. You are at war! As commander, your goal is to destroy your enemies. There are 5 card types in your arsenal to help you achieve victory. Show of Force plays quickly by only letting players draw 1 card & play 1 card per turn. Show of Force can be played Free-for-All or as Teams, allowing for plenty of variety from a single deck of cards.
Sample Gameplay Video
There are 5 Card Types and 58 unique cards, making for unique experiences every time you play. Card types are marked and color-coded for easy recognition.
- Attack Cards (red)- Used to do Damage.
- Benefit Cards (green)- Used to gain or steal HP.
- Utility Cards (purple)- Cards with unique actions to gain an advantage over opponents.
- Instant Cards (blue)- Can be played anytime and used offensively, defensively, or for combos with other card types.
- Event Cards (orange)- Event Cards are scattered randomly throughout the Main Deck to simulate the constant change of battle. They can cause shifts in gameplay for better or worse.
GAME SETUP is quick and easy. The Setup Chart is used to know the starting amounts of Health Points, Starting Cards, and Event Cards based on the amount of Players.
- 1) Start each Player with 10-20* HP.
- 2) Remove all Event Cards from the Main Deck.
- 3) Shuffle the Main Deck and deal 4-5* Starting Cards to each Player.
- 4) Shuffle and randomly pull out 6-8* of the 12 Event Cards. Then shuffle them into the Main Deck. The rest of are removed from the game and not revealed to any Player. (Not knowing what Events could happen next is part of the fun!)
- 5) Place the Main Deck face down in-between all Players and start the game.
*Amount specified in the Setup Chart
- Tuck Box
- The Companion Health Tracking App
- 1 Deck of 88 cards
- (12 Event Cards, 10 Instant Cards, 38 Attack Cards, 10 Benefit Cards, and 18 Utility Cards)
Health Tracking and Our App
You can track Health Points however you want, but we found using a health tracking app was best. This way gameplay is never stalled by constantly changing HP. It’s also much more fun having an electronic scoreboard and being able to physically click an opponents life away.
Wanting everyone to have the best experience, we decided to design and build a Health Tracking App specifically for Show of Force. We built a fully functioning app that shows & simplifies the game setup and maximizes the fun. The plan is to make it available on all major application stores. We hope to also make it available on our website for access anytime from any device.
- Quick and Easy to Navigate: Ready to play in 3 clicks!
- Customizable player names and team names
- Settings: Day mode, Timer, and Sound on/off.
- Extras: Randomly decides who starts, roll 6 sided dice, and flip a coin.
- Built in rules and website links.
We have decided to manufacture the game in the US. This makes the game more costly to make, but it's well worth it. There will be no sacrifice in materials either. The cards will be manufactured on quality black core card stock with nice snap back, so you wont have to be gentle while shuffling or concerned about players bending the cards.
Shipping and Sales
We are doing US sales and shipping only. We are currently only doing US shipping and sales.
- May 2019 - Campaign Ends
- June 2019- Design Finalized
- July-August 2019 - Manufacturing
- September 2019- Games shipped to backers and App available in app stores.
Who Are We?
My name is Chris Dufresne. I am the creator of Show of Force. It has been years in the making and I couldn't be happier with what it has become. I started with an idea, which quickly blossomed into cut out sheets of paper, to eventually a printed prototype used in the pictures above. I say we because I would not have gotten this far without my wife, family, and friends supporting me every single step of the way. Through every rewrite, new idea, and tweak they have supported my vision and they will be here to support this campaign until the end.
The Perfect Artist
The sole artist for my game is Andre Arriola. He took a few jumbled sentences on what I was looking for and turned it into the better than I could have imagine art I have now. Where I lack in artistic ability he makes up for and then some.
Risks and challenges
Production for Show of Force has been in the making for over two years. Manufacturing, shipping, and the future of the brand has been well thought out and planned. But like all things issues do arise. There are multiple contingencies in place to deal with any issues in manufacturing and shipping, with our backers in mind.
As this is our first campaign, we have decided to keep things small to minimize any issues. So there are limited rewards and stretch goals are for quality improvements and game additions.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)