Since the success of my previous kickstarter campaign for printable spaceship miniatures STL file pack for gaming. I have been planning for this next campaign to provide scifi lovers, model enthusiasts, as well as tabletop gamers even more and better miniature models to 3D print. Besides designing spaceships, scifi structures is my second favorite objects to design therefore it makes a lot of sense to offer them in this campaign.
Unlike the previous campaign, this one will offer more than ever before! Many of these structures are designed to be "expandable" and will give you options to customize how you want them to look (to a certain degree of course!). For example, the Oxygen Extractor, which comes with individual oxygen tanks so you can use the tanks on their own as well as further decorating the main building. Another example is the Control Tower with expandable helipads so you can create a control tower with as many helipads as you want. Have a squad of 10 VTOLs? No problem print 4 expansion pieces and 1 end piece and you are covered! Or how about a Science Lab with 3 different looks so you can swap the one that fits the mood of the current game?
These are the scifi structures in the pipeline:
- power plant and crystal field
- control tower with expandable helipads (comes with one end piece and one expansion piece, each piece has two helipads)
- oxygen extractor with individual oxygen tanks
- underground gate and entrance
- ground missile turrets (comes with 3 versions: opened, closed and tilted in 2 pieces), container and small bunker
- individual containers, crates and barrels designed for warehouse, drop zone or use them on their own
- cityscape game tokens (set of 2)
- pentagon concept
- large bunker with detachable top (potentially double as a dice holder or storage for other game pieces!)
- large single helipad/drop zone combo (can be combined with multiple to form larger zone/helipad)
- science lab with alternate middle pieces (large bio dome, helipad and small bio dome)
- and of course stretch goals that I have in mind, which will slowly be revealed throughout the duration of the campaign (feel free to suggest what I should make and I might just be able to make it happen as a stretch goal!)
- Stretch Goal Special added - Walls & Dragon Teeth
As of Jan 06, I have re-scaled majority of the models with doors/entrances to have a door/entrance height of 20mm, hopefully this will make everyone's life a bit easier when scaling up and down for his/her own games.
By supporting my campaign, I will be able to continue designing and sharing more high quality models. The fund (after Kickstarter fees) will be invested on the time in designing the models, cost of testing/prototyping the models, printer maintenance and ultimately help funding for future releases of more printable miniatures.
As a token of my appreciation to my backers, all backers except those who pledged for the "Private" level will receive STL files (NOT PHYSICAL MODELS) of my scifi structures depending on which level you have pledged (see each pledge level for details). The following will show you what the models look like in multiple angles.
Stretch goals (will be added to those who pledge above the "Private" level):
Note: All models are for personal use only and may NOT be used for commercial purpose (selling and/or distributing for profit).
Samples of actual printed models:
- Recommended scale Sorry a few backers had asked me about recommended scale to print these and such. Unfortunately I did not have this in mind when designing these which I will start keeping that in mind from now on. Reason being I could scale them later since I knew the width, height and depth of the models when I open them in the slicer program. What I had in mind was, I knew the height of the building, for example the height of the door, then I would know how much more to scale up the building in order to look proportional to the minis.
- I have re-scaled some of the models with doors/entrances to have a door/entrance height of 2cm, hopefully this will make everyone's life a bit easier when scaling up and down.
If you want to purchase individual spaceship models from my previous campaign you can do so by visiting my store
Please help add and share my pages to your friends and families that would mean a lot to me! Thank you!
Risks and challenges
Since you will only be receiving digital STL files, the risk is kept at the minimum because there is NO ACTUAL PHYSICAL delivery involved.
Quality of the printed models will depend on your printer settings. Almost all models can be printed with minimal to no support. If there are any issues, I would be more than happy to provide assistance!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)