Suzak is a unique chair that is comfortable, versatile, health friendly, easy to transport and easy to wash. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on January 16, 2013.
About this project
The Suzak is a chair that’s like no other chair in the market today. Beautiful design with more to it than meets the eye:
- Unique comfort: Traditional chairs offer one or few seating positions and after a while, the person seated gets tired. The Suzak is made out of a special spandex-like fabric that will adapt to multiple seating positions. Feeling tired? Just change position and the Suzak will adapt to you.
- Versatile: The Suzak looks great in all types of contexts and spaces. Living rooms, decks, balconies, entertainment rooms and more are all great places for your Suzak chair. Did you know that it can also be used outside? Even with direct sunlight, the chair does not get hot (even in black)!
- Customizable: With its 6 color options for the 3 separate elements of the chair, the initial offer has 216 different possibilities, so you can choose the combination of colors that suits your needs.
Please enter this link to see our custom chair visualizer:
- Heavy Duty: The Suzak chair is made to last. Its frame is made out of high caliber steel, the cover is made out of heavy duty elastic fabric and the shock cords are used in nautical sports. In normal use, the Suzak will stand years of use and still look good.
- Health Friendly: The cover of the Suzak is made out of a breathable, spandex-like fabric, that prevents the concentration of dust mites and allergens that normally live in the fabric and foam of traditional upholstered chairs.
The cover is also easy to wash! You can take the cover off and throw it in the washing mashing.
- Easy to transport: The Suzak comes in a flat box and only takes 4 small steps to assemble it. This will take around 4 minute. Disassembling takes the same amount of time.
Medium SUZAK Chair
Large SUZAK Chair
Risks and challenges
This project started almost 3 years ago, and has been through a number of prototypes to get to the actual design. We have mid-process prototypes and final prototypes at both of our places for over a year and all of them have been used and abused. Design is finished and requires no changes. The hardest part of this process has been developing the cover of the chair and it has been finished. Our main challenges today are production and assembly and we have placed the KS dates having this in mind.
We have a supplier for the cover who is ready to produce and has a large production capacity. We have made the chair frame but we haven’t yet found a supplier capable of reacting to a possible large demand. We have spoken to some US and Colombian frame producers but have yet to select our final supplier.
So far, the assembly has been made individually, however we are aware that this must be adapted to mass production. The location of the frame producer defines where the assembly and shipping process will be made. This will also represent a future challenge for the project which involves: 1 ) procuring assembly personnel; 2) setting up a place to pack; 3) doing quality inspection; and 4) to ship the goods.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (40 days)