Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, Pond will work with all Qi enabled phones, tablets, and devices.
- Pond will also work with any phone when you have a Pond Pebble for microUSB or Lightning.Last updated:
- Qi capable phones are coming to the market continually. You can find a list of Qi compatible phones here: http://www.pondcharging.com/qi-capable-phones/Last updated:
- Pond will work with any phone when you have a Pond Pebble for microUSB or Lightning. The Pond Pebble attached to your phone will charge when the pebble is placed on the Pond unit.Last updated:
- With Pond Pebble: Most accessories with a micro USB charging port can be charged. Tablets too, though depending on your tablet's battery size, and your normal charger mA rating, it may take a bit longer. With Pond Pebble Lightning connector version, you can charge an iPad Mini, iPod Touch, and even a full-size iPad (though this will take longer than with full-sized iPad charger). *Pond will also charge other Qi compatible devices. More are coming out all of the time.Last updated:
- Yes, absolutely. Many phones have wireless charging capability built in, so if your friend has a Qi enabled phone, they can right away. If you have a Pond Pebble for microUSB or Lightning to enable just about any phone or accessory. Pond will work with any phone.Last updated:
- Yes, as long as you are using a Qi certified charger, it will charge great.Last updated:
When I am using the Stream case, can I still charge my phone by cable, and can I still use the data connection by cable?
- This is a feature of Stream that people really love. The Stream case has a micro USB connector which can be used for charging and data. So, instead of using the USB to lightning cord, any USB cable with microUSB can be used (like the ones that come with all Android phones).Last updated:
- Normal charging time for iPhone 5s with the Stream case is around 2 hours and 15 minutes. This is the same as charging with Apple's 5W USB charger.
- Just like Apple's USB wall charger, the charging happens more quickly in the early and middle stages, then slows as the battery gets more full. See Apple's charging rate information here. http://www.apple.com/batteries/
- This link is to a time-lapse video showing the stages of iPhone 5 with USB charge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwdpsPq-RQLast updated:
- Currently, Pond's battery is not removable. It is a great suggestion, so we are looking into it. We will keep you posted if anything changes.Last updated:
Okay, this is serious and important. There is not another iPhone 5s Qi case like Stream!
Each of these elements sets Stream apart in terms of Performance, Design & Quality, and Premium US made options.
1) Performance -
Stream - Meets Apple's very challenging requirement of full 1A charging, so wireless charging speed is just like plugging it to the USB charger.
Others - Most do not come close, typically falling in the 500mA to 700mA rate at best for both cases and the Qi cards that plug your Lightning connector.
Why this matters - With full charging speed, you can enjoy the benefits of wireless charging without sacrificing getting a speedy charge when you need it.
2) Design and Quality:
Stream - With Stream there has been no cutting corners. We made a very slim case, that feels great in the hand and provides just the right amount of protection. People have said it feels like something Apple would make, perfectly fitting the phone without adding bulk. We are also watching the quality very closely for fit and finish. We care about giving you a high quality product. Apple's official lightning connector adds to the reliability and quality.
Others - We have tried other products. There are several models, often being resold by many companies. Shortcomings we have seen: a) average to below average build quality and durability - most broke within a short time. b) minimal design effort, bulky, or ergonomically marginal. c) missing features - many plug the Lightning connector and don't have a micro USB port to provide both data and wired charging.
Why this matters - Qi wireless charging is a great technology, as you can hear from many Samsung, LG, Google Nexus, HTC, Nokia Lumia owners, etc... Some of the second-rate products that have been made available for iPhone, many also not Qi approved, are really not good for anyone. These disappointments have been projected onto the technology. Pond and Stream provide a first-rate option, at last!
3) Premium materials - Step up to the luxurious feel of our premium hardwood options. This have covers are carefully crafted in the US, from US sourced maple and walnut.
Stream is a product that is worth your money. If you want a great wireless charging solution that performs and will last, Stream is the only option. The difference is substantial!Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question