Use this space to cheer the creator along, ask questions, and talk to your fellow backers. Please remember to be respectful and considerate. Thanks!
no problem i make mistakes all the time ^^
regarding the changelog, that just shows the scope of that they are doing really. i never had issues with chat (voice is another issue) and FPS drop or stutter in game at any time.
nut such is the issue with pc/network that there are just too many configurations. good thing is so, there 1.4 upgarde has got quite a few of the stutter/fps drop players very happy
most quotes are along the lines of "Way smoother graphics and framerate (asteroid fields, inside stations etc) - any stutter all but gone"
but read for yourself https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php…
@deusx_ophc - Oops. I made a mistake. I have no problem admitting that I made a mistake.
@theta sigma - maybe you should arrange with the shareholders to defend it against any and all criticism? Don't forget to object to all facts that don't paint a rosy picture as well. Remember how you had no objection to using the backer figures on LSE, but we used them it suddenly became objectionable?
You haven't posted on the LSE share chat in almost 3 weeks. Is that because you cashed out after the recent small spike?
Your first post as SyntheticGenetic on LSE was on the 14th of March 2014, at that time the share price was 226.
Your last post was on the 17th of September, at that time the share price was 200.
The all time high in this period was 307.5 on the 27 of Mar 2014 (prior to release), the all time low was 193.5 on the 18th of September 2015 (post release).
Assuming you bought in on the day of your first post, your real growth at the peak would have been 36.062% in only 13 days. You must have been over the moon. That is an annual growth over 1000%. Jackpot!
However, your real decay at the bottom would have been 14.381% after 553 days. Oops.
On the day of your last post (17 September) it was at 200. 11.5% lower than the day of your first post, 552 days later.
Since then it's clawed it's way back to 226.5, .5 higher than it was 571 days earlier. Surely this is a cause for celebration?
If you haven't cashed out yet, at least you can do so now and you'll only be out the trading costs and the interest that you could have made had you put it into the bank.
@deux_ophc regarding your massive posts of fixes. Have they fixed the supercruise or chat yet? Or is the list of bugs so long that they haven't gotten around to that in almost a year? see https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/comments…
Lest we forget.
At this point I'd settle for a sincere apology. That's all. A simple "We screwed up and can't deliver. We're sorry." Just like the apology I would give in my private or professional life, had I promised something then failed to come up with the goods.
One of those.
I'm not even bothered about a partial refund any more, despite what I said a few days ago about a refund being a nice gesture if and when the whole thing is officially abandoned. I just want it concluded. I'm fed up with the uncertainty. A sincere apology accompanying an absolute and official "It's over" would achieve that for me, although I appreciate that for others it could merely precipitate another round of forum combat. Because internet.
But I'm not holding my breath. Frontier are notoriously bad at certain forms of communication, and the sincere apology tops that list.
Didn't take long for players to discover that FD has yet again degraded the game with this latest "upgrade".
AGAIN nerfed graphics making the Xbox version look less bad
Downgraded to Full Game
I'm about 2 hours in and so far this so called upgrade to full game really feels like a downgrade.. I don't know if I'm the only one having issues, but before the full game got out I could fill up my cargo hold in around 1 hour by picking up contracts, 2 hours at the most during really busy hours. That included 10, 15 contracts and 50T to 100T worth of alliance deliveries.
So far, after 2 hours of looking around and around 200+ly of travel I still haven't found a single Trade contract.. I found at least 100 Donations tho but why give away money if you can't make any.
Now I'm pretty much wasting my time trading gold.. making a poor 500k every 20 or so jump.. I really need to find a better Alternative, I'm almost at Elite trading rank but at this rate it's going to take me over two week to finish off Tycoon. I really want that Elite rank so I can buy my Anaconda at 10% discount.. Already have around 250 Millions saved up for it.
What are you guys thinking about this new patch?
I've got a bug report open regarding BB Mission listings and the lack of decent paying ones, and a total lack of the new mission types.
ohhh where is that picture again ^^
Careful. Quadruple posts will likely incur the wrath of the netiquette dark knight %^]
and just out of curiosity. if i wanted to discuss a bug with you in person. would you be able to actually talk about first hand experience of just heresay?
upload of the live stream earlier tonight - part two
*** there is a break between each session of a few minutes, as per usual in live stream of this kind (just saying if you are not used to these *waves @os*) ***
upload for them live stream earlier tonight - part one
just making up lies now, lies that is.
1) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php… that thread is open for anyone to post in
2) the live you tube stream was watched by a few thousand people live. yes, severs were delayed about an hour odd on a major patch day...did you ever play any online mmo?
Anyone else (try to) watch the shambolic FD launch livestream program today?
Loved the bit where they couldn't play Elite Dangerous ... because the game servers are down. AGAIN. So they just walk away and leave the audience watching a dead page, as if the big launch had never even been announced.
"@TS "but for now it seems that FDEV are doing first things first" "
Yeah, that was actually a comment made by deusx_ophc. If you are unable to attribute the correct comment to the correct person mere hours following the comment being made, what hope is there that you perform insightful analysis into Frontier and "promises" and statements made by them many months and years ago? %^]
(yes, this is an ironic ad hominem, but there's a serious point being made there, too)
@do "just reposted today's changelog. maybe this gives an idea about the amount of work FDEV are doing."
What it does is gives us an idea of the amount of bugs they put into the game.
Now if they would including in the changelog all the NEW bugs they put into the game each time they try to fix the existing ones, that would be useful. A step towards fixing the three previous and still big-riddled updates, Communuty Goals, Wings and PowerPlay.
@Wyzak "Topic: Is it healthy to lock any contrary discussion in a forum? " Desperate move from a desperate company running out of options to silence complaints about the dire state of the game.
@TS "but for now it seems that FDEV are doing first things first"
Theey are not doing first things at all, when it comes to delivering the game they promised years ago and fixinf the cr*p they shipped over the last 10 months.
Looks like there's trouble in paradise:
"The Escapist, notwithstanding Cloud Imperium Games' notice and posting, stands by its coverage of Star Citizen and intends to continue to investigate the developing story. Since publishing our original stories, we have been contacted by, and are currently interviewing, additional sources corroborating a variety of the reported allegations. Additionally, if Mr. Roberts' offer for The Escapist to "meet the developers making the game and see how we're building one of the most ambitious PC games first hand" remains open, we take the opportunity to accept such invitation so as to hopefully provide the public with sufficient information and opportunity to vet such sources' allegations and claims for themselves. We have also communicated the foregoing directly to Cloud Imperium Games."
suppory = support
"Ja! Oder Deutsch vielleicht" %^]
"if you cannot handle the truth, give up mayhaps?"
Sadly, Wyzak & Oldschool will _never_ give up their crusade of negativity. Their egos simply won't permit it. They were (and are) objectively wrong about the suppory for offline-support, but will never be able to admit nor accept this to be the case.
Even when Elite 'The Movie'* is released, they will still be posting their vitriol dating back to the offline-decision.
*yep, I'm calling it now, the franchise will expand into celluloid (...well, 4K/8K digital :)
and another ama over at reddit
more news from the community guys at FDEV:
Join the Elite in the $100,000 CQC Tournament
We’re delighted to announce that today we see the full launch of Elite Dangerous on Xbox One!
Elite Dangerous has been the first game to come through the Xbox Game Preview Program (GPP) and we’re truly delighted with the response we’ve seen from the community during that time. Remember if you did purchase the game on the GPP then check out this thread which will tell you about what to expect as your account transitions into the full version of the game.
To celebrate this exciting news we’re holding an AMA on the Xbox One Subreddit between 12pm – 3pm BST/7am-10am Eastern. Then, after that, we’ve got Community Manager Ed Lewis bringing you an amazing 4 hour marathon livestream. David Braben will be kicking off the proceedings at 4pm BST/11am Eastern and will then be followed by a fleet of special guests throughout the evening. You can tune in to the stream by checking out our YouTube channel.
We’re also very pleased to announce our first competitive Close Quarter Combat Tournament. This will be open to all PC, Mac, and Xbox Elite: Dangerous players so get practicing! We’ll be running qualifying periods each month where players will be competing for a chance win a free trip to the live final in the UK, covering all flights (where necessary) and accommodation. The total prize budget, including cash prizes, flights and accommodation for qualifying winners will be over a staggering $100,000 USD.
The live final will have a cash prize pot of $15,000 USD!
We will be releasing full details on the tournament and how to enter in the coming weeks so keep your eyes peeled on the community site and we hope you can join us for the AMA and livestream.
Naturally, we _all_ realise and fully accept that Wyzak & Oldschool are entrepreneurial geniuses who would have made infinitely better design and business decisions than Braben, Neil Armstrong, Frontier et al.
Still, that said, Frontier aren't doing too badly and I'm sure will be watching how the latest Cloud Imperium/The Escapist outrage pans out.
$90 mil. (and counting...) with a 2017 v1.0 release* vs. £1.5 mil. and an incremental release schedule.
*didn't the original Kickstarter state 2014? One can only imagine the vitriol in these comments if E:D hadn't launched in Dec 2014
There was already much angst and aspersions being cast by "biglittle456" when the E:D March 2014 release didn't happen...
well there is no pleasing everybody. but for now it seems that FDEV are doing first things first. it is still unreal trying to understand the scope of the game. they are afterall coding another milkyway...
i have played the game since day 1 of alpha. the amount of changes and improvements and the speed at which they are deployed? i have experienced another developer acting this fast & precise.
obviously @wyzak and @os are able to better this. i am sure they do these type of things very successfully in their daily endeavours ^^
FDEV SP: 226.50
Last purchase price: 229.5p
and that is exactly what you and @os do - post crap. the thread you complain about being locked is and has always been open. i just posted in it ^^
if you cannot handle the truth, give up mayhaps?
Topic: Is it healthy to lock any contrary discussion in a forum? Is it better to let the players that are unhappy with parts of a game or the decisions and statements made by the development team that are contrary to what they have said in the past, say so? Or is it better to lock any discussion that does not imply the game is wonderful and the company can do no wrong?
And it's locked.
If you can't handle the truth, just lock it.
Thanks for posting. Insane changelog.
I suspect, however, that this will still be woefully insufficient for certain others because [insert minor-perceived-to-be-major issue here] hasn't been explicitly addressed.
Interesting to note the number of references to comms/networking (and uPNP in 1.4 upgrade/faq doc)
Expected rant about uPNP incoming...
just reposted today's changelog. maybe this gives an idea about the amount of work FDEV are doing.
- Improved CQC forcefield to stop it getting very loud if you park next to it.
- Fix to Hauler HP Doors.
- Various fixes to make impacts on self more audible.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes mute shots from the multicannon.
- Fixed multi-cannons firing in an uneven rhythm.
- Fixed sound cuts when going between galaxy map and power play menu.
- Fixed galaxy map bg music playing in power-play view mode.
- Fixed missing sound on Small gimballed Cannon.
- Fixed missing reload on Enforcer Cannon.
- Fixed a bug where firing weapons of one type could duck the sound of weapons fire from another type, making weapons fire inaudible with multiple hard-points active.
- Fixed a clipping issues on explosions and re-enabled a missing sub-bass layer. (ps. boom!)
- Fixed an audio loop that was clicking in the GalaxyMap view.
- Fixed a very loud element when using navipane's.
- Fixed a problem with the docking computer glitching in the forcefield, getting very loud.
- Fixed missing DiamondBack landing gear sounds.
- Fixed ship voice going inaudible in galaxy map.
- Fixed issue where silent running in stations could result in a massive sound buildup.
- Fixed issue with toxic waste canisters.
- Fixed several sounds not being audible on the mac build.
- Fixed a bug that quiets shield impacts when hull strength is high.
- Fixed missing audio on shieldcell bank.
- Fixed Multicannon firing sounds still audible when cannons run out of ammo.
- Many mix improvements
- Several fixes to speed detection during collisions, so that they are much more audible when they happen.
- Fixed pitch curves on friction so it doesn't go mental on metal ... did same for rocks and ice although that doesn't rhyme.
- Made the pulse laser sounds more consistent and scale better across small, medium, large.. thanks to CMD Mephane for reporting!
- Fixed diamondback clicks.
- Fixed missing exploration completed sound.
- Fixed a clicking loop in the Empire Courier.
- Fixed click in PowerHub loop.
- Fixed sounds in GUI hard panned to the right.
- Fixed odd behaviour when middle mouse wheel scrolling with mouse pointer highlighting items.
- Lowered volume of the loud "incoming player chat-message" to accommodate densely populated areas with lots of chat traffic.
- Fixed problem with guns on larger ships (ie anything bigger than a cobra) sounding narrow and weak, should also fix all instances of guns behind the cockpit
- Fix math error when normalising audio
- Fix some missing collision mesh in Asteria Point
- Fix the hyperspace effect Sounding weak.
- Removed excessive engine ducking when passing forcefields.
- Removed double dampening on music track when explosions happen.
- Fixed missing star sounds when zooming in galaxy map.
- Strange audio issues if you enter the Galactic Powers or System Map while the overheat warning buzzer is playing fixed
- Very loud in-game error sound effect when accessing Galaxy Map and when entering or exiting Galactic Powers Menu fixed
- Announcer welcomes players to "Close quarters championship" fixed
- Many code and wwise side optimisations to further combat glitches, gaps and crackly sounds.
- Landing pads use less resources.
- Stellar ambiences muted inside stations to reduce load on wwise.
- Various station optimisations.
- Pre-filter and mix various source sounds to save CPU.
- Added a dynamic priority system to reduce voice count in busy scenes. If you find instances where sounds that should be audible are muted, please let us know?
- Added a soundbank manager to efficiently and dynamically manage memory usage and soundbank loading/unloading.
- More efficient structuring of self ship sounds in Supercruise, resulting in less audio memory used in supercruise.
- Cockpit fires and sparks use less resources and sound better.
- Fixed potentially many ambient audio streams playing in the system map, hogging memory.
- Optimisations to fuel scooping and Heat External.
- Fix crash on startup when retrieving user data
- Fix crash on shutdown
- Fix some incorrect galaxy data causing failed or unexpected Hyperspace jumps
- Fix some Login Failure errors for Commanders with recent Beta access
- Poll the webserver for lobby details every minute in case we've dropped game details from a request to enter matchmaking
- Added inbox message warning the player that a powerplay cycle is due
- Fix the occasional ~10s black screen after selecting CQC in the main menu
- Add a transition so that Oculus Death Cam can transition back to Cockpit Cam (and out to Oculus Cockpit Cam).
- Don't crash when we try to eject all cargo and we either: have no cargo hatch, or the cargo hatch is shutting down
- Fix audio crash in Powerplay GUI
- Fix an index error in matchmaking
- Speculative fix for Re-fuel limpet rapidly damaged hull and destroyed ship
Server Side Changes:
- Many PC/Mac CQC Matchmaking fixes and refinements
- Fix some display issues with the new Cockpit Stats
- Fix faction economic states not being always being superseded by conflict states
- Ensure that both factions always get the message when they're supposed to be fighting in a conflict zone
- Fix the CQC starsystem permit not always being issued correctly
- Various stability and server performance improvements
- Tidy up faction data caches for all factions, not just the final
- Share the star system daily digest data between all web servers to try to avoid caching issues
- Various server side matchmaking fixes
- Check for timestamps on incoming CQC Updates - we can discard any messages received out of order
- Put more awesome into space.
- CQC Rogue spawn point is no longer hiding in an asteroid
- Add'restore defaults' button on the Graphics and Audio menus
- Improve abandon branch rewards for massacre missions
- Replace (non breakable space html) by unicode value when generating loc files
- Updated the minor faction state durations to give a much more dynamic galaxy
- Audio optimisations to tackle clicks and dropouts
- Show rank and stats on player stat cards when inviting them or looking in the lobby
- Closing the Pause Menu's Help screen after focusing on UI panels reverts to incorrect focus fixed
- The matchmaking lobby will now also has the id of the squad a player is in, it can use this to try and make sure squad members end up on the same team
- The account linking interface will not display the virtual keyboard if the field is accessed with a physical keyboard
- Make sure we correctly award score for actions in capture the flag
- Network fix for wings not working in private groups on a shared router
- If a user tries to load into a CQC game that has ended then stop the loading and go back to the menu and wait for the next match to begin
- Don't auto-decline wing invites while permissions are being fetched
- Fix a rare bug where a station could be destroyed and recreated while hyperspacing or supercruising away form the station
- Show aloading screen (with spinning ship) when changing ships at the shipyard
- Fix for DiamondBack Scout missing all unique audio on Xbox One and OSX
- Disallow wing invites to friends whose online status is in CQC
- Destroying an NPC's power plant, and them not exploding, results in the AI continuing to fight like normal fixed
- CQC: Moved a number of in-map asteroids that were clipping through 'background' asteroids when rotating
- Show gamertag/commander name of current player in the Clear Save button
- OSX: fix for mouse cursor remaining on-screen after attempting to use [Cmd]+[Shift]+4 to take a screenshot in flight
- Improvements to matchmaking QoS failure handling, to prevent it from appearing stuck to the player
- CQC: Added a confirmation dialog box when quitting out of matchmaking
- Updated the minor faction state warmups, durations and cooldowns to give a much more dynamic galaxy
- Retune influence and faction state bucket values from all player actions
- Allow fortify and undermine actions for turmoil systems
- Correctly handle losing turmoil systems to revolt if the power in turmoil nearly expanded their way out of turmoil only to be undermined back into it again
- Fix an inconsistency between the powerplay CC balances displayed to the players and used internally by the servers in the turn when a Power has just emerged from Turmoil
- You cannot open the galaxy map from a mission contract when using headlook mode fixed
- Dont open uneeded talk channels in the CQC menu, this should reduce some spam in the comms panel
- Make sure configurable buttons and toggles wait for the presets to be loaded before they start, this fixes an issue of some bindings not working when starting the game until you go into the controls binding menu
- Fixed an issue with the control presets not being sorted when they are first loaded, this caused your control scheme to change when going into the controls menu and then backing out of it without applying changes
- In a deathmatch game, when the lobby is about to start sure the player as blue and everyone else as red
- Improve behaviour when experiencing disconnection on the CQC menu
- Fixed an incorrect TDM spawn on Cluster Compound
- CQC: Fix for fast charge shields taking longer to recharge than the default shields
- Further fix for IP4/Nat issues: do not change the "ConnectWith" decision during constructor or SyncArrived, if a decision to connect via Lan has already been made
- Fixes the right and left panels getting clipped at 720p for the Eagle and Empire Eagle
- When multiple players draw for the win in a deathmatch, display all the winners at the top
- CQC: Adding in the ship specific info for the efficiency shields so it only appears for the Eagle. Also made it so it consumes less power
- Added a cooldown period to the shield cell ability in CQC. This should balance it's use to be much fairer, especially in CTF
- Make sure that full connection information is carried through the STUN server results
- Flight Assist state should not be preserved between ships when dying in CQC
- Store the currently active fire group when the player's CQC ship is destroyed
- Make sure the rank cached in the CQC lobby data is updated after a game as a player might rank up
- Corrected the power draw setting on the light shields for the fed fighter
- Make sure that we stop trying to attach the flag to the flag carrier ship if the flag is no longer being carried
- When opening the CQC stats screen, put it into a loading state and then fill it with data when the web request returns. This stops the user from being unable to do anything while it is waiting for a response
- OSX: Fix for intermittent glitches in GUI output on Nvidia cards
- CQC: Fixing and balancing the boost diverters on the ships
- CQC: Making the single cycle shields take longer to regen as designed
- Clear CQC error message queue when resetting game, so the next user doesn't get irrelevant error messages on the main menu after signing in
- CQC: Making the Hyper Charge shields re-charge faster
- Show a better message when chat is disabled in Death Match. Also only show it once, don't spam it
- Don't show voice comms notifications for (definitely) blocked players. Can join their team in CQC or a wing with them - we can't actually communicate so don't indicate that we can
- Fix error with missing soundbanks
- Show a loading spinner while clearing saves
- Slight change to cursor logic. Now, only lock an invisible cursor to the centre of the window if any mouse traps are active
- OSX: Fix memory error with cursor
- Reduced the audio virtualisation distance of scanners
- Correctly kick out a minor faction from their system when they're displaced by an expanding faction
- Bindings disabled in CQC should not be enabled by rebinding
- Added extra fields to the power details screens for systems that are in turmoil
- Added approved player group descriptions to the galaxy map
- Make interdiction a bit fairer, it isn't so weighted in favour of the person being interdicted
- Fixed missing damage sections on Anaconda
- Fixed user display name not being set properly after creating a new commander.
- Increasing the radius on Ice Field slightly so players have a bit more space behind the structures
* New Features:
- Audio for new ships: Imperial Eagle, Federation Gunship, and Federation Assault Ship.
- More CQC audio improvements.
- Added CQC combat music
- Audio for CQC lobby and results screens
- Many optimisations in the audio systems and assets (benefits Mac, PC and Xbox One users), details below.
- Added dynamic occlusion/obstructions system to CQC, to muffle/mute ships when they are behind other objects.
- Fixed audio getting stuck in lobby.
Changes, Bugs & fixes:
- Added a boost fail sound.
- Minor update to the hauler sound, slightly louder boost.
- Added sounds for Leave, defect, nominate and pledge in power-play menus.
- Multi-cannon mechanical sounds are slightly pushed back and gunshot noises slightly pushed forward, also added a bit more bass.
- Gui hover sound in power-play menu has been tweaked.
- Courier added bits to the boost sound, improved audibility of main engine layer, improved orientation sounds, improved loops.
- Lowered Diamondback audio as it was generally much louder than any other ship.
- Increased the volume of music stingers when switching between articles in GalNetNews.
- Courier boost moved to rear speakers.
- Volume tweaked really loud door hinge on landing gears.
- Tweaked Courier Hardpoint door and Engine Flaps.
- Cannon Impacts are more audible.
- Improvements to the way landing pads sound.
- Balanced missile lock on sounds.
- Less intrusive way of filtering beam lasers when they are low on ammo and constantly re-triggering because of weapon recharge rate.
- Added a background ambience to Powerplay menu's for when music is muted.
- Shield impact sounds on others and self slightly are more audible during combat.
- Armour impact has less wizz and more metallic bang. Stands out better during combat.
- First phase of mixing weapons, other engines and other weapons. Long term goal is to make combat more exciting and other ships more audible around - commanders, we're doing this in stages across the next few major updates.
- Impact sound scales up with volume of the game to always be noticeable.
- Multicannon and Pulselaser tweaks.
- Improved ship voice glitch effects.
- Self destruct alarm sequence tweaks.
Fix for NPC pirate loadouts that are missing cargo scanners
- Fix for merging islands in supercruise - changes in scanner range (due to acceleration) were not being handled correctly
- Fix spawning fighters from capital ships
- Make sure police escorts get police names, rather than random NPC names
- Stop pirates from scanning target after they've pirated it
- Miners check their refinery while mining and if it's destroyed they'll jump away
- If NPC hull is below 20% when being spawned in supercruise don't try and interdict anybody
- Removed some rogue geometry in Sidewinder cockpit that was resulting in a thin purple line in front of the camera
- Fixes to police response:
- update formulae for strength/delay calculation to match latest design numbers
- investigation strength hard limited to calculated value, previously could go over rather than leave a remainder; reinforcement can still go over
- don't try and respond to crime in supercruise
- correctly set the limit on investigation ships to be the score of a viper, fixes only getting the lowest-scored ships for investigations
- Don't allow NPCs to interdict if the target is charging their hyperspace drive - previously only blocked the interdiction during the actual countdown
- When the lead of an NPC wing dies and a new NPC is chosen, re-run the code that choose their chatter table so that it uses the correct one
- Request routing data from the server as soon as we receive a sync letter from an unknown machine - may fix some connection issues
- Allow pirates with low hull to dock at non-anarchy stations - gives them something to do as they can't interdict
- Add pirate threaten & cargo collection behaviour to the Pirate Hunter Hostile archetype, copied from standard Pirate archetype. They can now be pacified by dropping cargo, and will collect it
- Fix potential cause of excessive number of escort NPCs if they had a different authority from the lead
- Give AI wing members the same wanted/clean status as their lead, so the whole group will have the same status on spawning
- Increased malfunction chances on dumbfire missiles as they were far too low
- Made Viper hardpoint-cavities deeper to prevent the weapon clipping when retracting it
- NPCs can interdict other NPCs
- Fix combat bonds not disappearing from the transactions panel once they're redeemed
- Fix outfitting screen giving inaccurate ranges for sensors, scanners, and ECM. Now uses the standard 3 sig fig instead of rounding to the nearest km
- Stop mission messengers from constantly spawning and talking to players
- Reduced the size of the anacondas powerplant hit
- Enforce minimum of 10 credits to hull repair cost check
- Fixed the missing texture on Vulture debris, and increased explosion speed of drifting debris
- Added 'Shader preparation on startup' option to the 'graphic options' screen
- Re-mapped part of the back of the landing pad skirts to break up the repetition of a texture
- Police Hunter Hostile ships will scan their target after interdicting it, rather than opening fire immediately
- Increase health values for Diamondback cockpits
- Updated the pirate lord to have a better pirate-y loadout, he had no interdictor or cargo scanner
- Galaxy Map Trade Route 'Clear' button cannot be easily access via gamepad fixed
- 'Recovering' minor faction state progress added to UI
- Don't reduce powerplay ships when in a taking control state
- Fix cargo losing it's powerplay origin when eject-and-collected
- Derive the number of visible stars from the galaxy map graphics setting
- Updated Warthog control scheme to allow full galaxy map and system map control with the joystick only
- Predicted CC news items added
- Discard cargo dialog now supports 3 digits
- Fix floating point inaccuracy with large fuel tanks and fuel consumption
- Bulletin board now shows which major faction a mission is related to
- Prevent mines and missiles from jumping vast distances when they shouldn't
- Fix missing asteroids in thin rings.
- System scenarios are regenerated when system state changes
- Incorrect Station Name Display On Menu after Docking at 2 stations fixed
- Game sometimes loads with starport services missing when playing loads in docked fixed
- Station Services GUI fades but remains whilst descending into hangar fixed
- Reduced colour value of scratch map to ensure no damage present when Imperial Clipper is 100% repaired or new
- Powerplant damage changes - rather than going critical when badly damaged they will drop into a limp-home state and provide 50% emergency power. If the power plant continues to take damage (past a threshold) there is still a chance they will fail critically and take out the ship. The Reboot/Repair sequence is now able to repair powerplants to restore full functionality
- Updated Pluto and Charon to use rocky template rather than icy
- Tidied up our display of 'pending' and 'recovering' states in the reputation tab
- Community Goal "How To" Box displays as boxes when in russian fixed
- GUI rendering optimisations
- Reduce station rate of fire, but increase per shot damage to compensate
- Optimisations for star searches
- Fix binding GUI not allowing us to bind axes that don't already have one
- Fix for flickering white square in starport
- Fix for mining lasers not having gunsights (includes Torval's Mining Lance)
- Added more chatter line variety
- Fix for supercruise island merging
- Add chatter to provide reason for security ships attacking player
- Optimisations for scanner rendering
- Better shuffling of map choices for CQC
- CQC Loading screen to replace the spinning ship model
- Cannot check Scoreboard During Killcams fixed
- Add speaker icon in CQC lobby to show who is speaking
- Speculative fix for some stuttering in supercruise seen on Win10 machines with AMD graphics cards
- Add ability to mute a player in the lobby
- Fixed Power's control page text cut off
- Damage tweak for the CQC rapid fire cannon
- Optimisations for power distribution management
- Player allied with opposing Power didn't get bounty when firing on a player allied with system's power fixed
- 'Cargo scoop' indicator light wrongly labeled 'Landing gear' fixed
- Fix for CQC back lighting being inconstant with angle
- Improved spawn point generation for CQC maps
- Fixed hitcheck on the pipes around the central area of objective towers
- No visible timer during CQC match fixed
- Show the killer pilot name in respawn menu, don't show anything if we don't have a killer
- OSX: Fix for custom mouse cursor sometimes disappearing, particularly on lower-spec machines
- Repeating Dialogue When Being Asked to Accept Alternate Mission Parameters fixed
- Fix inbox message contract elements for delivery missions
- Update how conflict scenarios are generated, and the triggers for scenario generation:
- Multiple wars/civil wars in a single system
- Remove some oddities in wars spanning several systems
- Wars between non-controlling factions are allowed and will co-incide with scenarios generated by the controlling minor's state
- Update the logic to trigger a rebuild of scenarios to watch and make use of the last changed seed, along with the ability to generate zero scenarios - Should fix several cases where scenarios should show but don't (though the case of zero planets in a system still causes problems)
- Fix the occasional insanely large amount of time spend in the advance of matchmaking lobby
- Made low colours the same as normal colours for large icons on the scanner in CQC
- CQC prestige button now available when rank 50
- Added error messages for a number of CQC invite error scenarios.
- Already in the squad you were invited to
- The other squad is closed
- The invite was not yours to accept!
- Fixed module hit locations for all ships, improving layout and correcting oversized/overlapping setups
- Fixed a bug with the tea traders to allow them to trade tea in Star systems exploited by a Power
- Fixed buying exploration data when then only thing a Commander knows about a star system is its name
- Improved Powerplay cache behaviour for Players connecting within a couple of minutes after weekly maintenance
- Support multiple conflicts within a given starsystem. However, one minor faction can still only be involved in a single conflict, no matter how many starsystems they're present in.
- Fixed some minor faction economic states so they once again affect influence levels
- Minor faction conflict states can now take precedence over economic states, which should fix many one sided conflicts
- Star system stability factors now affect rate of change of minor faction influence levels, making it harder to affect influence in systems with any of large populations, higher security, development level and standard of living.
- If the server doesn't think we have any paintjob wear, but the client thinks we have a tiny bit of wear (<0.000001), we will just ignore it
- Fixed missing rank icons in manage party screen
CQC Update 1.4
Greetings Commanders, here is the CQC 1.4 update change log!
- CQC Added!
- Imperial Eagle added
- Federal Gunship added
- Federal Assault Ship added
- Hazardous resource extraction sites added
- Compromised nav beacons added
- Legal salvage missions added
- Added Outfitting for CQC
- Changed how powerplant damage is handled - small chance of instant destruction, otherwise malfunctions and halved power output
- Assign Imperial Eagles to those who should have them from their backer rewards
- Speculative fixes for several rare crashes
- Fixed soft lock on login
- Crash fix for a rarely reported issue ship being docked to a station that is not in a state to provide interfaces
- Fix crash where the station news updates while quitting the
- OSX: Fix crash when generating star textures
- Prevent a crash when drones hit shields after recent changes to damage
- OSX: Fix for occasional assert due to unexpected texture
- Avoid firing beams if the firing ship is not ready and so causing a crash
- Prevent crash when trying to scoop something that no longer exists
- Fix crash caused by chatter in supercruise
- Fix crash when shutting down while looking at a mission in the bulletin board
- Restructure some checks so we don't fatally crash when there's a missing entry in the exploration database for an object we've targetted
- OSX: changes to reduce crashes due to low heap memory, including changes to use memory more efficiently
- OSX: fix for occasional crashes when closing the game window
- OSX: fix for a rare crash in the keyboard handling code on startup
- OSX: fix for potential cause of crashes in OpenGL code
- Fix a zero burst interval in plasma point defences
- Fix memory leak in ring cell generation
- Fix duplicate system ID
- Crash fix for invalid positions being passed
- Fix a pair of crashes that can happen if trying to place a scenario with no valid body list, and cope with this selection failing gracefully
- CQC: Fix a memory leak caused by the NavMarker holding onto its radar marker after the location that created it is destroyed
- Prevent crash if power data isn't available (such as in CQC)
- Low level UI crash fix
- Contacts panel restored in CQC to allow muting of other players
- CQC stats should start tracking credits earned through CQC and only count offensive weapons towards ‘favourite weapon’
- Add a few more stats to the cockpit panel
- Fix Powerplay outfitting discounts when in Beta test mode
- Fix a server bug when scooping a mineral fragment that then requires processing multiple refinery buckets into multiple cargo units at the same time
- Adjusted text field size in OptionsScreen.swf to account for larger text strings
- Don't show debug names for unbound controls
- Make the score summary UI in CQC aware of fov (prevents scaling during fov zooms from death cam)
- Fixed main menu spending up to 1.5 mins on a black screen if the player loses his internet connection just before going to the CQC menu
- Removed offset in UI rendering which should sharpen things up a bit
- Allow NPCs to start interdicting the player while they are charging for a hyperspace jump (but not once the countdown has started)
- Scoreboard no longer refers to the players gamertag - it uses the commander name which might look the same - isn't!
- Fix assert message and telemetry to report the correct bucket IDs when we receive an incorrect ID from the web server
- When you are kicked from a game due to inactivity, it now displays an error message on the main menu to say why
- Fix the reverse resistance armour text so it says it's strong vs kinetic and weak vs laser
- Make sure that if we disconnect while in the CQC menus we go to the disconnected from CQC state
- When there is a session error, make sure that we disconnect from the game
- Fix a bug where the player's current team was reset from Blue to None
- Fix a bug where shield regeneration would appear to stall in cases where the current delay after break was longer than the delay after hit (only experienced by some CQC ships with 1.5 or less pips in SYS)
- Various Numerous text fixes
- Fix missing shield rings in GUI
GENERAL TWEAKS & FIXES:
- Reset the backfill timer when leaving CQC or ending CQC gameplay. This prevents it from trying to start backfill matchmaking when not in a game session
- Increasing the amount of time it takes for the shields power-up to respawn to match the others
- Control changes for context schemes so that they maintain keyboard alternatives wherever they were present in the original control pad scheme these were based from
- Fix spawn points facing the wrong direction in Elevate
- Decreased the time the highest end AIs spend "on" the interdiction vector to make them a little easier
- Prestige icons not displaying
- Corrected the text for Deathmatch to state the correct amount of points needed to win
- Fix for player name in CQC turning white when not highlighted
- Correct CQC stats are now on the right hand panel in the ship cockpit
- Decreased amount of time between CQC matches once in a session
- Fix for control UI staying on screen in supercruise
- Fix for text in control settings screen being cut off after scrolling
- Increased duration of damage powerup
- Increased the time it takes for the shields power up to decay
- Fixes to the Anaconda model
- Fix for F63 Condor boost actually causing loss of speed
- Fix for deathmatch draws being recorded as losses
- Fix for not being able to navigate through squad list
- Various network optimisations
- Don't try to generate scores if we don't have the data for them (stops crash)
- Don't crash if a ship has an invalid loadout in CQC
- Fix a server crash to do with updating a users machine handle when they previously weren't in the game
- Fix server crash if players haven't been cleared out from the lobby
- Crash fix for network replication occurring in the wrong order in CQC
- Update mute symbols in lobby correctly
- 'Capture' and 'Protect' indicators do not move / may not render while in Oculus Rift fixed
- Make sure that we are removed from a wing when we end a proving ground game. This should fix an issue with opponents in deathmatch appearing friendly
- Fixed where players didnt always get assigned to the team the the lobby wanted to put them in
- In the CQC Outfitting, boost diverters should not show class/rating/mass, instead they should show Power Draw and Boost Speed Multiplier
- Fix for selling illegal drones (sometimes known as limpets)
- CQC matchmaking reliability improvements
- Re-enable starter packs on Beta Test
- Add the Empire_Eagle_Upgraded template to the Imperial Bounty Hunter starter pack
- Background sim fix to stop a faction declaring war on more than one opponent per tick when there’s more than one eligible
- Major refactoring of PC CQC Matchmaking game notification sending
- Stop titles appearing in the body of Galnet articles on the website
- Persist the Ship Lights option through location transitions, but not save/load
- If the refinery is idle and has a non-empty hopper, try to reallocate these materials to the bins
- Fixed high ranked AI ships not being able to fire due to empty WEP capacitor!
- Pressing enter when going into the outfitting will result in no ui being shown fixed
- Fix hole in Hauler cockpit geometry
- Diamondback Explorer Image in the contact panel was missing now fixed
- Docking computer failure at station type Orbis fixed
- Added a case to handle WM_MENUCHAR messages, which were causing the system to beep when Alt+Key combinations were pressed
- Local Cartographic Data Filters not working fixed
- Adjustments to how penetrating shots work:
- If no standard penetration depth is set for a ship, use 75% of its size in the smallest axis (rather than 100m). As no ships actually had this value set this will stop shots going all the way through ships to hit modules at the back
- Remove spurious increased penetration distance from medium beam turrets
- Railguns now have extreme penetration distance (will pierce to any module on any ship)
- News ticker can now be clicked to jump to a particular news item
- Unable to select system with mouse fixed
- Landing gear speed limiter is now tied to the landing gear toggle rather than what the gears are actually doing
- Prevent Hardpoints being told to fire when docked
- Fix issues where the station doesn't retaliate when being shot
- Edits to dirt and scratch maps to work with new white underpaint colour on Imperial ships
- Co-pilot seat added to external view for Python
- Fix for LAN connection issues (after conencting over lan, if both players had upnp enabled, it was switching back to wan connection)
- Fix for problem where drones delivering cargo canisters belonging to another authority would scan for new targets and pick the same canister
- Fix for NPC miner loadouts that are missing r
According to Theta Sigma (and supported by reality) a 'vinvestment' of $10,000 for os, at the SP of 198.5p would now be worth $11,335
That's a 13% return on vinvestment over a one month period.
It's a shame you guys can't see past offline decision in order to use the situation to your advantage (unlike another prominent backer, known to deusx_ophc, who was aggrieved by offline mode)
I guess some backers are smarter than others, and simply apply the rational logic of:
"Don't get mad, get even."
A support guide for #elitedangerous players upgrading to v1.4. Worth checking out.
thanks to senator drew wagar ^^
Reminder - the galaxy servers will be down on all platforms for approx 6 hrs from 8am BST to launch on Xbox One and update to 1.4 CQC!
another landmark for Elite:Dangerous - gratz to Frontier Developments and huge thank you to all the crew, back-room staff ^^
@Oldschool shadowrunner - well according to a prominent shareholder Theta Sigma / SyntheticGenetic - the ability to chat isn't a fundamental feature of Elite:Dangerous
Taking a look at effect of the latest desperate move by this desperate company.
FD drops ED price to £17.99.
Steam reviewers drop score to 73%.
So it's a bit rusty now, but what about later?
As many other reviewers have echoed, this game is a broken sandbox that lacks toys. Normally, there'd be nothing wrong with that as long as there were plans to improve the game with time. I'm sure the designers do plan to fix some things and add content. However, I honestly don't think the game will get significantly better because it appears that the designers are mostly satisfied with how the game has turned out. Those design decisions which I think need improving, the detailed list above — the developers seem totally fine with many of them, in fact they seem to think it's what most players want. Indeed, the primary reason I cannot in good conscience recommend this game to anyone is that after two months of trying to get actively involved with the community it appears this game is essentially being designed by one or two people at the top who have little to no interest (or experience) with what would make their game most successful. Rather, it seems they follow their own desires even if they go counter to what the playerbase wants or what would be best for their company (usually the two go hand-in-hand). There's no player polls, little forum engagement... from the current designs and what little interaction they have with the community, it seems clear that this game is their child — the latest in a historied franchise stretching back to the 80s — and they are designing it the way they want, which may or may not be in the best interest of the fans.
It is for these reasons I feel the game is unlikely to ever shape up into something that will draw a substantial long-term following and why I cannot in good faith recommend this game.
Last time I checked, E:D shows increase on previous month for 3 out of 5 months since launch month, with last 30 days increasing every day, and current average well above all-time average.
Also, Steam ain't all players.
XBoxOne release tomorrow :)
Total units: 825,000 (over a month ago)
Steam Players in last two weeks: 128,000
@TS " the E:D juggernaut"
In your fantasies only. Last time I checked, ED wasn't even in the Steam top #25.
DBOBE said early in the kickstarter (in the risks section, IIRC) that they had already cracked complicated things like the networking. Hands up who believes that one!
Yes, they did a lot of work before the kickstarter launched. It had been running as a stealth project for some time. Otherwise they would not have been able to show videos like the dogfight in the asteroids.
But the fact remains that they had certainly not cracked the networking, as anyone who struggled through the alpha and beta while they rewrote it would attest. Even now we get fairly frequent threads posted complaining about the networking and the difficulties of finding friends and winging up. And you are surely not suggesting that the trading market and background simulation are as successful as they should be?
There must be a small part of you both that is beginning to realise that no amount of your deliberate negativity, ignoring the facts, and wilful misrepresentation can stop the E:D juggernaut?
Now nearly a year since Frontier shipped ED with thoroughly broken networking, and still Frontier hasn't fixed it.
Lest we forget.
Looking at all the high quality games we at Frontier have produced, from RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 to Kinectimals to LostWinds to Disneyland Adventures, I think the risk of non-delivery is small. We already have a large team who are very experienced at delivering complicated projects, and the key high-risk components (like networking) are already in place.
i think Commander FDEV has changed ships, he finally left the lowly Sidewinder behind. I recon he was gunning straight for the iconic Cobra MK III now and didn't bother with Eagle or Hauler.
wonder how long until he makes it to the fully A-grade Anaconda, a true behemoth of the gaming world ^^
Good Morning CMDR!
Onwards & Upwards indeed:
1.4 + CQC + XBoxOne Full Release tomorrow.
Last 30 days: +12.16%
225p +1.12% (2.50p) ...just on the morning
Must be due to all the objective/positive posts on here and on LSE over the past few days.
Oh, hang on... large number of long, extremely negative posts. Weird. What's going on? %^]
good monday monrning ^^
"Unless significant reforms are made." well loking forward to wing with you soon™ then!
onwards & upwards commanders
Apparently being able to chat is not a fundamental feature of E:D - the same game that would be "lifeless and empty offline" - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/comments… Is being able to fly in super-cruise without FPS drop also not a fundamental feature of E:D?
I have said multiple times that I never requested a refund. David Braben can hold onto mine, and you can hold onto your pence their of with the knowledge that it will be the last money that you ever see from me. Unless significant reforms are made.
I can tell you which side I won't be choosing and that is the side of embattled shareholder trying to whip up support.
Litigation has already started - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist
Speaking about baseless/fraudulent claims, where's the proof that you were asked to provide for this wild accusation - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/comments… "In addition, it has been brought to my attention from various contacts that you may have invested significant effort in attempting to obtain such information from various sources." Would you care to see proof (that is available in the public domain) proving that you are biglittle456 from LSE?
10 times you posted in public information that you believe to be personal information belonging to me after I warned you about posting personal information, but now you run and hide behind it? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/comments… Hypocrite much?
Can't help but wonder if this is due to FDEV's 50+ corrections...
How about: Try it again in 1.4 (?)
Remind me, are you a backer, an ex-backer who no longer has access to the game, or an ex-backer who can still log-in and play, essentially for free?
"Also getting this problem. Normally get rock-solid 60fps, even in combat, but drops to 20-35ish FPS in Supercruise "
Date first reported: 21 Dec 2014
Date fixed: TBD
My videos of the issue:
Some other references to the issue:
Hmmmm... are you sure about that, you checked Steam or FDEV SP recently? %^]
os: "the person that needs evidence"
"I'm sure FD is doing their best to fix problems as best they can."
I'm sure this is true. The problem is that their best is really very poor indeed. The "house that needs furniture" that is Elite Dangerous just gets more dilapidated and ramshackle as Frontier try to build more and more extensions to distract from the fact that they are not up to the job of getting the house itself in a state fit for habitation.
Hey, @Wyzak, have you checked out the 'Star Citizen' Kickstarter comments recently?
You could consider hooking up with 'Arrakisdef' as you both seem to share some common... er... 'traits' %^]
(I'd suggest os, too, but thankfully for Cloud Imperium and Chris Roberts, os didn't back SC on KS)
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Arrakisdef soon starts posting links to the recent 'The Escapist' and 'Forbes' articles regarding Star Citizen's alleged 'feature creep', 'disgruntled ex-employees', 'Glassdoor' "evidence" and numerous other allegations against CR and his wife, his personal life, Cloud Imperium and talk of legal action against SC (I wonder if there are any minor yet-to-be-implemented features/bugs that Arrakisdef can research and highlight in order to blow out of all proportion?) [sigh/]
Which side will you choose in that particular meta-game?
The role of "wide-eyed fan-boy" or "angry backer"?
Choose Your Own Adventure™
- - - - - -
Arrakisdef on 16 September
"Two and a half years later and no update."
Arrakisdef on 18 September
"Thankfully, courts are starting to make judgments on Kickstarter projects that don't fulfill their promises.
Arrakisdef on 18 September
"@Damon Czanik Star Citizen has an obligation to everyone that pledged to them on Kickstarter to keep them informed, on Kickstarter."
Arrakisdef on 18 September
"@Damon Czanik, I don't want some random person "informing" me about a company and its obligations."
Arrakisdef on 25 September
"Just so everyone knows. I've been messaging someone at Cloud Imperium Games. They are refusing to update their Kickstarter page."
Arrakisdef on 25 September
"@Damon Czanik The fact that you feel like you need to post updates on Kickstarter shows that they are doing something wrong. They should be posting updates here.
I didn't mean to say that you weren't trying to be helpful, but you shouldn't be doing it, the company should. Like I've said, they haven't updated their kickstarter page in over two and a half years. They received funding from kickstarter, so this is where they should post updates.
There is no current FTC investigation. I was just mentioning that courts are finally starting to rule against kickstarter programs that do not fulfill their requests."
- - - - - -