Final 36 Hours! New Stretch Goals including a $350k MEGAGOAL! Can we get there?
The End Times (of this Kickstarter) Are Upon Us!
Chris, Kelvin, Keir and I cannot believe that there are only 1.5 days left. Its has been an incredible ride, and we'll write more about that tomorrow.
But today's order of business is:
New Stretch Goals!
We've been so fortunate to have your support to make Darkest Dungeon funded this well so far!
Although our most distant stretch goals ($400k+) look to be impossible at this point, we have been putting our heads together around the Red Hook office and having intense discussions about how we can deliver the best game possible to all of you. We've also listened a lot to your comments about the upcoming exciting stretch goals, especially concerning Cinematics (told in the style of our "Terror and Madness" and "House of Ruin" trailers) and Steam Workshop support (to allow mod creation!), for which there is a ton of support all around.
In talking and planning, we explored how both of those key stretch goals actually require different personnel and can be done in parallel. We also talked a lot about how much we, ourselves, want them both in the game. Given how well the campaign has done, we believe that if we hit that $350k Cinematics goal, we can find a way to do BOTH.
So, here are two Stretch Goal changes that we hope you'll be as excited about as we are:
- $285k mini-goal: The Ancestor's Items - 6 rare and powerful trinkets dropped from the expedition of your Ancestor in which he uncovered the Darkest Dungeon, to his eventual demise. You can find these powerful and mysterious items while adventuring.
- $350k MEGA-GOAL: Steam Workshop support has been reduced from $400k and has been added to the $350k Cinematics goal, creating a monstrous, lumbering MEGAGOAL- ZOMG! Why choose chocolate or peanut butter when you can have both?!
What You Can Do to Help
First of all, just by backing, you have done an amazing amount and we thank you! No further action required, of course!
But if you love that MEGAGOAL as much as we do, then consider spreading the word about Darkest Dungeon in these final hours on your favorite websites, forums, and social networks.
You can remind people that there are several huge benefits to backing:
- Get rewards that you won't be able to get when the game releases
- Become part of ongoing backer polls and see concept art and game ideas throughout development (WANDERER $20 tier and higher)
- Even if you just get the basic game (NOMAD $15), you're getting it for a discount over expected retail price.
- Your support as backers is not only enabling Darkest Dungeon to get made--it is making the game BETTER. You have a very real effect on this game.
Thank you for all that you do!
Grave Robber Revealed!
Nimble, versatile and self-sufficient, the Grave Robber sparkles with value like a gold ring on the finger of a fresh corpse! She's able to deftly evade incoming hits and make lethal use of her poisoned daggers at range or in close quarters. The Grave Robber's real speciality however, is navigating long-forgotten tunnels silently, disarming traps, seeking out hidden passageways and uncovering ancient caches of valuable treasure!
Kelvin (Tech Director) recently backed this project--it allows you to hum and turn your voice recording into MIDI, amongst other things. Pretty cool, so check it out!
--The Darkest Dungeon Team
P.S. If you missed last night's Art and Q&A Twitchstream (where Chris draws the Grave Robber), here is the link: