What is the project?
We are building a free website and a pair of Android/iOS apps to teach introductory Arabic using integrated lessons, dialogues, flash-cards, quizzes and a dictionary.
To see a snapshot check out the public website:
Who are we?
TenguGo has already produced several apps including a top-rated free App to teach the Arabic Alphabet for both Android and iOS. We are a team of developers, teachers, linguists and native speakers who want to show you that learning Arabic doesn't have to be frustrating. In fact, it can be fun!
We are about two-thirds of the way done with the TenguGo Arabic 1 Textbook/App. With your support we are hoping we can finish it in a little over a month.
- Software: 90% done. The website, iOS and Android apps all can handle lessons, quizzes, flash cards and the Arabic Dictionary. See video for a demo.
- Lessons: 66% done (10 are in final draft, getting feedback from users)
- Quizzes: 50% done
- Audio: 0% done
- Arabic Word/Root dictionary: We will continue to add more vocabulary.
What will we be releasing?
- Free website and low cost (99¢) Android/iOS apps
- 15 Arabic lessons covering greetings, culture, basic grammar (nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs) and basic conversation, complete with audio
- Vocab and Grammar quizzes for each lesson
- Arabic dictionary with both Word and Arabic Root look-up
Screenshots of Lessons, Quizzes, Dictionary and Flashcards.
What would we do if we exceed our goal?
- Extra lessons
- Arabic Vocab Builder
- More audio
- Start work on TenguGo Arabic 2
- Improve dictionary (more words)
Risks and challenges
Here is what we have left to do:
1) Record audio - this shouldn't be to difficult
2) Finish the last 5 lessons - this will take time, but since we already did 10 it shouldn't be impossible
3) Software - Functionally the web, iOS and Android versions work as is, but of course there are always some bugs to iron out
4) Quizzes and vocab - we need to add some more, but once again it's just some more work
- (30 days)