So, a bit of bad news...
The books are going to be about a week late (at this point) in getting shipped, due to a series of circumstances beyond my control.
It started off pretty minor - the proof should have arrived Friday, but went out a day late and the shipment was scheduled to arrive Monday of this week. Not a huge deal. It was sent by overnight shipping.
Well, I stepped out for a minute on Monday, and UPS decided that it would be a fun day to change things up, and - rather than leave my package for me, as they always do - they'd reroute it to a local convenience store. Now, it was to arrive on Tuesday.
We'll just overlook the fact that this convenience store is SUPER seedy and located on a corner that routinely has a mobile police camera setup because of the number of shootings that happen there, and go with UPS's belief that this is "convenient" for me, and an "enhancement" to their normal delivery service.
Well, it didn't show up yesterday - to this store that I did not ask for or authorize a reroute to - because the address was "undeliverable". So, it went to a nearby city.
We tried to intercept it last night, and could not. They swore up and down that they had set it so it would be delivered to my house today, but the tracking all says it's going to the (apparently undeliverable) convenience store again.
(I'm sparing you all the details of the 2 hours I spent waiting for / talking to their customer service TWICE yesterday).
Assuming the proof comes today, I can approve it and order today, but it won't ship to me before the weekend, as originally planned.
Assuming the proof DOESN'T come today, I'll file a complaint with the publisher and see if they can overnight me another one, which I'd probably get Friday or Monday.
So.. half update, half vent. Sorry about that - keep your fingers crossed!