Time has flown with Postick on Kickstarter. We've doubled our initial target in two and a half weeks with the current pledge total reaching $8000 today! It's unreal! One moment I'm hoping to cover the basic costs of my first batch and the next moment I'm dreaming big about endless postcard possibilities.
I'm excited (and relieved) to see that there are so many people out there who share my passion for postcards. I have hundreds of ideas for potential developments with Postick and Postcard Happiness and I can't wait to bring them to life.
It's the final countdown this week and the pressure's on for me to make the most of this snowball. With your help, I would like to push it over the edge and watch it roll down the hill.
I know I'm a bit of an optimist but I would love to double our double this week! We have six days before the campaign closes, we have power in numbers and nothing to lose. Anything's possible!
The more people know about Postick, the more likely retailers are to hop on-board, the better my chances are of getting these little labels where people can see them.
· Funding will go into registering and patenting the name and logo with
the serious people (patent lawyers) and getting all the relevant
paperwork and legalities sorted from the start. (Scary for a creative type like
myself but necessary).
· Potential for Postick production in the US
· Quality back-end development of the Postcard Happiness website as a platform so that 1) addresses are protected but accessible. 2) People who receive friendly postcards can have online access to those who sent them kind words. 3) Anyone with a great idea for projects can collaborate via the site. 4) So that a real postcard-loving community can mushroom on Postcard Happiness with no website frustration at all.
We have power in numbers. If each of us does a small bit to boost this campaign in these last few days we can achieve anything we want! Imagine each of us inspired just one person to get posticking?
· Tell your favourite bloggers, journalists and DJs about Postick by sending them this link http://kck.st/KgcSYM this week.
· If you're going to that great little store that stocks clever things, or the retail store, or the photographic store or the online store, tell them about Postick.
· Inspire people who you would like to receive beautiful postcards from to get themselves a little pack while the campaign's still around so that you too can feel postcard happy in the near future.
· Share on facebook, tweet about it and make sure no-one misses out on the only first batch of Posticks EVER!
You've already help me so much with this project. Thank you. I appreciate it massively. I certainly wouldn't be in this position without you :) Thank you also to all of you who have been participating in the Postcard Happiness Project If you know of people who could do with a little postal pick-me-up send me a message from the page and I'll add them to the project with pleasure. The response has been fantastic these last two weeks and I know that the people who are up there at the moment have heaps of happiness coming their way. If you don't know the project yet, have a look. you might like it.
I'm excited for these last six days. Let's make this as amazing as it can possibly be!
Thanks for coming along on this ride with me. See you at the finish-line on the 18th :)