Nandha Blues' second album, “Nandha Strikes Again”, includes nine original songs and, like our previous record, the music pays tribute to the traditions and roots of blues and southern rock while being enhanced by an orginal, fine Italian flavour. The cover artwork is by the fantastic American artist Peter Nogas, a.k.a. Psychodelik Pete, who has reinterpreted the image of the witch Nandha, from which the band takes its name, in an Afro-American style.
Who we are:
Max Arrigo is the founder of the Nandha Blues a classic rock band with a southern flavour, well known for his fine slide guitar work played mostly in standard and open tune. He has been the leader of well known southern rock bands as Voodoo Lake (1999/2006) and Shanghai Noodle Factory(2006/2010) He’s also appreciated for his soulful voice, which has been compared to the singers who pioneered this kind of music. Over the years, he has shared European stages with several artists and bands from all over the world: Marcus King Band, North Mississippi Allstars, Delta Moon from Atlanta Georgia, Marc Ford (Black Crowes & Ben Harper),Hook Herrera ( Gov’t Mule and Willy DeVille), Jono Manson, Johnny Neel & W.I.N.D.,Steepwater band, Mauro Pagani (P.F.M.), Savoy Truffle, Joe Pitts and the Liquid Groove Mojo, Andy Penington, Pat Savage, Rebel Storm, Flatman, The Cell, Ulysses (UK) and many more. Nandha is an international musical project, since 2010, including the talented Italian musicians Alberto Fiorentino on Bass, Roberto Tassone on drums. That which brings the band members together is a taste for improvisation based on blues, rock and a little jazz. A formula of age-old traditions but one which has remained relevant and which goes straight to the heart, used as a means of entering into harmony with the cosmos.
Max Arrigo: lead and slide guitar and lead vocal
Alberto Fiorentino: Bass
Roberto Tassone : drums
The new album will be enhanced by the presence of renowned artists from the American blues rock scene : Eric Saylors from Steepwater Band, Joe Pitts, Big Papa Binns, Mark Johnson from Delta Moon Band. Great italian artists will be also part of the project Enrico Nick Benvenuti on sax, Roberto Guietti on harp, Marco Giovinazzo on percussion, Pietro Panzarasa on guitar, Lorenzo Tagliaferro and Erika Iamonte on backin' vocals.
Important moments in the career of the Band:
- December 2007 opening act for Marc Ford guitarist of the Black Crowes and Ben Harper.
- 2008 is characterized by the collaboration with Jono Manson (John Popper, Spin Doctor, Kevin Costner) and Joe Pitts bluesman from Arkansas.
- May 2008 Shanghai Noodle Factory coheadliner with the band the CELL at the New Orleans Festival of Furth in Germany
- October 2008 U.S.A. tour where the band collected considerable approvals among public and critics: for the occasion the band was interviewed by the radio station KABF 88 from Little Rock Arkansas that plays regulary the new albums.
- Max Arrigo & Roberto Tassone live @ Blues House Party on KABF 88,3 FM (the longest running blues show on KABF 26+ YEARS)
- June 2010 Openin act for TEN YEARS AFTER
- May 2011 Opening act for North Mississippi Allstars
- June 2013 Nandha sign a contract with the US label Grooveyard Record from NY
- October 2013 US tour (Arkansas, Mississippi, Tenessee)
- From October 2013 till today neverending tour all over Italy and Europe
- October 2017 USA tour: Nandha on stage at the famous Hotsprings Blues Festival with Nikki Hill
- October 2018 Opening act for Marcus King Band live in Annecy
2001 Voodoo Lake –homonymous;
2005 Voodoo lake –Flowers in the Sand
2009 Shanghai Noodle Factory- The Second Natures of SNF-
2013 Nandha Blues - Black Strawberry Mama
Risks and challenges
This campaign is basically a pre-order system for fans to get the new album as well as new merchandise . This Kickstarter campaign will help us fund the production of this album from start to finish. Our goal is to stay independent so that we may maintain complete control of our creative output as a band. Funding this project helps us keep things that way.
Our goal is to record, mix, master and produce a high quality Nandha album. We are also planning on producing new merchandise for our fans, such as new t-shirts featuring Peter Nogas' artwork and stickers showing Nandha's logo.
How we’ll get the job done:
Our budget breakdown for this project:
Euro 3000 for recording/mixing/mastering
Euro 3,475 for merchandise and physical album production
Euro 650 for graphic design work (album layout and merchandise layout)
Euro 375 will go to Kickstarter if we reach our goal
- (60 days)