(3/12) FOUR NEW PLEDGE LEVELS ANNOUNCED!
Due to the success of the project, I have added new pledge levels to allow for people who wish to subscribe to Black Dragon (4 quarterly issues). Those who have already pledged may still change their level, if desired. These new 4-issue pledge levels are priced at a 3-issue amount, meaning the fourth issue is free. Advertisers are paying for only two ads, but getting four!
A Zine Quest project!
Black Dragon is a 24-32 page 5.5" x 8.5" 'zine for pre-3e D&D games and their derivatives, including Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, and OSRIC. Inspired by the old 'zines you used to pick up at gaming conventions in the early-mid 1980s, Black Dragon features a host of articles for your gaming table, including:
• A tavern generator, with tables for creating innkeepers, patrons, rumors, history, physical features, drinks & meals, hirelings & henchmen, and tons of quirky aspects. Want to try out the Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails drink? How about hiring some henchmen from the Guild of Preferred Dungeon Employees?
• An article about dwarven magic and how dwarves use it to create their wondrous stone items, find their way out of labyrinths, and prevent mining disasters.
• "Figuratively Speaking," a feature that takes a look at some of the classic miniatures from the 1970s and 80s, including figures from Ral Partha and Grenadier.
• The Marksman, a new class for your OSR games.
• Cartoons that capture the spirit of old school gaming.
• A classifieds ads section for product or service offerings. Get out those self addressed stamped envelopes!
Black Dragon features artwork by Mike Tenebrae, whose art has graced works from Fantasy Flight Games, The Design Element, Pinnacle Entertainment, Modiphius, and Avalon Games.
What's this about Ads?!?!?
One of the things I loved most about Dragon and White Dwarf (when it was an RPG magazine) were the advertisements. Every issue came laced with glimpses of new games, gaming tools, and playing opportunities. I want Black Dragon to contain a taste of those memories. You can place a 1/4 page (13 picas x 22 picas) ad for only $10 for anything game related. Looking for a gaming group? Want to sell your miniatures painting services? Have a great adventure module you want to get out there? How about promoting a Play By Mail RPG? You can design your own ad or I can do it for you (no charge). The only stipulation is that it should look and feel old school. Offer something via snail mail! Requiring a SASE (self-addressed-stamped-envelope) is also great! You can even offer something entirely tongue-in-cheek, such as a 5-page photocopied document detailing an insanely complex critical hit system for D&D, or a 1980s teenager's version of a Ninja class (super powered in every conceivable way, of course). Have fun with it!
Risks and challenges
Unless Gary visits me in a dream to tell me I'm doing it ALL WRONG, none.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)