TOOB Immersive Dome Display
TOOB Immersive Dome Display
What's after 3D? TOOB "D" or in simple terms curved screens. TOOB is an affordable curved dome screen.
What's after 3D? TOOB "D" or in simple terms curved screens. TOOB is an affordable curved dome screen. Read more
About this project
PLEASE NOTE: You can donate in any currency.
Product information - www.thinkoutofbox.com
WHAT IS THE PLAN?
TOOB plans to manufacture and sell the world’s first affordable dome displays. TOOB has spent the last 2 years developing its 2nd generation product TOOB Earth.
WHAT IS TOOB Earth?
TOOB Earth is a 1.2 Metre (4ft) diameter half dome which when used with a standard projector** fitted with a standard lens can project an image onto the inside curved surface giving the viewer the sense of being fully immersed in the content.Think IMAX/ OMNI MAX but in the home.
One of the key differentiator's is that the projector and screen are all contained within the same footprint meaning you no longer need to compromise on space.
TOOB Earth is the first in a range of dome products planned and will be the foundation for the world’s first consumer focused Gaming/ Simulation/ Film curved screen company. Its uniquely patented design allows you to place your dome on any hard surface or on our GRAVITY-E adjustable stand.
Using the GRAVITY-E stand adds a further layer of flexibility as it then allows you to either use TOOBs brand new TSR/ TFX & M-spec simulation rigs
or use many existing racing or flight rigs which can be comfortably slide underneath. Or simply use the GRAVITY-E as a furniture piece in your room for watching stereo 3D movies.
TOOB is well suited for the corporate environment and this is a great opportunity to get a TOOB and be one of the first to showcase TOOB Dome technology with your business. Our 007 reward shows how you can take a TOOB product and customise it with a unique brand or design. In April 2011 TOOB attended the Gadget Show Live in Birmingham (UK) visted by over 40,000 tech hungry guests. TOOB was so popular it increased footfall on our partners stand by thousands. The increased footfall generated more sales. We gave 1400 demos during the event. That guarenteed 1400 more potential customers + the 1000s of people that stoped to look at our technology.
(T.O.O.B. LTD acknowledges all rights, copyrights and trademarks of 3rd parties, the above image is an artists illustration only)
WHERE ARE YOU NOW?
The founders have taken the company from concept to a pre-production stage, but need your help to purchase the tooling and raw materials in volume to enable the first production runs. With tooling in place the company can then take commercial orders and the momentum you will create will carry the company into the next phase, which is full scale production.
WHAT DOES ** MEAN?
**Many projectors are compatible with TOOB however it is recommended that you contact your manufacturer to ensure it meets the required specifications. TOOB has a certified product section on the website showing certified projectors. CERTIFIED PRODUCTS
IMPORTANT - QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
To show our appreciation for your donations TOOB plans rewards, "thank you", gifts which reflect the level of donations you give. Below we set out some important questions and answers to ensure transparency prior to your donation being made.
What have you produced to date?
- TOOB to date has produced only prototypes of the TOOB Earth product.
Do your prototypes actually work and can I see one?
- These prototypes are fully operational and are available for demonstration in San Francisco California or Livingston Scotland. Please contact us if you would like to visit.
The prototypes don’t look the same as the images seen in the video and on the website?
- The prototypes whilst closely resemble, do not match exactly the design of the production models and are intended as proof of concept only.
The pictures in the video and on the website don’t look real?
- The images shown in the video and on the website are renders of the production products taken from the actual production design 3D models and not actual photos.
What if my thank you gift does not resemble the images shown?
- TOOB reserves the right to alter or change the design of any of our products at any time prior to supply of any product related thank you gifts. Any changes if any we may make will be to improve the product and the experience of our users.
What is the company’s current financial position?
- TOOB is a start-up company and therefore is not currently in profit, all of the money raised to date approximately $160,000, has come from its founders and been used for research & development of the prototype products and to prepare TOOB for manufacturing.
Does TOOB have manufacturers?
- Yes, we are working with several very reputable manufacturing companies that have expertise in their particular fields, these companies are based in the UK & New Zealand. These relationships are governed by Non-disclosure agreements and Letters of understanding.
Is my thank you gift guaranteed?
- Whilst every effort will be made to supply all thank you gifts. We cannot guarantee the thank you gifts; ultimately you are giving a donation in expectation of receiving a thank you gift. The thank you gift is not an enticement to give a donation: it is a "thank you" gift for your support at this very early stage.
How will I know what’s happening?
- TOOB will make every effort to update our supporters through our social networks, our website and at times directly via email to show you where your funds have been used and have made a difference.
How long do I need to wait before I receive the product gifts?
- Once TOOB receives the donations, it is estimated to be approximately 9 months before the first TOOB Earth units can be produced.
What if it’s not 9 months?
- As with any new product being produced there are a number of variables and unknowns, whilst we have given an approximate timescale please note that the period of time may be shorter than 9 months or longer. We will keep our donators informed of progress.
Do I get a projector?
- The TOOB earth thank you gift is NOT supplied with a projector unless specified in the reward.
Is delivery included?
- The TOOB earth thank you gift does NOT come with delivery included unless specified in the reward. Delivery will be charged in addition and prior to dispatch of your reward.
How much will it cost to deliver?
- Box dimensions for the TOOB Earth reward are approximately L - 4.26 ft (1300mm) x W - 2.78 ft (850mm) x H - 2.46 ft (750mm) - Weight 20Ibs (9KG) This information can be used to estimate your shipping costs via a major courier site. Product will be shipped from the USA & UK.
It’s a gift am I liable for import duties and tax?
- It is your responsibility to check with your governments tax regulations. TOOB will NOT be responsible for any import or duty fees applicable to your country of delivery.
Can I donate in any currency?
- Yes. When you donate currency is converted for you.
Support this project
- (60 days)