This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Tue, May 28 2019 12:58 PM UTC +00:00.
In the past, I designed four of my six successful Kickstarter projects as 3D printable scifi structures. This time I decided to strictly focus on interiors, once again jumping outside of my comfort zone, presenting you with my concept and design for “modular” 3D printable scifi interiors tiles.
And the idea for 3D printable scifi modular tiles was born.
I was tempted to integrate one or the other of some well know licensed tile systems (obviously I would need a license) but I wanted to see if I could create generic tiles without committing to a specific tile interlock system.
Designing interior tiles has posed a different challenge from my prior projects but I found it to be very fun and enjoyable. When designing tiles it feels like there are so many more ideas I can incorporate. I conceptualized modular tiles within tiles, having created a variety of plain square base templates with empty middle slots. The middle slots allows the option to swap out different "center pieces" to suit different game set ups while allowing for greater variety. For example, during one game, a tile section can be a lobby and in the next game, it can be switched to a fusion reactor room or a teleport chamber.
During the concept phase, in order to make my tiles modular, I have decided to create a plain square base with an empty middle slot. The middle slot will allow the option to swap out different "center pieces" to suit your games. For example, in this game, this section will be a lobby and in the next game, it can be switched to a fusion reactor room or a teleporter room. Later, I have expanded to having a few different plain bases to support one gate and 2 gates in addition to the original plain square base.
Each square base will be 13cm by 13cm and the center pieces will be 6.6cm by 6.6cm. The pieces are designed for 28mm scale but obviously you can resize the models anyway you want to fit your games.
The base set consists of over 45 pieces:
- plain base and plain center piece
- opened/closed gate pieces
- base for one gate
- base with 2 gates (north/south, east/west)
- base with 1 wall (east/west)
- base with 1 wall (north/south)
- base with 2 walls (corners, north/south, east/west)
- base with 3 walls (2 versions works with/without gates)
- 5 common center pieces
- kiosk, small and long benches
- expandable prison wall, door and bench
- storage room wall piece
- strategy room console with center piece
- power generator with center piece
- shuttle bay (end piece and expansion piece, shuttle)
- trophy room center piece (designed to store a dice on top for display)
- 3 different styles of servers with center piece
- teleporter pieces with center piece
- fusion reactor with center piece
- center pieces hatches (styles A, B, C)
- wall style B for single sided wall, corner walls, 3 walls
- gate style B (opened / closed)
- water treatment center piece
- resonator artifact with center piece
Note: All models that you are getting in STL file format (NOT THE PHYSICAL MODELS) are for personal use only and may NOT be used for commercial purpose (selling and/or distributing for profit).
For the stretch goals:
- elevator (unlocked)
- wall style C with wall turrets for single sided wall, corner walls (unlocked)
- crew quarter (unlocked)
- hatch with ladder center piece (unlocked)
- large console with center piece (unlock @ 3500)
- wall style D for single sided wall, corner walls (unlock @ $4000)
- more if we can reach even higher!
Printed at 100% and painted models with a Monoprice Select Mini at 0.1313mm layer height:
If you want to purchase individual spaceship and/or scifi structure models from my previous campaigns feel free to visit my store.
Please help like and share my pages to your friends and families that would mean a lot to me! Thank you!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/projectmobiusdesign
- Store for STL miniatues: http://www.project-mobius.com/shop
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectmobius
Special thanks to Yellow Sign Studio for constantly giving me feedback and making me a better designer.
Risks and challenges
Since you will only be receiving digital STL files, the risk is kept at the minimum because there is NO ACTUAL PHYSICAL delivery involved. And with 6 successful projects you can be sure that I will deliver.
Quality of the printed models will depend on your printer settings. Almost all models can be printed with minimal to no support. If there are any issues, I would be more than happy to provide assistance!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!