A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
Danceables is an app designed to empower people of all ages and dance abilities to move to their favorite music with fun and confidence.
As an example, knowing that "Uptown Funk" by Bruno Mars is a Cha Cha, "Louie Louie" by The Kingsmen is a Swing, and "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran is a Nightclub 2-Step is an important first step to being a confident dancer. Now imagine being able to see the footprints move in sync with that song allowing you to follow along and move to the music.
The app presently has 11,000 songs listed with the dance associated to each piece of music. This first step reference guide is completed and with your help we will be able to add the next layer allowing the user to click on their favorite song(s), and follow along with the dancing footprints. The user can also personalize the style of feet they use, the background, and the dancer in the corner.
My name is Lance Oliver, the creator of Danceables. I have been teaching and dancing in the ballroom/latin industry for 23 years. What I have observed over this time is that when it comes to dancing, society has taught us that we can either do it or we can't; therefore, getting on the dance floor has become an intimidating part of our lives. Yet dancing should be about fun and confidence; feeling comfortable within ourselves without the need of alcohol (ironic that the popularity of dance really exploded during the prohibition days of the 20's). This app is specifically designed to make dancing fun and easy.
Benefits of Danceables app:
1) Great for all ages and dance ability: If you are a novice or a student of dance, Danceables app will allow you to follow along rather than study the steps.
2) Supports and ties into the music industry: Dancing to your favorite music promotes a desire to listen to music and share it with others. There will be a link within the app to buy your favorite music on iTunes.
3) Music from all decades since 1950: From Frank Sinatra to The Beatles to Beyonce to Justin Timberlake and Aretha Franklin; Christmas music and Disney music. We all have our personal taste for music and style of movement. Danceables will promote your unique choices.
4) Work on your timing: If you want to be more connected with music, this will show you how. For some, hearing music is difficult. Danceables will help you connect movement with music.
5) Happiness: Studies show that music and movement, especially done together, has greatly improved the quality of one's mental, physical and emotional health. Danceables will allow people on their own, with a mate or in a group, obtain happiness from music and dance.
6) Overcome your fear! Anytime you tap your fingers to music, tap your feet or nod your head, you are dancing. Sometimes that is all our fear lets us do when we're attending an event where there is dancing. Danceables gives you that "script" to help you get out there on that dance floor.
Danceables will have two sections within the app: a "learning" section and a "just for fun" section. The "learning" section will be designed for those wanting to eventually dance with a partner. For leads and follows it shows each step, and will advertise local studios wherever the user may be located. The "just for fun" section has different sequences designed for solo dancers from the very basic to a higher level for those who want a nice challenge. Options for background and footprint styles will be available for both sections.
For your generous donation, "rewards" are given. I see them more like gifts. The best reward I can truly give you is a finished, fantastic product. I promise to give my best effort delivering this product to you and the countless many others who will benefit from this app.
Join me on this challenging but very exciting journey!
Lance Oliver - creator of Danceables
Risks and challenges
With augmented reality kicking in along with other advances in technology, there exists a whole world of possibilities with this app. This is an immense project, so it will have to be taken in stages. The first stage - syncing footsteps to music - should be done by the end of this year.
The nature of this app is one in which it will need to use copyrighted material - mainly music. These licenses will be obtained, but will require fees. With your help we can meet this challenge.
Since each song has a specific and unique timing to it, we will have to sync the feet with each song, one by one. Hiring talented app developers to come up with algorithms for a quick syncing process will be necessary. With your support we will get this team moving.
The biggest challenge I had to face in developing this product are the dance steps themselves. People have two eyes and two feet, but their eyes can't shift from one foot to another that easily without getting confused. I've spent countless hours studying people following the dance steps, and in turn improved sequences and methods of foot placement so that it is easy to follow along. While learning how to dance is a benefit of this app, I never wanted the user to feel like they had to STUDY the dance steps in order to learn.
Dance, and the fun and happiness elements that come with dance is my dream to share in Danceables. I am ready for the challenges and I am grateful to all who help.
After the final version of the app is released, you can have a 30 minute online (i.e., Skype) coaching from the creator of Danceables for you or whomever you choose. This coaching can boost you further in becoming the dancer you want to be. + Danceable of the month + Table book + Ref book + Dance Calendar + BumpStick + TU note + Updates