T.R.E.K. Orbital Artillery - iOS / Android
T.R.E.K. Orbital Artillery - iOS / Android
An orbital physics artillery game that uses all your favorite TREK & SCI-FI weapons for epic planetary warfare!
An orbital physics artillery game that uses all your favorite TREK & SCI-FI weapons for epic planetary warfare! Read more
About this project
Plasma Cannons to 45 degrees and Ready, Full Power to Shield.... FIRE!
T.R.E.K. Orbital Artillery (aka “TOA”) simply put is an action packed artillery style game where you take command of your very own planet and purchase an arsenal with the goal of planetary destruction, economic devastation or the acquisition of wealth. Did I mention PLANETARY DESTRUCTION . . . I just wanted to make sure you saw that.
In TOA, you are a rookie commander in the T.R.E.K. corporation (for acronym see below), a rag tag mercenary group that specializes in creative diplomacy (a.k.a. bang... bang... kaboom!). You will be sent to various planets, given funds and asked to help in local disputes. As you progress, you will collect spoils from your victories, rise in rank, discover new technologies, unlock new galaxies and eventually be able to demonstrate your skills with your friends.
The main feature in TOA is the existence of multiple radial gravitational sources. This makes for some very interesting game play. The majority of the large objects in the game will have an inward pulling gravitational force. So, when you are talking about a solar system with two planets and a sun, you can imagine the fun there is in slingshotting a plasma bolt around your planet, passing the sun and hitting your opponent. Throw a moon or two into the mix, and you will find yourself blowing up a moon to adjust the gravitational forces of the solar system to get an optimal shot to hit your target.
- Blow up Planets - Need I say more . . . Okay, if you insist. TOA will provide you with various ways of taking down your opponents, be it an orbital barrage of fire power, creative planning with asteroids/comets, orbital adjustments into the sun and much more.
- Live Action - There is no turn based gameplay here. TOA is live action game. The game starts, the planets move and the action begins. Take as many shots as your power level and cash allow, or wait until the heavens align and make an epic blow to you opponent.
- Quick Pickup and Play Design - Since this game is created for the mobile platform, all levels will load quickly and allow you the maximum amount of planetary devastation, even if you only have a quick 10 min break to do so.
- Physics Puzzle Based Gameplay - Single player missions will have their own unique challenges, including but not limited to wormholes, spacial anomalies, astroids, black holes, supernovas and maybe a few alien invaders, each of which will add their own particular flavor to aiming your shots.
- Massive Weapon Arsenal - Tri-cobalt devices, quantum torpedoes, tactical nukes and more will be at your fingertips! TOA will launch with at least 25+ unique weapons, defenses and tech. After launch, you will see updates with additional weapons and even special weapon packs available through in-app purchase.
- Multiplayer - This is a dream that we hope will be made a reality sooner with your support. The game will launch with a single player only, but multiplayer will soon follow as a free update. Since my understanding of multiplayer design is limited, we want to hire outside help to expedite development to get this done. You can expect to see multiplayer in the form of skirmish matches where you and one or more opponents can duke it out for dominance of the solar system.
- iOS - Initially TOA has been created for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. A Mac version will follow shortly after launch. If we get enough funding we plan to have an Android version ready within a few months.
Why we need your support?
TOA has been in production for the last year and currently has a working alpha version with more than 80% of the game completed (see our video for gameplay footage). We would like to Launch the completed game March / April 2012, but to do so, we will need your support. The funds generated through Kickstarter will allow us to:
- Hire a very talented artist to complete the art assets for the game and design a UI. (See concept work. It was completed by the artist we want to hire)
- Add Sound FX and Music to the game
Over Funding ($10,000+):
- Add Multiplayer Support (Accelerated) & Cross Platform Compatibility (Android)
- Additional Graphic Improvements & More Weapons = More Fun!
What is PyroElectric Games? T.R.E.K.? What’s the scoop?
PyroElectric Games is a small game studio focusing specifically on mobile platform gaming that is based in Los Angeles, California.
Things to remember about us:
- Small Game Studio, Big Dreams - When I say small, I mean one guy, his wife and some great artist friends.
- Open to Ideas - We have no ego, so critics and suggestions are welcome.
- Innovative - We are looking to do things differently. How will it turn out? That’s another story.
T.R.E.K. Orbital Artillery is the brainchild of both myself & my long time friend and past college roommate, Akash. He brought me the idea of an orbital artillery game several months back. At the time, I was toying around with a game engine for a spaceship based shooter as my next project. After some lengthy brainstorming and lunch, we felt this project was one we needed to pursue, so we made it happen.
Originally, being a small studio (cough, myself) we had plans to do the art ourselves. However, after we got a working concept of the game running, we knew this game had great potential. It would be 100 times better if we could hire a professional artist. Around this time, my older brother, Fazlul, saw the running concept of the game, and he directed me to Kickstarter as a possible solution to our artist dilemma, and here we are today.
Help Us Pick
We have two great t-shirt designs. Send us a message and let us know which one you would like to see as the official TOA t-shirt.
T-Shirt Design #1
T-Shirt Design #2
T.R.E.K. What does it stand for?
Nothing yet, but that’s where we need you! See contribution levels for details. Some ideas we have had so far:
T - The / Trans / Tomatoes
R - Rogue / Reactive / Rice
E - Empire / Energy / Eggplant
K - Killers / kCapacitor / Konglomerate
As you can see, we really need your help! :)
Being a huge Sci-fi geek, I always wanted to create a game that allowed me to show the best parts of science fiction (Epic Weapons & Planetary Destruction). With TOA I feel I can make this happen. It has taken sometime but this dream of mine is almost a reality, and with a little support from the Kickstarter community, it can come to life. Thank you all for your time and consideration for this project, and I wish you all long life and prosperity. ;)
Support this project
- (30 days)