About this project
IT'S NO FABLE; breastfeeding is one of the most natural and valuable acts a mother can do for her child. Dramatic health benefits have been proven to pass from mother to child in infancy and beyond, as well as long-term health benefits to the mother. Natures magic - free, and in attractive packaging!
Yet, breastfeeding comes with some natural challenges, and as any nursing mother knows, its almost impossible to be efficient, attractive and productive with the current products on the market.
- Women spend a lifetime propping up their breasts, making them sexy and giving them shape. Now, your twins have an important job - to feed a baby. But they can still look good in the process.
- Nursing bras don't adjust to your constantly changing size, whether engorged or drained - your breasts can fluctuate an entire cup size, making it difficult to have a comfortable fit.
- Most women choose to pump, and have tried a hands free pumping bra, however to do this, they must change in and out of their nursing bra into a handsfree pumping bra 3-6 times a day. What a waste of time!!
- Handsfree pumping bras offer the ease and convenience of multitasking, but they are inherently unattractive. Just because you had a baby, doesn't mean you have to wear such an archaic and unflattering looking device. A sexy mom is a happy mom.
- Simultaneous nursing and pumping offers immediate and future nourishment for your babe, and there are no attractive solutions currently on the market. If you could nurse and pump at the same time, you could save as much as an hour a day.
The result is that many women throw in the towel early (or in fairy speak, retire their wings). But The Dairy Fairy can help bring the beauty back to breastfeeding and even hands free pumping.
As a single, working and breastfeeding mom I suffered all the same challenges and pitfalls that most nursing moms experience. Necessity is the mother of invention, and so, I set out to create a solution that would help all nursing moms around the world.
I shared my idea with lactation consultants and other nursing moms and they thought it was brilliant. I attended the biggest juvenile tradeshow and met with bloggers who couldn’t wait to inform their readers, and editors who wanted to feature the bra once it was available. I truly believe that once I have the product ready to go, I will have an army of breastfeeding supporters who will want to share this product that helps women enjoy the beauty of breastfeeding.
The first Dairy Fairy pioneers are my wear testers. Twenty lovely and generous women who allowed me to come into their homes, use their “twins” and meet their little babes. I conducted 2 rounds of wear testing to ensure that the fit and functionality were on the same level as the beauty and comfort of the bra.
They all loved the bra, wanted to keep it, sleep in it and wear it every day.
The roundup of Fairy lovers continues on our FB fan site www.facebook.com/thedairyfairyworld
Ta da! The Arden all in one bra.
A revolutionary, patent pending, all in one magical garment that will help women beautify, enjoy and extend their nursing and pumping experience. There's nothing else like it.
The Arden all in one bra in action:
Revolutionary design with many magical features:
- Cross over cover panels can close on the furthest link to tighten the cup and fit, or on the closest link to loosen the cup, providing almost a FULL CUP size of adjustment. This is very helpful for women who might have different sized breasts, or to accommodate for a full/engorged breast, versus an empty one.
- Efficient and convenient – wear this bra all day into night, no need to disrobe and change several times a day, like with other hands-free pumping bras, saving you as much as a half hour a day!
- Both sides are independent, so you can nurse on one side and pump on the other.
- Made of soft cotton lycra for comfort.
- Built in “reminder” on which breast was last used, depending on which side is closed on top.
- Sexy and appealing design with a contrast crème elastic lace trim.
- Comfortable, with a "sports bra" like fit that you can wear all day and even sleep in and fits comfortably regardless of if you are a 32B or a 40G
Regular nursing bras cost anywhere from $45-80, and a hands free bra can run another $39. Why not invest $68 in JUST one bra that can do it all?!
The Arden comes in 5 easy to fit sizes - XS-XL, which covers the majority of nursing moms. We've come up with this handy chart to help you pick the right size, and if this is a gift, it can be used as a guide, but we promise to make sure your lucky gift recipient is happy with the size they receive.
The Arden bra will be offered in in a neutral Nude with creme - perfect under your light colored tops, as well as the Black with creme trim - more playful and sexy and perfect with your black outfits.
We have accounted for 90 days for order fulfillment to allow for best possible material sourcing, QA and pack and ship.
THE FUN STUFF (AKA REWARDS)
Even if you are not a nursing mom, chances are you know someone who is nursing or pregnant, and this amazing bra would be a fantastic gift that any recipient would be grateful to have.
WHERE WE ARE AND HOW YOUR MONEY WILL HELP
- We have perfected our prototype.
- We have a full size run that has been fit to over 25 women
- We have a patent pending, a trademark and a website that can support e-commerce
Your funding will
- Pay for packaging design, product manufacturing and updated photography.
- Enable us to seed the product with lactation consultants and trusted bloggers and industry influencers, enabling them to be our brand ambassadors and share the magic.
- Improve our marketing materials and support our participation in community events and promotions.
So, for the sake of all nursing moms out there, please help The Dairy Fairy fly...
And a special thank you to: my team (Jaymi & Francisco) that helped bring a concept to realty. Matt L. who needs to learn how to say no. The amazingly supportive women in my life (specifically my mom and aunt) who allow me to pursue my quest without judgment. To my Aba, whose entrepreneurial spirit continues through me. To Jason, who embraced me, baby and all - you are truly a knight in shining armor. And finally to the greatest joy of my life, Arden, who makes me whole.
Risks and challenges
The hardest part is behind us! We have figured out all the technical solutions to ensure this bra delivers on all of its promises. We also have a lingerie factory ready to start producing as soon as we give the go ahead.
There's always a chance that the unexpected will happen; delays in transportation, or a natural disaster (God forbid) but other then that, we feel very safe with delivering all of our rewards on time, on budget, and to the satisfaction of all nursing moms!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)