Thanks for watching my introduction video and providing me the chance to invite you to help me create this book. As a writer, it is so exciting there is a way to make you part of this project.
I am launching this Kickstarter campaign to generate funding for my book. It is not just the money, which is a BIG part of this endeavor, but collaborating with other like-minded people invested in actively co-creating who we are becoming. The book is is an invitation to people in families, communities, organizations locally and globally to find, support and encourage each other as we create new systems that will better serve humanity.
One of my goals is finding at least 10 donors to pledge $500 each to meet my tier one goal of $5000. This will cover my editing and publishing. Every donation, large and small is greatly appreciated!
My hope is to make $10,000!! The money I raise beyond the initial goal of $5000 will go towards distributing and publicizing the book and development of a workbook, online courses, podcasts, and webinars.
What is the book about?
Here are a couple excerpts from the book:
• What an amazing time to be on the planet. We are experiencing radical changes in the way we know and see ourselves and the world. With the accelerating transformations, we are watching structures that have defined humanity for centuries falling apart. Simultaneously, we are creating new systems out of shifting paradigms and expanding worldviews.
• At this time of tremendous change personally and collectively on our planet, we all have a choice to make: focus on what is ending or focus on what is beginning.
• We could choose to cling to old, dysfunctional worldviews, which could lead to extinction, or we can expand our perspective, create new models, and evolve into beings capable of greater connection and collaboration.
• How do we incorporate new understandings and viewpoints into our emerging paradigms and systems to support ideal conditions for our growth and development? We could use an upgrade in a variety of areas. Our environment is being destroyed. There is social injustice, widening disparity between the rich and poor, financial instability, record planetary population, garbage floating in our oceans, humans abusing humans, and unsustainable consumption. I invite each of us to contribute to creating a new world of interconnected reconstruction. We are developing better education, health care, economies, commerce, buildings, information exchange, energy sources, land use, and media. We are forming new systems to better serve humanity. Which paradigm shifts and upgrades are you contributing to?
• Approaching your calling with a sense of wonder and curiosity may bring in the discovery humanity is waiting for.
At the end of each chapter, there are discussion questions. Here are examples:
• What are the issues in our changing world that you are the most passionate about?
• How do you contribute to creating vital and sustaining paradigms in yourself? Your relationships? Your family? Your community? Your workplace? Our human family at large?
• What excites you and makes your heart sing?
• How will the new systems emerging impact your life?
Why am I writing this book now?
1. For years I have been teaching classes and facilitating discussions with clients and students about new discoveries such as quantum physics, our bodies and minds, the universe, communication, and energy. These new insights show we are more interconnected than we previously understood. From new perspectives and ways of thinking I see people compelled to create more sustainable and mutually beneficial companies, communities and choices. I am so moved, delighted and humbled by the amazing changes I see in people and the ways they contribute in the world.
2. There is so much change happening on the planet right now! We have huge potential for improvements in the way we govern, communicate, lead, educate, provide health care, do business and create energy. This book is a call to action, an invitation for people to live full out and utilize their talents, passions, gifts and strengths to better humanity and the planet.
3. Some people are watching structures that have defined us for centuries falling apart, and are digging their heels in to resist that change. This can be discouraging to watch continuously pouring in from media. I want to create a forum to invite people to live without fear of the changes, and live from our innovative self; to positively impact who we are becoming at home, in our families, communities, organizations, institutions and globally.
4. Clients, students, colleagues and friends have asked if I have something written they can share with their husband, neighbor, community organization, or leaders at work. This material has been accumulated through teaching at the University, coaching private clients and numerous class offerings. This book is designed to invite more people into this conversation.
Poem from the book
I invite you to fully own your role as a visionary co-creating our new era. Lao Tzu, a 6th century BCE Chinese philosopher and author of the Tao-Te Ching encourages us to do the same:
Always we hope
Always we hope someone else has the answer.
Some other place will be better, some other time it will all turn out.
This is it. No one else has the answer. No other place will be better, and it has already turned out.
At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.
There is no need to run outside for better seeing. Nor to peer from a window.
Rather abide at the center of your being; for the more you leave it, the less you learn. Search your heart and see the way to do is to be.
Risks and challenges
With the book 70% written, I anticipate having the first draft completed within the next 3 months. That part has been creative, fun, and lots of time and revision. I have worked with two great editors on the part that is already written. Once the draft is finished, I need help to get "Living From Your Center Within" polished and out in the world. My intention is to have the book published within 6 months. I will send your reward out when the book gets published.
I will use your contributions for:
• Having the book edited (Thank you Ellie:http://ellieroscher.com)
• Designing Book Jacket (Thank you Alicia: http://aliciaweller.com)
• Getting the book published, most likely self-publishing
• Distributing the book
• Publicizing the book
• Anything extra will go for creating online courses, podcasts, webinars and live classes
In addition to a monetary contribution you can help me create this book by sharing my request for funding assistance AND sending good vibes and energy for a successful Kickstarter campaign.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)