About this project
The Cass Clutch's simple and flexible design allows it to transform smoothly from a stylish clutch to a useful tote or briefcase, easily holding a laptop as well as your everyday essentials.
Naming the bag Cass, a nickname both my father and I share is a way for me to honor my past and create something classic, modern and a bit retro, if not downright nostalgic.
The Cass Clutch has a suede body measuring 18" x 18” with no center seams. This gives the bag a smooth finish allowing it to fold so it can be worn under the arm or rest on a table. The trim and handles are leather. The handles are reinforced with metal plates for structure and durability.
The Cass Clutch will release in 3 colors, Lassen Black, Stinson Amber, and Big Sur Green.
Laptop sleeves, pencil/pen pouches and business card cases.
All materials are sourced from California purveyors and every aspect of the Cass Clutch design and assembly takes place in California.
- By supporting the Cass Clutch campaign you will help meet the minimum quantities required to manufacture a first run of the bags, and the cost associated with product development, prototyping and leather-cutting dies.
- Your contribution also supports small businesses and fuels the collaborative, entrepreneurial spirit of our local community.
HERE'S HOW TO DO IT
- Log in or create a Kickstarter account
- Click the green “Back This Project” button at the top of this page
- Choose your pledge level
- Submit payment method
- Details, like shipping information and color preference will be collected via survey after the campaign has met its goal
CREDITS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
I could not have gotten this far with the realization of The Cass Clutch without the help of all of these generous and creative people — many, many thanks to all of you!
Videographers: Noisy Savage
Model: Beverly Jane Peatross
House: Nina and Anthony R.
Lincoln Continental: Skip Zimmerman
Logo And Website Design: Dabito from Old Brand New
Water Color Sketches: Annie Mathew
Debra "Cass" Castellano Szidon
Risks and challenges
The Cass Clutch is poised for production when the campaign goal is fully met. All the leather cutting dies and logo stamps have been made and tested. A leather manufacturing studio has made market-ready prototypes and is standing by to make the first-run of Cass Clutches.
Cass Clutches and companion products are made from dyed leather hides where color and nap will vary from hide to hide.
If any unforeseen production challenges arise, campaign backers will be updated with a mitigation plan.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (40 days)