Hip Hop has changed from what it once was to what it has become thru the effects of sound design and sublime images. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on December 18, 2012.
About this project
My purpose for raising funds would be to cover the following cost
- Camera Gear and Editing equipment, Editor fees, Legal fees, promotional cost for film festivals or entries, and blog campaigning, facebook, twitter (just to name a few site), fees for packaging and shipping of products to backers oversea's, website launching, coffee table book binding, recording and printing cost of the Hip Hop CD featuring the interviewed talent, Print and design of promotional shirts for the project, and Cost for locking down a venue for viewing.
My plan of attack.
- To interview professional sound designers and unsigned super talents in and of the world of HipHop. Asking the defining question that mark the change and challenges that took place within the art over the past 15 years.
- Address DJ's and engineers seeking the opinion on the changes in sound and how it changed the game on and off stage.
- We will interview language professional on use of words and how its shapes and effects the Psych of the listener.
- Exploring the sacred art of graffiti and the minds of the talents behind it.
- Produce a hiphop soundtrack CD of all the features MC talents interviewed in this documentary.
- At the end and with great success of completing this project I will throw a big party with the featured dj and MC's and record a live hip hop video of each song performed for the HIPHOP soundtrack CD which will be shown at the Documentary viewing..
- As the writer and director of this documentary I intent to employ all of my skills and talents into every aspect of the project. That include lighting and sound the key elements to a good quality product.
The above link will give you a peek of what to expect from the completed project...Enjoy
Risks and challenges
One of my challenges here is capturing each talent in the right element so the viewer can feel the realness of the art.
My selected line up of artist and talents and there time schedules there may be a bit of delay or conflict with camera clearance to enter the club or venue ( in my past experiences I was fortunate to have a publicist working with so she did all the talking)
Out of the country shippment for rewards may be a some what of a challenge for me.
I may need to pay the artist a fee for performing on any of the songs used for the CD attached to the project.
CIty permits for graffiti drawn by featured artist.
With all the promoters and DJ's I'm not sure if they will offer me the space to use for the big party. So if need be I would like to rent it out so there is no problem..
This project is for the Children
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (25 days)