I've spent the last month or so wiring money around to get all the various manufacturing steps done. And it's almost done.
- The cartridges have been made by Nintendo in Japan and shipped across the ocean by freighter. They are waiting in LA to be picked up, as soon as the shipping company receives the payment I just sent them today.
- The printing (manual and cover slip) is totally done. I have the 1000 LIMITED EDITION cover slips in my possession right now for signing and numbering here with Tom in Ohio (I'm visiting my parents, and he's in Ohio too). They look great. Lauren and I have numbered about 400 so far, and Tom and I are meeting to sign them on Monday at his studio space.
- The packager (who will assemble the boxes with all printed parts and the cartridges, and shrink-wraps each box) is lined up and ready to go, as soon as the cartridges are released from the shipping yard and we're done signing the cover slips for the limited edition. The plan is to have the 125 cartons (6000 units) arrive at my house by freight truck the week of August 6.
- I have all the special items and packaging materials (secrets!) for the limited edition ready for when all the manufacturing is done.
- Lauren has been ordering loads of flat rate mailing envelopes and Customs Declaration forms from the post office (you can only order so many per order). They're piling up in our storage room.
I think that about covers where we're at.
And in the midst of all this, I've also been busily finishing up my next game... which will be announced soon.
seconds to go
- (16 days)