Coloring is my great escape!
As a tightly-wound professional woman who LOVES to get stuff done, my internal drive needs to be parked every now and again or my ambition quickly turns into a cluster of anxiety.
So... I color.
- Coloring helps me escape from the constant pressures that come with being human.
- Coloring allows me to use logic and be creative at the same time.
- Coloring allows me to do something but absolutely nothing.
- Coloring allows me to relax without hurting my liver or causing diabetes (I can spend a night binge coloring and wake up the next day feeling refreshed, relaxed, and guilt-free).
But people still think coloring is just for kids.
Kids, you can have your fun shaped snacks and yummy tasting medicine but you can't have coloring! Grown-ups need it too, but we need something different to color than the bulky cartoon or zoo animal options currently available. We need something exclusively for us – something that we can pull out on an airplane, in a waiting room, or at our favorite coffee shop. A coloring book we can be proud of.
I want to legitimize coloring as an acceptable and admirable adult behavior, so my friend (and brilliant graphic designer) Anne Pageau and I collaborated to create our first Escape Artists Coloring Book. This book has been DESIGNED FOR YOU, not your 6-year-old neighbor.
A few details on the Escape Artists’ first edition:
- 36 brilliantly-designed modern and edgy coloring pages
- Our 1st Edition is focused on geometric shapes that you can color into a thousand different pictures.
- Notebook size (7.5 x 9.5 inches) to tuck neatly into a purse or bag
- Hard-covered and spiral bound to lay flat for optimal use
- Perforated pages; perfect for sharing
- Printed and Made in Michigan, USA
Join with us, become an Escape Artist, and support this book. Your backing will help us reclaim the art and joy of coloring for adults everywhere.
Risks and challenges
With 30 collective years experience in product development and fulfillment, our team knows only too well the unexpected challenges every project can bring. We've been planning this project for over six months and are hoping we've covered as many of the potential challenges as possible.
We've produced prototypes to make sure the printing process, binding, and cover designs will turn out the way we want them. That said, there could always be the need to change something for our final print run. We're working with a print and production partner who runs a commercial printing business and they're in this with us every step of the way.
Packaging and shipping can be a hassle, especially when a project is a success and thousands of orders come in all at once. We're ready for it. We're ready for the all-nighters and have a team of people, from excel wizards to shipping specialists ready to help make this dream come true.
The one promise we can make is that if things change, get delayed, or don't meet your highest expectations, we'll communicate with you honestly and quickly and do everything to make things right.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)