Hello, Numenera backers!
Summer is in full swing, and in the tabletop gaming business, that means one thing: Gen Con is on its way! If you’re planning a Gen Con trip, we have a few tidbits for you. But first:
No Thank You, Evil! Is in Its Last Week!
The No Thank You, Evil! Kickstarter has entered its final week. If you have kids, or think/play like a kid, or are thinking about having kids, or know someone who has kids—or know someone who is thinking about having kids—you need to check this out!
All good things must come to an end, and so must this Kickstarter campaign. But there’s still time to check out this awesome new game that brings the creative fun of roleplaying to kids and families. We’ve hit several stretch goals to make the Kickstarter Edition even more awesome—but when the campaign is over, so is your chance to get it!
The Cypher System Rulebook
Love Numenera, but have other favorite settings and genres as well? Ever wish you could run a different campaign using Numenera’s Cypher System rules? We have something cool for you!
The Cypher System Rulebook is our big Gen Con release—in fact, it’s looking like one of the biggest RPG releases of the summer. It’s a 416-page core rulebook that contains the entire Cypher System rules (along with dozens of optional and genre-specific rules) and hundreds of character options, creatures, cyphers, and other resources. It’s everything you need to run virtually any campaign using the Cypher System rules.
As a Numenera fan, you’ll find new descriptors, foci, types, creatures, cyphers, and artifacts you can use in your campaign the minute you crack open the book. Many of the optional genre rules will benefit your campaign as well. There are pages and pages of content you can make use of in your existing game, even if you never take the Cypher System into another genre!
The Cypher System Rulebook releases in early August, but we have a great pre-order deal going on right now: Pre-order the book in print, and get the PDF version with it for free. And because pre-orders have been going through the roof, we’ve even started adding stretch goals!
Want to learn more about the Cypher System Rulebook? We’ve just taken the wraps off the new Cypher System web page!
(Oh, and one more thing: Looking for some cool settings to go with your CSR? Worlds Numberless and Strange, coming out just a couple weeks before, contains 224 pages of awesome worlds for The Strange—all completely compatible with the Cypher System!)
Gen Con Is in Sight
We’re deep into preparations for Gen Con. If you’re coming, we hope you’ll stop by and say hi! Here’s what you need to know:
- We’re in booth 1737—in the middle of the hall.
- The MCG seminar is Thursday at 3:00, in Westin Capital III. The Gen Con event number is SEM1572075. Among other cool things we’re going to unveil, this is where you can catch the first-ever showing of the Numenera short film. Register for this now, before it fills up!
- You might also want to check out Instant Adventure with Monte Cook (SEM1572897). Just sayin’. Saturday at 1:00 in Westin Capital III.
- Our many scheduled games of Numenera and The Strange are sold out, but there are often no-shows—if you have a free slot, grab some generic tickets and stop by. All of our games are in the Marriott Indiana Ballroom F, and there’s a game starting on the hour pretty much through the entire show!
- As I said, we have many scheduled games. We could still use a couple more GMs to help fill out our schedule. (There are a few perks involved!) If you love running Numenera or The Strange, drop a line to David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We’re running demos in our booth for Numenera, The Strange, the Cypher System, and No Thank You, Evil! Stop by if you’d like to try out a game you’re not familiar with, and bring a friend who hasn’t tried our games yet!