Hi there! Thanks for checking out INKspire’s Kickstarter campaign. We hope you’ll join us and become a part of this amazing initiative.
What is INKspire?
INKspire is a non-profit organization that strives to inspire and engage youth (ages 14-29) by providing a dedicated publishing platform where young people can learn from one another, share their stories, thoughts and ideas while connecting with other youth around the world. INKspire hopes to encourage youth engagement in current global affairs and provide opportunities for young writers, journalists, and artists to showcase their talents.
As a non-profit, any money INKspire makes will only be reinvested back into making INKspire better.
How Does INKspire Work?
Each month, INKspire will focus on a topic or issue to be explored through our three platforms: Arts, Social Issues and Science & Innovations. Youth will be able to submit content that align with our monthly topic in a variety of mediums (e.g. article, artwork, poetry, etc.) within our three platforms.
- INKspire Articles. Our very own writers will regularly publish articles that aim to inspire and engage readers in a wide variety of topics.
- Moderated Submissions. INKspire will accept and publish submissions that are in tune with the organization's vision and mission. All submissions will be moderated by INKspire editors before being published to the website.
- Youth Profiles. We acknowledge outstanding youths by publishing profiles that highlight accomplishments and great works in progress.
- Featured Organizations. INKspire will involve organizations and foundations whose goals and philosophies are in line with our monthly topic.
Youth lack a dedicated platform to voice their opinions and ideas and are in need of a medium where they can take a stand on issues they care about. We believe that youth can make a positive contribution to the world by adding unique insights to national and global matters. Not only will young people be able to share their knowledge and express themselves through INKspire, but they will also gain new perspectives and learn from their peers. INKspire will also be a gateway for stakeholders, key leaders and individuals to learn more about youth perspectives on different topics and issues.
We believe the main reason behind the lack of youth voices worldwide is that there are limited opportunities for youth publication. As a result, youth input on important national and global topics are significantly underrepresented in the media. Looking at the major news agencies and publishing platforms of today, we see that the majority, if not all, of them, are written by and catered to an older audience. This is why we created INKspire: to empower youth voices and have their opinions heard and valued by the entire global community.
Preview (Working Prototype)
Mobile and Tablet Friendly
Users are able to read approved content on any device (mobile, tablet, desktop). The site will be fully responsive using HTML5 and CSS3 technologies.
Content Management System
We make it easy for our users to submit content and for our editors to moderate submissions. Users can create their own profile where they have the ability to submit new posts, see their posts' status (pending, approved or rejected), and edit their profile. INKspire editors will moderate all incoming submissions and provide feedback when needed.
Why We Need Your Help
- Development and Design. We want to continue working on INKspire in 2016 by adding more features and revamping our current design. We plan to release the platform to the general public in April 2016.
- Marketing. INKspire depends on user-generated content and our success will not only depend on our platform but also the reach of the organization.
- Infrastructure and Server. We need to ensure that the platform will be able to support the proper number of connections and users by upgrading our current server and hosting plan.
The People Behind INKspire
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge with a major software project like INKspire is releasing the product on time. To mitigate delays, we set milestones and schedules that we regularly follow while prioritizing necessary features for our launch. We will also keep our backers in the loop once we reach certain milestones.
Another challenge is marketing INKspire to the public and making sure that we reach our target audience. We’ve been presenting INKspire to key leaders, various organizations and youth groups in the community. However, we know this type of marketing has its limitations. This is where Kickstarter’s global network can help INKspire reach a greater audience. We also have plans for expanding our networking efforts to national organizations and key leaders across Canada.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)