Welcome to the BINARY STAR: Volume 1 Kickstarter!
BINARY STAR Volume 1: The Big, Cosmic Joke is a 120-page graphic novel about an intergalactic bounty hunter teaming up with an alien outlaw to make sure she cashes his bounty before anyone else does!
Zaki's a hot-tempered bounty hunter pursuing an icy, alien outlaw. She only knows two things about the so-called "snowman": he's worth a lot of money, and Zaki's the one who's gonna take him down. There's just one problem...
Every bounty hunter in the galaxy got the same memo, and some of them will kill anyone who stands between their weapons and the money. When Zaki finds herself captured along with the seemingly-mute snowman, she realizes the only way to collect his bounty is to become his protector...
If Zaki and the snowman can keep from murdering each other first...
And get this! YOU CAN READ THE ENTIRE SERIES ONLINE COMPLETELY FREE! Go see the cosmic insanity for yourself by following the links below!
ABOUT THE BOOK!
For the first time ever, the first 5 chapters of BINARY STAR will be gravitationally bound into a 120-page graphic novel which includes 10 bonus pages of never-before-seen content! This includes an encyclopedia about the sentient aliens we've encountered, world-building lore, and bonus artwork. With your help, I'll be able to print 400 trade paperback copies of the book and 100 copies of the exclusive, hardcover edition!
All 17 reward tiers include a PDF copy of Volume 1! Other rewards include:
* THE LIMITED EDITION, HARDCOVER BOOK! Only 100 of these will be printed, so secure yours now!
For an additional $10, up to 20 BACKERS will receive an ORIGINAL, HAND-DRAWN INK SKETCH with the hardcover book!
* LIMITED EDITION ART PRINTS IN FULL COLOR featuring ZAKI, SPOOKY, and Captain KALMAIYA! These were digitally painted by yours truly! Not only are these the first art prints ever released for BINARY STAR, they're the first BINARY STAR products I've everreleased in COLOR!
* THE LIMITED EDITION STICKER SHEET! These will be die cut, vinyl stickers on a 4"x6" sheet.
* FLOPPY COMIC SETS! These sets include the floppy editions of the first 5 chapters! This might seem redundant, but they come with a ton of bonus material not included in the paperback or hardcover trades!
* COMMISSIONS! Want to get some original art? Pick one of these levels, and you'll get a 9"x12" ink illustration of anything you'd like (so long as it doesn't contain any adult content)! Here are some examples of 9"x12" illustrations I've done in the past.
When I first launched this comic last February, I never could've imagine how far BINARY STAR would come, and how many amazing people would help me achieve my dreams.
If this campaign succeeds, $2,500 of the $3,000 goal will go towards printing the books. The remaining $500 will go towards shipping and printing the exclusive BINARY STAR prints and stickers.
UPDATE! WE'VE SUCCEEDED!!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!
Update: WE UNLOCKED ALL 3 STRETCH GOALS!!! OMG! Thank you so much, you guys!!!
If you contribute even a single dollar to this Kickstarter, not only are you helping an independent artist realize her dreams, you're also supporting the wonderful world of creator-owned comics! And if you're unable contribute money to this Kickstarter, you can still support this project by spreading the word! Tell your friends! Your family! That demon possessing your body! Tell everyone you know - especially on social media! - AND TOGETHER, WE CAN TAKE BINARY STAR TO THE NEXT GALACTIC LEVEL!
Here are some my favorite (spoiler-free) pages from chapters 1-5 of BINARY STAR! I hope you're as excited about this book as I am!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
- Jamie <3 **
Risks and challenges
This is a one-woman project, but you can count on me to fulfill this campaign because if I don't, all the guilt and shame is completely on me! Barring any unforeseen disasters - like Cthulu rising from the ocean - there shouldn't be any delays. The first 5 chapters of the comic are already completed and all of the art prints art are already illustrated. Assuming I don't get violent food poisoning or abducted by Ravagers, I should be able to fulfill all my campaign promises in a timely fashion! And if I fail, you guys can march me through the streets of Chicago chanting "SHAME! SHAME!"Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)