Project Olabbor - A Pathfinder RPG Setting
Project Olabbor - A Pathfinder RPG Setting
A fully realized high fantasy setting with steampunk elements for the Pathfinder RPG.
A fully realized high fantasy setting with steampunk elements for the Pathfinder RPG. Read more
About this project
The Encyclopedia of Olabbor is be a complete campaign setting, containing 12 unique races, detailed locations, detailed cultures, an overview of the political environment, world specific classes, world specific plants and animals, new spells, magical items, mundane equipment, and much more. Every last piece of the world will be richly detailed, and much of it is already finished. The Encyclopedia only needs money for high quality artwork, and publishing costs along with a few more months of work and it could be on store shelves, a pdf on Amazon, and in your hands.
Now Officialy Compatable with the Pathfinder RPG!
What is Olabbor?
Olabbor is a setting meant for use with the Pathfinder RPG. It is fully developed and realized, containing everything from origins of the world, to religions, to races, and even unique plants, animals, and minerals. It features exotic locations which are populated by 12 unique races and detailed out with enough depth and complexity to allow for the greatest possible amount of storytelling all without impeding actual game play.
Olabbor was created to appeal to the sense of wonder which many of today's settings seem to ignore. The setting draws heavily upon the inspirational works of the film Treasure Planet, the old Spelljammers setting, wild west films, as well as the best of classic western fantasy. It is a game setting designed for roleplayers by roleplayers, using 4 years of solid weekly gameplay as the basis for the world's creation.
An Interview with the Developers
Blogger Adrian Delgado asked us some questions for an interview on his blog. You can read his article on our project here.
Points of Interest
The Jetstream - Instead of the planes existing in parallel dimensions, in Olabbor they are vast islands connected to the world by a twisting helix of waterways which stretch out to the farthest stars.
Clockworks - From pocket watches to vast orbiting cities born aloft by mechanical contraptions and spellcraft, there is more to Olabbor's world than magic alone.
Nonstandard Races - Each of Olabbor's 12 races has been created with loving devotion, so as to make them unique and distinct. They are more then just a short human, or a human with funny ears. The races of Olabbor range from reptiles, mammals, insects, and even automatons and sentient oozes.
A World in Decline - Olabbor's history and story is fraught with danger and mystery. It has been designed for the odds to be stacked against its inhabitants, with threats from the stars above, and hell quite literally below with little aid from the gods.
Why we Need Money
Without any additional funding Olabbor would be a very bare bones publication. Our incomes do not contribute enough to pay for the high quality artwork and publishing costs for any book, let alone an undertaking like the world of Olabbor. All money donated will go towards obtaining the following list of items:
- High Quality artwork - races, important locations, illustrations, book design...
- Publishing costs - Editor fees, publishing fees, cost of mailing manuscripts... Also pending success, the cost of printing hardcover editions.
- Consultants - Because math is hard we want to hire out a good mathematician to look over our work.
- Office supplies - Anything needed to keep track of the information which will become Olabbor physically and digitally.
- Legal Fees - We may require a business license, and there may be royalties we must pay out for some future projects this current project may spawn, as well as any unforeseen hassles from the law.
- Videos - We plan on streamlining and creating video presentations to keep you up to date on our progress and to give everyone a taste of what is to come. They would greatly benefit from a modern camera, and some basic video creation software and tools.
- Miscellaneous Items - These are small things which will be done if we are over funded, such as setting up a website for Olabbor and commissioning extra artwork, as well as funding more source books, along with any other useful bits which may enhance the world of Olabbor.
The Extra Mile
These are some of the things we can do if we are over funded.
$15,000 - The DM Toolkit will be added to every reward package.
$20,000 - A Special Edition DM Toolkit will replace the standard one given out, which will be customized for use in Olabbor based games
$25,000 - We will open a store on Shapeways which will sell Olabbor related items as they are designed. Miniatures for example.
$25,000+ - Everyone who donated $50 or more will be given an exclusive packet of information which will allow them to create characters as a member of the most powerful Knight Order of Olabbor. The Packet will contain a unique prestige class, artifacts, weapons, and other in game items, along with printable heraldic writs which will kindly inform the DM that the setting's creators are cool with you having the superior equipment at start.
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge in creating this setting is coming up with fun and original ideas for not just the basics of the world but everything within it. With a combined gaming experience of 25 years, a library full of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror novels, and the dedicated work of our creative team we can and will deliver our intended world into the hands of gamers everywhere.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)