The World Rescue Board Game
Portraying the outcome of global warming, this game's objective is to lead everyone to the last sanctuary before the icebergs melt.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, October 31 2018 5:50 AM UTC +00:00.
The Game setup :
- Players will retrieve iceberg-shaped ice cubes from the provided iceberg-shaped ice trays in their freezers;
- Place the ice cubes at the “South Pole” and “North Pole” of the game board;
- Place yellow chess pieces (which represent humans) on the “land” sections of the game board;
- Six chess pieces should be placed at each of the continents, namely South America, North America, Australia, Asia, Africa, Europe and Antarctica;
- Fill the red bowl with water and place the bowl aside the game board;
- The game officially starts
- In around 20 minutes (at a room temperature of 22-26 degrees Celsius), the ice cubes should have completely melted away, indicating the end of the game;
- The game also ends when all yellow chess pieces have been removed from the game board;
- Each player will count the number of yellow chess pieces on-hand, and subtract this by the number of “lost” chess pieces. The player with the highest score wins!
Our development :
VIU TV programme ( HK ) ! Cantonese only :
#ViuTV #區區有落 ( start from 11:37 )
The Time Line :
Risks and challenges
We will further examine and optimise the shape of the game board to ensure that the structural design of the game board is able to hold and contain water. The final product will require modification, but we will do our best to prevent the appearance from deviating from the original design. The silicone cups which can be used for pouring water onto the game board will also be touched up.
The shipping charge is priced fairly as shipment will be by air!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter