Brewing is a collaborative effort. The farmer who grows the hops, the maltster who kilns the grains, the brewer who blends the wort, all work as a team to make possible the bounty that is beer.
With this campaign we are looking to collaborate with YOU to help us purchase a 10 barrel brewing system.
Local Origin Brewing:
Our mission at Cartesian is to provide brewed alcoholic beverages and snacks made from locally-sourced, fresh ingredients. We wish to further the cause of the farm-to-table movement and increase awareness of the value of local produce and locally-crafted goods. This goal will be achieved by purchasing equipment, supplies, and ingredients from producers in the Philadelphia region including kegs from Geemacher (Pottstown, PA), brewing malts from Deer Creek (Glen Mills, PA), and breads from Wildflour Bakery (Philadelphia, PA) among others. We plan to work with local agriculture organizations such as the Food Trust that supports farmer’s markets and the Philadelphia Orchard Project that turns vacant lots into fertile plots. Furthermore, we seek to collaborate with local artists and printers for our tangible products including flyers and clothing.
All backers will receive an invitation to our special opening weekend festivities. Glass and growler backers will be able to receive and fill their containers at that time (or during a future visit to our brewery).
Our glassware backers will receive one (1) 10 oz or 16 oz gold-rimmed glass emblazoned with our logos. Both of our logos are on every glass. Note that the gold rim will only be available to those who collaborate through this campaign.
Our growler backers will receive one (1) 32 oz glass or 34 oz stainless steel gowler emblazoned with our logos. Both of our logos are on every growler.
Our initial funding goal is $20,000, but that will just meet our most basic needs. With additional funds we will be able provide you with much more.
1. Growler (and then some) - For every 48 pledges we will be able to secure a different color stainless growler. After successful funding we will include a survey of available colors and choose the most popular.
2. $25,000 - Cold-conditioning tank - We will be able to purchase a cold-conditioning tank that is dedicated to bringing you lagers and crisp ales made from local ingredients. We have some talented raw materials producers in this region, and a cold-conditioned beer is the best way to celebrate these ingredients.
3. $30,000 - Expanded cider production - We will be able to expand our production of fresh cider and explore experimental varieties made with hops, fruit, and honey.
4. $35,000 - Urban farm collaboration - We will be able to sponsor a local urban farm near the brewery.
5. $40,000 - Neighborhood brew - We will be able to collaborate with your favorite neighborhood bar, restaurant, or social venue to produce an exclusive beer to be served only there.
6. $50,000 and beyond - Collaborate with Cartesian - Share with us your thoughts, hopes, and dreams. What should your local brewery be doing? Excessive hops? Barrel-aging? Cooperation with sustainable/philanthropic/educational/etc. organizations?
Risks and challenges
We are a well-regarded startup brewery. Over the past few years we have established connections within the community and earned respect both publicly and professionally.
We are in the process of securing our first location. Lease arrangements and final details of the business may change.
Anticipated reward delivery date is based on our current schedule for leasing, licensing, and construction with an estimated open date of August 2019.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)