Take a tour of the cast and crew of our film!
We've been happy to cast the wonderful Shaden for the lead role as Emme. Shaden is a promising actress whose talent contains a magnetic force that rivals Magneto when she's in front of a camera. Her compassion, sincerity, and divine temperament has made her an obvious choice. Shaden is sewn from the finest silks of powerhouse material!
A natural talent and natural beauty, Margaret plays a pertinent role in our film. Her effortless grace magnifies on screen, her determination and dedication to her role in The Devil Soon Come is a contributing factor of what makes our film unique and great.
Our crew is wonderfully diverse as it is talented. We have:
- 1. We have a fantastic Cinematographer in New Jersey native, Kevin Martin. His knowledge and love for the camera is incomparable. He is a one of a kind talent behind the camera and it shows in all of his work.
- 2. Long Island's very own, Lorraine Hartnett, sits in as our Supervising Producer. A true veteran Mrs.Hartnett has been in the business since she was 16 years old assisting on sets as big as Primal Fear as well as indie productions such as La Vida Blanca.
3. Brianna Rohlehr is our ingenious Filmographer who is responsible for all of our behind the scenes-scenes. Not only will she be taking Stills for our Photo Journal(see rewards), she'll be shooting "The Making of The Devil Soon Come," for our Patrons!
- 4. Zane Pappas stands in as our A.D. He brings an insurmountable amount of enthusiasm and motivation to our production along with his many credits and resourceful skill set.
- 5. Courtney Rosefield, assists those in high places to ensure that we have the best production and crew on board to provide the best results for the production of The Devil Soon Come.
The Devil Soon Come is a cinematic and unique cautionary tale about evil and how it can easily travel to one’s doorstep. When the film opens we are introduced to our lead character, Emme. Emme has recently fled her hometown with the full intent on protecting her youngest child, Anne from a foreboding fate. Due to a lack of resources and finances, Emme is forced to seek shelter at the home of her distant Mother in Law, Mary.
While her attempts to scrounge up food and money prove somewhat futile, Emme grows increasingly anxious. Convinced that the Devil will catch up to her and her daughter, Emme's paranoia aggressively amplifies with her behavior becoming dangerously erratic.
Emme's distress adds continuous tension to an already strained relationship with her Mother-in-Law, Mary. As Mary witnesses Emme's mental state deteriorate she comes to the conclusion that the only individual that her granddaughter should be fearful of is Emme.
Emme warns Mary that all is not what it seems, however, this warning only adds to Mary's concerns in regards to Emme's mental health. As tensions in the home come to a raging climax so comes the ring of a doorbell and a menacing unknown visitor.
Our film takes place on the dreamy outskirts of New York City in a little town in upstate New York. Here are a few images of the picturesque mansion that we are filming in and not to mention, very special patrons will have the opportunity to visit us here and some will even have the opportunity to spend the night!
Why We need You?
Your patronage will be an endless blessing to the cast and crew of The Devil Soon Come-- not only will we be able to make our short, it will be the jump-start to many careers of several talented and undiscovered individuals. In addition, you will be funding a project that employs women and minorities in lead roles and positions on a production.
We have countless incredible rewards for our donors including a glass engraved Coffee Mug, Macaron boxes of different sizes, behind the scenes access, and major collector's items such as our Special Edition Comic book illustrated by David Romero, the very illustrator behind our campaign! Below is the flavor guide for those of you who'd like to indulge in the sweeter side of our campaign.
Risks and challenges
There are several risks and challenges that every production faces. However, if our campaign could speak for us it would tell you how dedicated our entire team is.
Our biggest issue is the film aspect of The Devil Soon Come. We've arranged several different ways to attain film so that we bring you a visual piece of art. We've contacted countless film and equipment stores and processing labs so that we will complete production. We also plan to place insurance on the production so that if any financial issues arise we can still complete our film and fulfill our promises.
- (53 days)