About this project
Less is More
- Leave your keys behind: Just lock and unlock your door using the Sesame app on your phone. Better yet, open Sesame with a custom knock on your phone or door. Your keys, reinvented.
- Share access: Allow guests in no matter where you are. Control who has access and when.
- Log records: Receive a notification whenever your door opens or closes.
- Installs in seconds: Simply tape Sesame to your door with a single strip of 3M Command tape (supplied). It fits your lock without removing or swapping anything. No tools required.
- Fits all deadbolts: Sesame works with just about any single cylinder deadbolt in the USA/ Canada/ Denmark/ Sweden/ Norway/ Singapore/ Japan/ Malaysia thanks to five-patented self-adjusting mechanisms. Sesame doesn't even need to be exactly at the center of your lock or at any specific angle. It just works with your lock perfectly.
- Long battery life: Sesame lasts about 500 days on lithium batteries (supplied), and sends a notification when the batteries are low.
When you leave the house, you always brings the three things: your keys, your wallet, and your phone. Now, your phone is your keys!
Reported by :
No Tools Required
1. Download the free app.
2. Attach Sesame to your existing lock. (This only takes a few seconds. Really.)
3. That’s it! Celebrate your new, key-free life.
Sesame doesn't even need to be exactly at the center of your lock or at any specific angle. It just works with your lock perfectly.
We're doing what others think is impossible. There’s no need to replace or remove anything. No screwdrivers, no hammers, not even an allen wrench.
Sesame makes magic happen.
Have a weird lock? No problem. Our five-patented design works with just about any single cylinder deadbolt in the world.* For instance, the transforming picture shown below shows more than a dozen of the typical locks in North America. Sesame can perfectly work on these even though they are quite different from each other.
Why You Need It
Make It Even Better
Connect Sesame to the Internet with a WiFi Access Point.
The optional WiFi access point connects Sesame to the Internet without further draining the batteries.
The Wi-Fi Access Point runs open source OpenWrt Linux and uses 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi and a Bluetooth LE 4.0 radio. It’s fully compatible with Arduino IDE v1.5.4 or later -- the ideal choice to connect your Bluetooth devices to your home/mesh Wi-Fi network.
Why It's Safe
Why We Are Better
Sesame, probably the lightest "smart" lock ever designed (5.7 oz / 161 g with two batteries) is super robust on the door. According to 3M, the 3M Command Large double-sided tape has a weight capacity of 5 pounds (2268 g), which is nearly 15 times of Sesame's weight. Never worry that Sesame will fall off. Simply tape Sesame to your door with a single strip of 3M Command tape (supplied), which won't leave a trace when removed [Video].
Campaign Stretch Goals
How We Got Here
From the first to the fifth generation, we are dedicated to making Sesame smaller, smarter and stronger.
CANDY HOUSE Inc. brings you ingenuity directly out of Stanford University. It was founded in 2014 by Jerming Gu (CHE-MING KU, from Taiwan) and Jongho Shin (from Korea), together with their best friends Wei-ting Kuo, Bou-chen Kuo, and Wen-hang Su.
Adam Lisagor, FLUX 3D Printer, Yuqing Pan, Gary Chang, Sungjune Jang(장성준), Leonard Pak, Wanting Huang, Liam Kane-Grade, Chenhao Zhu and Sugino Mako. CANDY HOUSE cannot be here without all of you.
Selected Funny videos from Updates
Risks and challenges
SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS
We expect our manufacturing partner in Taiwan to start production in March 2015 and hope to make our first shipment in April. It’s the Chinese New Year in late February, but we’re talking with our manufacturer to figure out how to minimize its impact on our shipping schedule.
Support this project
- (60 days)