SCPL joins the global Inside Out Project-SCROLL DOWN for more videos!
(TedPrize winner Artist JR). www.insideoutproject.net
These funds will allow us to SCALE (10'X10') UP our installation and add County-Wide public "voting curation" booths to determine monthly Installations over the next 4 months. (An artistic twist on the Fall election season.)
Thanks to a cheaper printing option we recently learned about- $5000.00 will be plenty to run the WHOLE PROJECT!!!!
Videos from our Team below-Click on a face!!
The Library's public will be the Subject, the Viewer AND the Curator.
IF WE MAKE the $5000.00----->
- 1. Black and White Portraits have been taken at the Library, of Library patrons, staff and friends by volunteer Photographers. IF WE ARE SUCCESSFUL HERE, they will be printed out BIG and installed on the OUTSIDE of the Downtown Branch's walls.
- 2. At First Friday August 3rd, we will celebrate with all who have helped make this project happen: The Library Staff, City staff, Library Patrons, students from UCSC, students from Live Oak, Hope Services, Library supporters and YOU!!!
- 3. Starting in August and continuing each First Friday for 4 months, YOU will be able to CURATE the next month's installation by VOTING for your favorite photo on the Library's website, in person at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History or at any of the 10 Library Branches.
What your donations will fund-
1. Large scale printing. We have a partner who is donating the printing at cost, but it still adds up.
2. Materials & labor to build/distribute "Voting Booths" to the Museum of Art & History and each of the 10 Library branches and to hang the photos.
3. Creation of the beautiful project note card rewards for YOU!
Santa Cruz Public Library
Every photo we've taken that turns out well (currently 50+) will be printed out by the Artist JR in France (3x4ft) and mounted on backing board for display in the library, hanging above the stacks. These will permanent but movable additions to the Library. The funds raised in this Kickstarter will go towards the larger scale prints and ongoing "voting booths" that will expand HOW the public interacts with its Library over 4 months. The smaller prints will be able to tour different branches and get out into community events.
Support this project
- (30 days)