The Gastro Gnome Food Truck of Riverside! Foodies Unite!!
The Gastro Gnome Food Truck of Riverside! Foodies Unite!!
We want to serve up healthy food options with great value for smart lifestyles on the go. United as Foodies we will prevail!!!
We want to serve up healthy food options with great value for smart lifestyles on the go. United as Foodies we will prevail!!! Read more
I am the Gastro Gnome Of Riverside!
- Since I can remember I have dreamed of tending the Gastro Garden of Jacksonville, Fl. With all the bounty of the local farms and groves in this lush community, the culinary abilities are endless. With over 17 years experience in the culinary and restaurant industry I want my Food Truck to be a household name, where everyone can find something on our menu to enjoy. If you are vegetarian, vegan, or a carnivore you should have options when you visit a local Food Truck. Unfortunately Jacksonville doesn't have many of those options....YET! Our dream is to get your gastro juices flowing without hitting you in your wallet, with the best tasting and highest quality ingredients no matter your diet. While sourcing our products as local as possible to keep it in the community, we want to partner with other local businesses to help everyone grow and prosper. We have built a network of foodies, event coordinators and companies who have a strong web presence and will help us grow our base following and reach our catering goals. We have spent the last 5 years building on our corporate catering connections and plan on utilizing them when we launch. Our plan is to feature ingredients from other local distributors and spread the word of shopping local, helping create local events at a different small business monthly to help increase their net sales and profile in the community.
- The North African Coast & the Mediterranean Sea have been evolving for thousands of years, just like the food found in the region. The wonderfully diverse cultures mean you can find regions with totally distinctive cooking styles and techniques that are using the same ingredients, but in a slightly different way. It means one tribe has always done this dish this way, because that's the way "Grand Ma" did it. Well everyone knows that Grand Ma's cooking is the best and I have tried to study as much about traditional techniques and styles from the North African & Mediterranean regions and I have come across some amazingly delicious and filling dishes. I will be featuring some classic dishes, and some fusion dishes, utilizing the freshest bounty available. Meaning that my menu will be ever evolving. Here is a sample of my Menu Choices for the launch of the truck.
- Our main goal is to have our brand of The Gastro Gnome be an office name when businesses think of having a catered event. We will be a full service caterer serving the greater Jacksonville area, able to create custom menus for any group, and taking the stress out of treating your team members or office staff to a healthy meal. The average business person actually has only 30 minutes to enjoy their lunch on their "Lunch Hour" after you factor in getting out of the office, to the lunch spot, and getting back to the office. By bringing the "Restaurant" to them, we help cut their travel time in half, letting them enjoy more of their break, and get back to their day refreshed and ready to tackle their next task. The Gastro Gnome Food truck will offer unique salads, sandwiches and entrees with Mediterranean flare. Similar items will be available under our catering menu, and custom menus will be designed as needed.
- Our "After Dark" vision is to serve healthy dinners to the masses at events, brewery's, and nightclubs so people can have full service food options while on the go.
- Where does your donation go? The funds we raise on Kickstarter will go to the purchase of our truck.
- You have to have Potable Water System, Hot Water, Three Compartment Sink, Hand Washing Sink, and you can have custom equipment. If you have a char grill or fryer you must have a hood vent system. So we need that equipment, and original launch funding, about 10% of the total Kickstarter fund to buy food and paper goods.
- Once we have the right truck and equipment, we are prepared to launch immediately and we plan on Mid September 2013. The permits and business licence information is all filled out, just need to purchase a truck to apply. We have worked in the restaurant and culinary community for quite some time in Jacksonville, and we have built a reputation as hardworking, honest, creative and business savvy entrepreneurs, with strong community support. We have worked on our business plan with others in the Jax Food Truck Community, and are able to learn from them about the obstacles and how to overcome them to become successful. We have fully researched all permits and requirements of the City, and the State, and will be fully compliant immediately after we find our truck. Hard work goes in to being a pioneer in the culinary industry, and we are thirsty for hard work!
- The market for food trucks in Jacksonville is immense. The Gastro Gnome's focus is to draw professionals from the local hospitals, business parks and social hotspots to sell our quick prep food and propel our catering sales. With around 40 food trucks in the region, and a great demand for them, we will be offering a distinct and appetizing menu to attract already established “truckies” to our product and hopefully bring more into the Jax Truckie Community. We also offer what few are able, which is corporate catering. Developing this aspect of the business is our ultimate goal. With only a handful of local established corporate caterers outside of the barbeque food realm, it is a great area for potential growth with a healthy menu like ours.
- Web Plan We recognize that a web presence is a critical business channel for The Gastro Gnome and will, therefore, be building a well-designed and comprehensive website with focus on our catering menu to increase sales. Web.com will host the site and provide the technical back end. A local web designer will design and maintain the site. We will frequently utilize all social media outlets, such as Twitter and Facebook, to increase visibility and ensure success. Daily updates with truck locations and photos of our specials will be posted to our followers to attract regular customers. The Gastro Gnome will also be featured under the JaxTruckies organization, which already has over 9000 Facebook friends and over 1600 Twitter followers. This is an especially helpful local resource available to us and will instantly create awareness among local consumers.
- As the Gastro Gnome Food Truck will be owner/operator, I plan to have a minimal staff. One full time employee will be required to assist me in the daily food truck operations. Contract workers will be available for any necessary event catering, whose costs will be included in the bill. We already have an established “Contract Worker” base of qualified people to assist in any large events we would cater.
What can you do to help us:
First donate to our Kickstarter!
We have a few options when it comes to picking the right truck to help us produce the best food, and we have narrowed it down to three. Based on how much we raise (It's all or nothing folks, if we don't reach our goal we have to start over) we can get a fully functional truck or one that needs some love. Remember we can always raise more funds, just not less, so spread the word and we can ensure that the Gnomes of Jax get the highest quality food with the right equipment!
Then pick your rewards!!!
Who doesn't like Hummus or want to ride shotgun for 6 months?!?Then, tell your friends! Share our facebook page and our website at www.thegastrognomefoodtruck.com
Once we launch we will be doing a special launch party for our Kickstarter friends!! Are you ready to be "In the Gnome.."
The video above features the song "Tales of a Dead Fish" by The Freak Fandango Orchestra, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial license.
Risks and challenges
There are risks and challenges in all businesses, especially food trucks i.e. weather, market demand, city restrictions. By focusing on our catering goals, we will be able to continue to grow whether or not a bad string of storms passes through or people go on vacation. We will be working with other community leaders to help us and others in the food truck community grow and succeed within the City of Jacksonville.
We have worked in the restaurant and culinary community for quite some time in Jacksonville, and we have built a reputation as hardworking, honest, creative and business savvy entrepreneurs, with strong community support. We have worked on our business plan with others in the Jax Food Truck Community, and are able to learn from them about the obstacles and how to overcome them to become successful. We have fully researched all permits and requirements of the City, and the State, and will be fully compliant immediately after we find our truck. Hard work goes in to being a pioneer in the culinary industry, and we are thirsty for hard work!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)