VR Flight Simulator - PlayStation 4 PSVR (Canceled)
VR Flight Simulator - PlayStation 4 PSVR (Canceled)
VR Flight Simulator is a video game where you can fly in a small plane above several beautiful landscapes in virtual reality.
VR Flight Simulator is a video game where you can fly in a small plane above several beautiful landscapes in virtual reality. Read more
The aim of this project is to create a PlayStation 4 PSVR version of the "VR Flight Simulator" game which I first designed for mobile devices and low-cost headsets.
Pledgers will receive the PS4 digital version of the game or the Android or iOS version. They will also have the chance to obtain exclusive rewards, such as playing with Alpha or Beta versions of the game, being mentioned in the credits (name and photo), selecting the landscape locations of additional levels or having their logo shown when launching the game.
VR Flight Simulator is an arcade-game in which you can fly in a small plane above several beautiful landscapes in virtual reality.
In the current mobile version the following landscapes are available:
- The Alps and Mt Blanc (France/Italy)
- Guadeloupe (French Caribbean Island)
- Kilimandjaro (Kenya)
- Perito Moreno (Argentina)
- Grand Canyon (USA)
- Mt Cook mountains (New Zealand)
- Ha Long bay (Vietnam)
- Tahiti (French Pacific Island).
Features / Gameplay and mechanics brief
- Immersive Virtual Reality experience
- Take off/landing from several various sceneries
- Accurate plane model with advanced flight dynamics modeling airfoil
- Arcade/Simplified aircraft controls making it usable for everyone as easily as possible (Increase/Decrease throttle, control yaw/roll/pitch, Gears up/down, engine ignition, brake)
Screenshots (mobile version)
Development status and targeted platforms
A mobile version of the game is available on the Android and iOS platforms and on Idealens K2 headset (Free and Paid version).
The next milestone is to develop a PS4 version with specific content.
The game is designed with the Unity 3D engine with 3rd party content under license.
Ambitions / Exclusive gameplay add-ons for PlayStation 4
- Enhance graphics, resolution and performances for PlayStation 4
- Adapt the game to PSVR and PS Dual-shock gamepad
- Non-VR playing mode to be able to also play without the PSVR
- Free-Flight mode: gameplay mode already available on mobile devices
- Exploration mode: find an item in a limited time
- Score mode: crush balloons targets with various scores
- Time attack mode: race as fast as possible between balloon tracks and avoid obstacles
- Add new landscapes
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Laminar Research X-Plane
- Activision Gee Bee Air Rallye
Monetization model (may change depending on crowdfunding result)
- Free to play version with only one level/landscape
- Full version (scenery, gameplay) addons
- March 2017: Idealens K2 version (Released)
- June 2017: Android version on Google Store (Released)
- August 2017: iOS version on Apple Store (Released)
- October 2017: Android and iOS Kickstarter versions
- December 2017: PS4 alpha version
- March 2018: PS4 beta 1 version
- June 2018: PS4 beta 2 version
- September 2018 : PS4 full version
Crowdfunding purpose (Why do I need your help ?)
I've developed the Android and iOS versions of the game. I'm now also registered as a PlayStation 4 developer and have a Pro license for Unity for PS4, but to be given the chance to continue, it appears that it needs a lot more initial financial investment, among which development material, but also age rating system registration for multiple countries that can cost a lot for an indie developer.
Mandatory development material (2400 euros):
- Acquisition of a PlayStation 4 Pro Development Kit (2000 euros)
- Acquisition of a PlayStation PSVR headset (400 euros)
Mandatory age rating system registration (1155 euros):
- ESRB System Registration for America (Free)
- PEGI Age rating system for Europe except Germany (1155 euros)
Kickstarter+Partner fee+Taxes (~35% 3600): estimated at 1250 euros
Total for America + Europe (except Germany), includes mandatory dev hw+age rating+kickstarter fee+taxes = 4800 euros
Optional - Additional age rating system registration:
- COB System Registration for Australia (610 euros)
- USK System Registration for Germany (1200 euros)
- CERO System Registration for Japan (to be estimated + 3rd party)
- GRAC System Registration for South Korea (740 euros + 3rd party)
- CSRR System Registration for Taiwan (to be estimated)
- DEJUS System Registration for Brazil (to be estimated)
By supporting this indie game, you have the opportunity to be an actor in the virtual reality gaming revolution and be one of the first to get the game before its release at a lower cost with minimum risk (take a look at possible rewards). Of course you also need a PSVR headset if you want to get the full potential of the game but it will also be playable without the headset and you can also enjoy the mobile version of the game on Android or iOS.
I live in France near Rennes in Brittany. I’m a software engineer, and I’m passionate about new technologies and video games. After several years' working in a professional flight simulation company, I’ve decided to create video games on my own as a self-entrepreneur, at first taking 1/5 of my work time for it. Unfortunately I could not live with a reduced salary, so I'm back to 100% to my primary job, and now making games only as a hobby-business. So far, I've published several games on several platforms and most of them are virtual reality games. In some of them, I've been helped independently by SebL, a 15 years' experience graphic artist.
Here is the list of the games I've released until now:
- Rafale Attacks (free small shoot-them-Up for PC/Mac)
- Color Match 3D (iOS and Android)
- VR Experience (iOS, Android and Idealens K2)
- VR Experience 4 Oculus Rift (PC/Mac with Oculus Rift)
- Quantic Rift (PC Oculus Rift FPS - unpublished)
- VR Racing (iOS, Android and Idealens K2)
- Color Match VR K2 (VR version of Color Match 3D for Idealens K2)
- VR Flight Simulator (Idealens K2, Android and iOS)
If you are a VR enthusiast, you can purchase those games or download their free versions by following the links on my website from the Google Play, Apple Store or WearVR stores: http://www.ideoservo.com
Risks and challenges
I'm a software engineer, with almost 20 years' experience, so once I have been funded, you can be assured that you will receive a product that lives up to the best of my work and that you will also receive all your rewards / mentions in the credits.
As written before, I am seeking funding to be given the chance to create a game for the PS4 starting from a game already working on Android and iOS.
I have a passion for gaming and VR and your money will allow me to buy the hardware and fees needed to fully develop this game but also will make you part of the story.
- (32 days)