The story of Partake Foods began when we discovered that our daughter Vivienne has several food allergies.
Partake Foods is a line of healthy and delicious snacks that are free from the Top 8 Allergens. All of our cookie recipes were carefully designed by gluten-free baking pioneer and James Beard award winning cookbook author Shauna Ahern, the "Gluten-Free Girl".
Our first line of products for Partake Foods are Mini Cookies.
Partake Foods' Mini Cookies are:
- Free of the Top 8 Allergens
- Non-GMO Project Verified and Kosher
- Free of Preservatives & Artificial Flavors
- Vegan and Gluten-Free
- Made with fruits, vegetables, and transparently sourced ingredients from trusted suppliers
- Produced in a facility that is Free of the Top 8 Allergens
Our products will be available in three different flavors:
- Carrot Oat
- Blueberry Buckwheat
- Sweet Potato Millet
We have partnered up with a trusted contract manufacturer whose facility is Free of the Top 8 Allergens and lined up a strong team of Food Science and Operations experts, but we need funding in order to pay for:
- High Quality Ingredients
- Manufacturing Costs
- Non GMO Project Verification & Kosher Certification
For your generous contributions, we offer many exciting rewards.
Our team is made up of the best of the best. Here are some of the great people who have helped make this journey for Partake Foods a successful and promising one.
- Founders: Denise Woodard & Jeremy Woodard
- Co-Founder: Vivienne Woodard - Our Inspiration, Toddler In Charge
- Recipe Development: Shauna Ahern, Gluten-Free Girl
- Packaging & Logo Development: Make & Matter
- Website Development & Design: KnapSack Creative
- Video & Crowdfunding Campaign Design: Christine Chen, Moth to Flame
- Product Photographer: Derek Pfohl
- Kickstarter Video Venue: The Kitchen Table
We're launching this Kickstarter to raise money for our first large scale production run, to bring Partake Foods to the world! This money will be used in the following ways:
- NON GMO & KOSHER CERTIFICATION — 20% will go towards obtaining Non GMO Project Verified and Kosher certifications
- CO-PACKER — 40% will go towards the cost of working with our co-packer — the price of raw ingredients, baking and packaging the cookies, testing done in the facility
- R&D —20% will fund the cost of Research & Development to scale our recipe from a delicious kitchen recipe to a commercially viable product
- SHIPPING —5% will cover the cost of shipping ingredients to our co-packer and shipping the final product for distribution
- CONSULTING AND LEGAL FEES — 5% will be needed to cover legal and consulting fees
- KICKSTARTER & AMAZON FEES — 10% of the funding is automatically deducted by Kickstarter (5%) and Amazon (Credit Card Fees).
Please tell your friends and family!
Risks and challenges
We have taken every step possible to mitigate risk – We're working with a team of industry professionals on Operations & Food Science; We’ve partnered with a Contract Manufacturer that we trust; We’ve sourced high quality ingredients from trusted suppliers, and even sourced backup ingredient suppliers, but there is still a small chance, we could run into challenges, such as:
Issues with Ingredients – For example, the vanilla bean crop in 2016 was not good, and it was hard to find a vanilla supplier. Should our suppliers have inventory issues with ingredients, it would affect our timeline.
Excess Demand – If our KickStarter does really well, we would have to work with our CoPacker to get extra time on their lines to produce our product.
R&D – We have a delicious kitchen recipe, created by Gluten Free Girl, but we are working with a Product Developer to commercialize it into a product that meets our standards, but also has a shelf life that makes it realistic for retail.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)