Overturn is tactical combat based board game with co-op elements to it. The uses the rich Middle Eastern folklore as a backdrop to tell its story which is ingrained is supernatural elements, legends and conspiracies.
The game uses a multiboard system to depict major scenarios with each major scenario ultimately ending after defeating its boss. The objective to win is simple: defeat all the bosses to reach the final boss and win the game. This can be done all on its own but it’s the coop element that makes Overturn unique. Each board or primary mission can be completed with multiple heroes and players yet each player has the option to pursue their own version of the story on the board and the choice to assist other players or not. The combat is turn based with the enemies having their own unique AI that makes them formidable as well as unpredictable. Players grow their levels by defeating enemies and learning new skills and increasing their power. This applies to enemies too who grow just as much tough as the player grows bolder.
To add one or more Add-ons to your pledge, just add the amount listed on the add-on(s) to your pledge amount. You will be asked to choose your preferred add-on(s) in the pledge manager after the campaign ends.
About Overturn:• Overturn is a role playing board game set in the mystical realm of Drish Barahir where you can embark on an epic journey either on your own or with your friends in a cooperative fashion.
• Your objective as a player is to defeat all the bosses on the boards by completing quests and ensuring that there is minimal collateral damage.
• Overturn’s unique element is its Co-op gameplay where another player can choose to follow their own path or assist you in the fulfilment of your quest.
• You can win the game by defeating the final boss Zahak and that is no easy task.
• The beautiful world of Drish Barahir beckons you discover its secrets making exploration an integral part of the gameplay.
• Move around each intricately designed board where you can do a lot.
• You can either interact with NPCs or search the grid to find a secret which can either be good or a nasty surprise. Or you can engage in combat if you are facing an opponent.
• Every level takes place on a different board. From the moonlit graveyards to citadels and central bazars every level and there board offers a distinct landscape and its own set of enemies and challenges along with secrets.
• Travel along the unique and mystical landscapes of Drish Barahir each with its own set of enemies on uniquely designed boards with physical architecture that can even be destroyed.
• From watchtowers where sniper archers can shoot you on side to the ground where enemies and mini bosses keep rotating; every step you take in the world of Drish Barahir can be your last.
Combat and characterization
• Select from an array of beautifully crafted heroes to play each with their own gameplay style and unique back story that will make you connect with your player on an emotional level.
• Fight through hordes of Zahak or his minions forces or towering Ifrits that once unleased may rampage across your board.
• Combat is an integral and the most interesting part of Overturn’s gameplay. Every encounter can be deadly as the AI that governs the enemies makes every combat move a matter of life and death.
• But beware though the game’s unique AI makes each confrontation a challenge as your enemies swarm you with varying skill levels.
• That is why each conflict delivers a different experience every time you face a foe.
• Ifrits are the mini bosses of the game that can wreak havoc on the board once they get unleashed through the discovery of a possessed NPC. Neutralize them quick to avoid collateral damage.
• As you defeat enemies you level up unlocking new perks.
• To face more enemies and level up; you need to take up challenges strewn across the board.
• But every action has a consequence in the world of Overturn. Every mission reward in Overturn works on the basis of fate hence a long grueling combat to rescue a family from blood may sometimes reward you with the curse status or you may end up earning a rare weapon.
• The game has a beautiful world full of different enemy factions governed by their respective bosses. You need to be tougher and far sighted to face each boss from the very beginning of the game.
• Be careful though; behind veil of civil war gripping Drish Barahir; there is supernatural and ancient force that is pulling all the strings.
• Overturn make its players choose their actions carefully because death of civilians or NPC will speed up the Chaos Clock. Enough collateral damage will set the clock to midnight which will simply end the game.
• Become part of the rebellion. Liberate the Oasis Lands.
More reviews and gameplay videos will be revealed during the campaign
The European Union, USA and Canada zones will be “Shipping Friendly”: Backers from these countries will not suffer import taxes.
We will be charging for shipping after the Kickstarter ends during the pledge management phase. This is the best option we could find, since shipping to backers changes based on their location and what they have ordered. We cannot ship these packages to PO boxes domestically or internationally, due to their size and the high chance of being bounced back to us.
USA: $20-$30 to most states.
CANADA: $25-$35 to most cities.
EUROPE: $20-$30 to France. $25-$35 to most other countries.
ASIA: $35 to China and Hong Kong. $45 to most other countries.
REST OF THE WORLD: $80.
We will do our utmost to ensure that your products arrive on time, before the public release of the game. However, we are aware that some problems concerning shipping and production may arise that are outside of our sphere of influence. If we cannot guarantee that all backers will receive their copy of the game before the general release, then we can, at least, guarantee that you will be benefitting from a great discount and many exclusive Kickstarter only features. The commercial version of the game will include a lot less material than the Kickstarter one. If these special contents and prices are not sufficient when compared to the risk of not being delivered on time however, then we suggest that you do not participate in this crowdfunding campaign and acquire the game when it is released in shops. Thank you for your understanding.
Risks and challenges
The Fox Tales Studios are team of professionals. We have put in months of time and research to check our options to deliver the best product in the most timely manner we can possibly provide. This includes time spent balancing out which manufacturer to use to guarantee quality board game assets, time spent hunting down and securing the best shipping partner for our needs, and utilizing numerous industry contacts for professional advice and input.
Our game is going to be manufactured in China, which introduces us to a few vague details as far as scheduling goes, such as Production Delays, Shipping Delays, and Customs Delays. This means our estimated delivery date of July 2019 is just that, an estimate.
We will do our best to minimize any issues that would cause delays and we will be open and honest about any problems that come up. First and foremost, we respect our Backers, and want to make sure you know that you are our priority.
All pledges can be refunded up to 14 days after the end of the Kickstarter campaign, fees included. After which, we have a policy of no questions asked for a refund, but will be unable to refund you the charges incurred by Kickstarter and Stripe (as we will not be refunded by them after this 14 day period), Pledge Manager and also the other charges for your payment (PayPal, VISA, credit card...). This represents approximately 15% of the full payment. Once we have started to process and packed your order, when the first ship leaves China, refunds will no longer be available. If any part of an order cannot be delivered, then we will reimburse you the cost of this component, fees included. Refunds within the 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card. Any refunds requested after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe or your credit card. This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in the USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented in this Kickstarter project.
If you do not log in and confirm your pledge within 8-weeks of our notification via email to confirm your pledge, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after the 8 week window has elapsed.
If you confirm your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification via email, you agree that our responsibility to you is to ship your order as entered into our pledge manager system, that title and risk passes to you upon delivery to a common carrier for such shipment, and you are responsible for import duties or any other duties that may be payable to the relevant tax authorities, providing correct address information and ensuring this address is deliverable by normal methods. We regret we are unable to ship to PO Boxes.
If these terms are not acceptable to you, then we suggest that you do not participate in this crowdfunding campaign and acquire the game when it is released in stores. Thank you for your understanding.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)