What horrors lie in wait? Roadmap update!
With our most recent update 'Fiends & Frenzy' behind us, we're looking ahead once again! This is just a short update to let you all know where we're headed.
The next update, in July, will be:
- New Hero: The Houndmaster! This rugged ex-constable will wander into the Hamlet, accompanied by his faithful Wolfhound and help restore order to your lawless acreage!
- Sanitarium overhaul! A significant rework of quirks, diseases, and the Sanitarium is coming! You'll be able to sculpt your heroes a little more by locking your favourite positive quirks on them - but be warned, doing so is permanent, and cannot be reversed.
- Diseases will also be separated into their own category, and better integrated into the game game flow.
- Armor up! Armor icons will upgrade on all heroes.
- "And more..." Quality of life changes, balance, tuning, gameplay tweaks and other additions are always going into the build!
Other backer rewards, like personalized heroes, item design, etc will be coming online over the summer - you haven't missed anything! We'll be in touch with you regarding these rewards as soon as we're ready to roll them into the game.
After the July update, the next stop for us will be the Cove, a completely new dungeon with it's own bosses, monsters, curios, traps, and obstacles! If things weren't salty enough, get ready to choke down on the briny waters as your sodden adventurers push ever closer to...
The Darkest Dungeon!
Our full 1.0 release is scheduled for late October, this year!
The final dungeon and story content will be added, and you will conclude your quest to restore your family's estate, or die trying. What can you expect in the Darkest Dungeon? We're not saying a word.
Need more monsters in your life? Check out Savage Empire! A graphic novel project based out of Vancouver by ex Turok developer, Tim Lewinson!
'Till Next time...
As always, we thank you for your support & enthusiasm! Till next time, bring an extra shovel, and keep those torches lit! Unless, of course, you're looking for a Shambler...
-The Darkest Dungeon Team