Take a ship and 100 credits to make money legally or illegally - trade, bounty-hunt, pirate, assassinate your way across the galaxy. Read more
This project was successfully funded on January 4, 2013.
Update #19 - New Pledge Tiers
Michael here with today's update. As I write this our pledge total is just over £875,000 and we have 17,266 backers. A huge thank you to everyone who has pledged and welcome to our new backers.
Today's update brings a range of new pledge reward tiers. These are all (except one) based on your starting ship and location. The tiers should be self explanatory, but feel free to ask me any questions in the Kickstarter comments, or by direct message if you're feeling shy.
Here are the new pledge tiers:
- (-) Default: Start in a safe Federal core system with a Sidewinder ship, single pulse laser and 100 CR (randomised start system choice for multiplayer reasons)**
- £32 Imperial Bounty Hunter: Have the option to start in an Imperial Colony with an Imperial Eagle Mk II Fighter with upgraded weapons and shields and 1,000 CR (randomised start system choice for multiplayer reasons)** plus all rewards above.
- £37 Federal Trader: Have the option to start in a Federal border system with a basic Cobra Mk III loaded with cargo worth 1,000 CR and 1,000 CR in cash.(randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons)** plus all rewards above.
- £42 Pirate: Have the option to start in an anarchic Frontier system with a stolen but upgraded Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR.(randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons)** plus all rewards above.
- £55 Independent Trader: Have the option to start in the Lave system with a basic Cobra Mk III and only 100 CR** plus all rewards above.
- £70 Explorer: Have the option to start on the edge of explored space with a long range version of the Cobra Mk III and 3,000 CR (randomised system choice for multiplayer reasons)** plus all rewards above.
- £85 Kickstarter Special: Have the option to start in the founder's world with any starter ship and 4,000 CR. Note: any Kickstarter decal-carrier will be able to travel to this secret system in gameplay** plus all rewards above.
** exact ship details to be carefully tuned during the beta tests.
There is also a new premium pledge tier, only one is available:
£5000 Name the secret founder's system*. This includes all the benefits of the £3,000 pledge tier.
Here is a new piece of concept art, some of you will no doubt recognise the image.The difference for this new version is that it has taken the original image and been changed to represent the art target for this piece. We don't do this with all concept art, but it helps to define shaders, textures and geometry and so forth with the final version.
The various Elite: Dangerous novels provide a significant part of the Kickstarter funding and there are still some novels which haven't reached their funding yet. Today we feature "And here the wheel" by John Harper, check out his project with the link below:
So once again, thank you everyone for your support thus far. We're not there yet, but we will make it. Please make sure to keep spreading the word. Tweet, blog, email, phone or any method you can think of to let people know.
We have to make this game and with your help we'll make this happen.