THANK YOU!!! Thank you to everyone who was holding me and this campaign in their heart, everyone who made a contribution, everyone who shared, and especially everyone who helped me believe this was all possible...
This book is really happening and I can't wait to share it with you!!!!
There are only hours to go, and any funds raised now will go towards creating an AUDIO BOOK which so many of you have requested and something I would LOVE to create.
In addition, funds raised beyond $10,000 will go towards putting on YOGA, KIRTAN, and BOOK READING events for the release in 2017.
I would love to come to your city and meet you in person!
Follow the green "Back this Project" button on the top right of this page to save your early copy of Synchronicity!
I wrote this book for people everywhere to trust in their intuition and larger-than-life dreams.
The book tells my story of traveling through India to visit the ashrams of gurus and spiritual teachers; how I learned to listen to my inner guidance, face my fears and trust that if I took a leap, the universe would catch me.
This book will help you come to life. I want you to find an unshakable belief in your own dreams. I want you to know you can trust your inner guidance, even if it is telling you to do something 'crazy' (like drop everything to travel halfway around the world and meditate)...
The book shown in the video and photos is a demo mockup to give you a taste of the design. I am now raising funds for copyediting, inside page & cover design, publishing and printing costs (Total of $10,000, see breakdown below).
Thank you so much for pledging to make this project a reality!
Lying in savasana in a yoga class in New York City, I began to see a new vision for my life:
I saw myself teaching yoga, using the power of my voice to help others relieve stress and tension. I saw myself in India, meditating in the presence of gurus and teachers, and I saw myself living in California, amidst the redwood trees and near the expanse of the Pacific ocean.
But at the time, my life looked completely different. I was spending 40-50 hours per week in front of a computer pursuing a degree in photography, art history and design. I often had headaches and jaw tension that led me to seek out the support of doctors and I was terrified of sharing my voice and being seen.
I had no idea where to begin with this vision I had been given, but I continued to show up at the one place where I found relief from stress: my yoga mat. I was ready to live a life full of deeper meaning, service and love.
I deepened my practice of yoga and meditation, and soon began to connect to a love within myself that gave me the courage to take a leap. I was ready to trust in my dreams.
A few months later I found myself on a plane, moving to California, and a few months after that I was on another plane, ready to begin a solo pilgrimage through India.
Every step I took to face my fears, I was met with magic and synchronicity. The chain of events I experienced linked together in an almost too perfect way... It felt like I was being guided by a greater force that made me feel alive.
While in India, a man handed me a notebook one day and said: "Meredith you're going to write a book one day, and I got you this to start."
At first the idea felt impossible, but after experiencing the love, magic and synchronicity of my travels, I knew I at least needed to give it a shot.
Now here I am, five years later, and I wrote a book.
Your contribution will go towards the $10,000 needed for copy-editing, design, and the first print run. Please enjoy the book and other rewards for your offering.
I hope my journey and this book support you in manifesting your dreams. Thank you for helping fund this project.
Follow the green “Back this Project” button on the top right or choose any of the reward boxes on the right to become a supporter now.
The book has been accepted to publish with She Writes Press, an all women's hybrid publishing house based out of Berkeley, CA. I will hire the team at She Writes for copyediting, design and printing. They will use their partnerships for distribution to bookstores.
A portion of every book sold will go to Amma's organization, Embracing the World®, Empowering Women.
Project Budget Breakdown:
Copyediting & Proofreading: $1300
- This will improve the formatting, style, and final content of text
The Publishing Team: $4900
- Custom interior and cover design
- E-book file preparation
- Distribution to trade accounts
- Management of distribution relationships
- Copyright filing
- Warehousing for the first year
- Fulfillment of future orders
- Management of title metadata
- Ongoing project management of the book
First Print Run of Books: $2000
- Depending on final page count after copyediting and design, this will cover costs for a first print run between 500 and 1000 books
Shipping Costs: $1000
- Note - Free shipping is included in the reward amounts. There is a small fee for shipping from the US to other countries
Kickstarter + Credit Card Fees: $800
- Flat 5% for Kickstarter and 3-5% for credit card processing
Each chapter of the book begins with a mantra, and throughout the story you learn the meaning. A few examples of the chapters: Om Namah Shivaya, Sat Chit Ananada, Om Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu, Om Shanti, Om Gum Ganapataye Namaha, and Jai Hanuman.
I share seeds of wisdom I learned from being immersed in the teachings of Amma, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sai Baba, and Osho among others.
Choose from an assortment of rewards including the book (Free shipping in the US). The rewards are designed to support you to align with divine purpose and cultivate self-love:
- $10 - Guided Meditation Video
- $20 - 3 Affirmation Posters
- $35 - The Book!
- $50 - Signed Book!
- $75 - Signed Book + Personal Note
- $150 - Signed Book + Self-Care Gifts (Limited to 7)
- $195 - Signed Book + Coaching Session (Limitied to 8)
- $222 - Signed Book + 40 Day Meditation Practice (Limited to 11)
- $250 - Signed Book + Art Direction on the Book Design (Limited to 3)
- $550 - Signed Book + 3 Coaching Sessions (Limited to 3)
- $950 - Two Signed Books + Self-Care Weekend Retreat (Limited to 2)
Reaching a Stretch Goal of $12,000 Will Enable:
- A book tour of yoga & book reading events!
Reaching a Stretch Goal of $14,000 Will Enable:
- PR & marketing support during the book release
- Funding for future print runs
Your pre-order today will help make this book available for so many more people to benefit from the teachings in the future.
Follow the green “Back this project” button at the top right of this page (or choose any of the reward boxes on the right) to become a supporter now!
Join me on:
- Monday, October 24th at 8 pm in Berkeley, CA at The Dhamma Pad for a Kirtan & Book Reading
- Friday, November 4th (Last day of the campaign) at 6:30 pm in Sebastopol, CA at The dhyana Center for a Yin Yoga Class, Book Reading & Celebration
- Audio and video book readings will also be shared throughout the campaign as 'updates'
To set up a book reading please contact here.
Meredith Rom has supported women from around the world to manifest their dreams. Last Spring, she led a transformational yoga and leadership retreat in Bali, Indonesia and for the last year and a half has been working with an editor to finish this latest version of her manuscript.
In addition to writing and teaching yoga, she coaches women to rise into leadership and hosts the Rising Women Leaders podcast. Her business is founded on the belief that self-love grants us the freedom to live beyond our fears, take bigger leaps, and more fully share our gifts with the world...
She has been featured on Elephant Journal, Over the Moon Mag, Ladies Who Lead, and YogiTimes among others. You can follow her daily posts on Instagram @meredithrom and download her free Live Your Vision guide on her website.
Special Thank You To:
- Michael Zeligs of Startmotionmedia for the campaign video
- The dhyana Center in Sebastopol, CA for donating the space for the first book reading event (Join us on Nov. 4th!)
- The ladies at In Her Image Photography and Elisha Yarrington for their photography
- Abbey Campbell Cook for sharing about her publishing journey with me
- She Writes Press for their belief in this project
- Annie Tucker for her keen eye as an editor
- Lindsay Fleming for offering valuable feedback on the first draft of the manuscript
- Karen Prosen and her partner for offering their home and support in the video creation
Risks and challenges
I have already come so far in this project, I am confident in taking the final steps of copyediting, design and printing. I now know exactly what I need to move through any challenge, fear or doubt that may arise: accountability and support.
Having an audience ready to read the book will ensure this project comes to completion. I already have a team of experts ready to support me in taking this book through the final stages of publishing.
In the unlikely case that I don't reach my funding goal, I will actively seek out other forms of funding to bring this book to completion.
The manuscript, layout team, and fulfillment systems are all in place. I look forward to sharing the finished product with you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)